Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

Nickcast was confusing. Nick really sounded a lot like Nick, couldn't keep them apart.

Too bad it wasn't mixed in stereo.

Last week I saw Weekend at Bernie's for the first time. The film rests on a single joke that surprisingly kind of stays funny all throughout!

Last week I saw Weekend at Bernie's for the first time. The film rests on a single joke that surprisingly kind of stays funny all throughout!

it looks like you are due a screening of weekend at bernies two then. :D

The thing about Weekend at Bernie's is that it isn't known in Europe at all. So I never heard of it, until I went to Los Angeles for three months and I came across it all the time in screenplays I read! Characters would be making references to Weekend at Bernie's at the weirdest places. People at fictitious weddings were doing the 'Weekend at Bernie's dance'. The darndest thing. So I resolved to get to the bottom of it, but only got around to watching the movie last week.

Turns out the dance is from the sequel.

I've never seen Weekend at Bernie's or its sequel

No one can deny Breckoncast would have been superior in stereo.

The thing about Weekend at Bernie's is that it isn't known in Europe at all. So I never heard of it, until I went to Los Angeles for three months and I came across it all the time in screenplays I read! Characters would be making references to Weekend at Bernie's at the weirdest places. People at fictitious weddings were doing the 'Weekend at Bernie's dance'. The darndest thing. So I resolved to get to the bottom of it, but only got around to watching the movie last week.

Turns out the dance is from the sequel.

I don't think that's quite fair. Pretty much all the people I know have heard of it, and my Russian mother loves it.

The thing about Weekend at Bernie's is that it isn't known in Europe at all.

Well, it's known here in the UK. It's not exactly well regarded or anything, though.

Also noteworthly: Apparently donating a shit-ton of money and then making a small request that would require little or no effort from the podcasters is an invitation for abuse.

Apparently donating a shit-ton of money and then making a small request that would require little or no effort from the podcasters is an invitation for abuse.

D890

Also noteworthly: Apparently donating a shit-ton of money and then making a small request that would require little or no effort from the podcasters is an invitation for abuse.
Nah, it was only $30!

Hey, I know I certainly didn't mean to come across as abusive - and we are incredibly grateful all of the support. I keep saying my mind is blown because I don't know any other cliche thing to say.

The thing about Weekend at Bernie's is that it isn't known in Europe at all. So I never heard of it, until I went to Los Angeles for three months and I came across it all the time in screenplays I read!

I've seen Weekend at Bernie's years ago (early/mid 90s) on Dutch TV, and the sequel too. I can still remember the opening scene were those two guys are on top of the office building in a kiddie pool, and when they want to walk away the tar of the roof sticks to their shoes because of the heat.

But what's with the sudden reference to WaB? Nick is Bernie? Will there be a Weekend at Nick's?

But what's with the sudden reference to WaB? Nick is Bernie? Will there be a Weekend at Nick's?

Nickcast was confusing. Nick really sounded a lot like Nick, couldn't keep them apart.
Too bad it wasn't mixed in stereo.
weekend-at-bernie-cover.jpg

(If you're still confused I cannot help you.)

(While I did donate and I do kind of think the stereo-idea is interesting I in no way, shape and/or form request anything from anyone. But I want my postcard. And several podcasts. Good podcast. I mean, great ones. What, 120.000$ bought me a string of bad jokes and 30 minutes of silly ramblings? Oh, okay, good, go on.)

I've never seen Weekend At Bernie's, and I still managed to get a reference into TGP!

Hey, I know I certainly didn't mean to come across as abusive - and we are incredibly grateful all of the support. I keep saying my mind is blown because I don't know any other cliche thing to say.

Oh! I didn't mean you! Maybe a few of the responses were more heated than necessary.

Oh! I didn't mean you! Maybe a few of the responses were more heated than necessary.

You're like some kind of aural Mussolini, brkl. I mean really.

No not really.

Re: Breckoncast, I just couldn't get through it. I'm not sure what made me recoil in abject confusion, but I had to shut it off.

Definitely. I don't listen to the podcast on earbuds, so it's not that important to me, but if the following is correct ...

• It makes it easier to discern overlapping voices
  • It doesn't detract from the audio quality (It's a subtle shift)
  • It's not a complex thing to mix (Adjusting the balance on two tracks)
  • It doesn't double the file size (I'm pretty sure most MP3 encoders supports joint stereo)

... I think they could at least give it a shot and see how it turns out. In fact, the progresscasts would be perfect for that kind of experimentation!

I think Weekend at Bernie's was shown back in the day on TV in my country, but it's referenced enough to know what it's about without having to watch the movie.