Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

I've hit a snag(gletooth) with my payment! Probably because of the Double Fine thing my temporary credit card bounced. Amazon now asks that I enter another credit card (which I don't have), but I just want to lower the pledged amount (from 11,45 to 10, hopefully enabling me to pay). I can't find that option though, as the Kickstarter is already closed.

Yeah I think you're out of luck. This is why people were saying to put a bit of extra money on the card.

Thanks so much to everyone who pitched into the Kickstarter or even linked it somewhere or mentioned it to a friend! We're enormously grateful.

Yeah I think you're out of luck. This is why people were saying to put a bit of extra money on the card.

That wasn't an option since it's a stupid prepaid credit card, but I could have lowered the amount manually before the thing ended. So no Kickstarter money for, but I feel bad about it so can I donate something using Paypal or something? I feel like a goddamn third-rate Thumbs now.

That wasn't an option since it's a stupid prepaid credit card, but I could have lowered the amount manually before the thing ended. So no Kickstarter money for, but I feel bad about it so can I donate something using Paypal or something? I feel like a goddamn third-rate Thumbs now.

Aww, but without you, the puzzle is incomplete!

We're unlikely to get anything like that set up any time soon. You could get a new card and use it for the Kickstarter, then use the remaining funds on your other card to just buy other stuff when you need it?

Woo, fully baked new logo is officially a thing! :tup: I dig the pixelated look too. I wish the pixel artiness read as more intentional. Something to explore in future treatments perhaps.

That was just a bad scaling job on the part of the realtime video mixer. Sorry about that!

That was just a bad scaling job on the part of the realtime video mixer. Sorry about that!

No worries, I figured it was something like that.

Watched the videos ... excellent stuff. I loved Sean's homebarrel story.

It actually never came to me to stash stuff in barrels. I always to assumed them to be shitty barrels and lose my stuff.

Don't suppose there'll be an easy way to download these at any point?

I don't think so. It's hosted on twitch.tv as a part of their service.

Congrats! Just watched the videos as well. Wished Chris would have played Space Asshole anyway.

We sang it in chat for a bit, until the shame grew too large.

Watched the videos ... excellent stuff. I loved Sean's homebarrel story.

It actually never came to me to stash stuff in barrels. I always to assumed them to be shitty barrels and lose my stuff.

I've gotten scared out of the idea of storing items in one place for too long because some game - and I can't remember which - had a function where items would be deleted after a period of in-game time. And I was scared of that. So every game I play I make sure to find out (either from the game's manual or from people on the net) if my hoard won't be erased.

Also I enjoyed Sean's story too. But it made me die inside.

Congrats! Just watched the videos as well. Wished Chris would have played Space Asshole anyway.

What it lacked in Space Asshole it more than made up for in Puffins songs.

easiest is a stream downloader plugin for firefox for example. That's how I got mine as I'll watch these at a later point so I wanted to save these to my archives for later viewing.

Awesome, thanks all. I will consider these Idle Thumb Videocasts.

Hmmph, those links aren't working. Can anyone recommend a good stream downloader plugin for Chrome?

EDIT: this seems to have worked for me.

Edited by Ben X

To download, just follow these steps:

1. Click here:

http://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs/b/312434787

Wait for the video to begin. Close the tab.

2. Click here:

http://www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs/b/312443712

Wait for the video to begin. Close the tab.

3. Right click download:

http://media11.justin.tv/archives/2012-3-22/live_user_idlethumbs_1332379145.flv

4. Right click download:

http://media17.justin.tv/archives/2012-3-22/live_user_idlethumbs_1332381510.flv

View the downloaded .flv files in VLC PLAYER.

Done.

Cross-posting from the Kickstarter page because I'll be out of the country for awhile starting tomorrow:

I don't mean to ask you guys to deal with shitty customer service related issues. But what happens if some idiot selected the wrong rewards tier?

I did it, I selected the tier below what I pledged and paid for, and I feel dumb (and I want the sweet sweet rewards of the tier which I paid for but didn't select). But I have an excuse. I'm seriously, literally, leaving for Africa tomorrow. I have anti-malaria pills in a backpack, a backpack that is currently sitting at my feet. Last week I was a little sleep deprived preparing for this week, and was a moron and selected the wrong thing at the last second.

I contacted Kickstarter and they told me to ask you guys directly. I sent you guys a message on kickstarter with the details last week.

If you can help, thanks. If not, I accept the consequences caused by my flawed non-cyborg-ed human body.

I'm seriously, literally, leaving for Africa tomorrow. I have anti-malaria pills in a backpack, a backpack that is currently sitting at my feet.

Watch out for rolling grenades!

Cross-posting from the Kickstarter page because I'll be out of the country for awhile starting tomorrow:

I don't mean to ask you guys to deal with shitty customer service related issues. But what happens if some idiot selected the wrong rewards tier?

I did it, I selected the tier below what I pledged and paid for, and I feel dumb (and I want the sweet sweet rewards of the tier which I paid for but didn't select). But I have an excuse. I'm seriously, literally, leaving for Africa tomorrow. I have anti-malaria pills in a backpack, a backpack that is currently sitting at my feet. Last week I was a little sleep deprived preparing for this week, and was a moron and selected the wrong thing at the last second.

I contacted Kickstarter and they told me to ask you guys directly. I sent you guys a message on kickstarter with the details last week.

If you can help, thanks. If not, I accept the consequences caused by my flawed non-cyborg-ed human body.

If you wrote us we'll make sure you get the right tier of stuff. There are a few funky edge cases like yours and its not a big deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I pledged $5 and accidentally didn't click on the Uber-Buddy package. Can you fix that for me, please, Jake?