Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

Oh my god you guys. Idle Thumbs has a Wikipedia article and it hasn't been deleted yet due to "relevance" bullshit!

Oh my god you guys. Idle Thumbs has a Wikipedia article and it hasn't been deleted yet due to "relevance" bullshit!

Money = relevancy!

I just want to say that when Idle Thumbs no longer had a podcast, I was super disappointed. And then, when I saw they had a Kickstarter to bring it back, I instantly donated.

Money = More Thumbs is the best equation.

Money = More Thumbs is the best equation.

But we also know that:

• Money = Time
  • Mo' Money = Mo' problems

So we can say that

• Time = More Thumbs
  • Problems = More Thumbs
    Thus, in time, we can deduce that
  • Time = Problems

This venture is doomed x_x

Edited by SpeedyDesiato
Integrity

It's when Andy Serkis acts like an ape and people encourage him.

Oh, I thought you might mean this guy:

mokap.jpg

If you wrote us we'll make sure you get the right tier of stuff. There are a few funky edge cases like yours and its not a big deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Jake, and others who may have to do a bit more recollecting/work because of people like me.

I took this in Kenya while thinking of you fellows, and I wanted a bit of proof to show I was there - a cell phone assassin mission tower as seen in Far Cry 2:

BnQkLl.jpg

And Ostriches (not seen in Far Cry 2):

w3t30l.jpg

I probably didn't get Malaria.

Did you crash your jeep into a ditch yet? Don't leave Far Cry 2 Africa without it!

a cell phone assassin mission tower as seen in Far Cry 2:

BnQkLl.jpg

Visually, that is spookily alike to the place where I gave up on Far Cry 3 (I was playing the PS3 version, which I was later assured is terrible compared to 360 and PC).

Visually, that is spookily alike to the place where I gave up on Far Cry 3 (I was playing the PS3 version, which I was later assured is terrible compared to 360 and PC).

I swear that exact hill is in FC2 with a cell tower on it. NW-ish top-ish area of the first map.

now I want to play Far Cry 2 again.

What's that, you say? Far Cry 2?

EP6O

Did you crash your jeep into a ditch yet? Don't leave Far Cry 2 Africa without it!

Mistakenly did not crash a jeep, but there were plenty of people playing with fire. And in a turn from lightheartedness to brash reality, there was a grenade attack.

I think so. Definitely first map. The bit I'm recalling has a river quite close, too.

When we were driving near that photo location I was settling into a confident mood for the first time "in-country", and as soon as I saw that tower - my brain told me "you've been here before".

There is a river near where that was taken! I was reading the wiki entry for FC2 and it does say that the team visited Kenya for inspiration, perhaps we took the same road. At that point we were following near the Tsavo river (featured in the book The Man-eaters of Tsavo and movie The Ghost and the Darkness), where we then met-up with this fellow who showed us around a bit:

BtPWpl.jpg

Definitely got my share of Far Cry 2 LARPing in. I hope you'll all join me next time.

S W

E E T M

O T H E R

O F G O D T

H O S E L O O

K L I K E P O S

T C A R D S