Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

How the hell do you spend $100,000 on a podcast? :mock:

Look, it can't be cheap getting Jeff Goldblum to do a guest appearance.

I'd forgotten that Kickstarter was the website with the little scissors at the bottom.

Klick them.

This is now less than $5K away from passing Venus Patrol.

And about $10K away from passing Venus Patrol + Kill Screen combined. I was actually surprised looking back and seeing Kill Screen's goal was so small (I didn't back it myself, probably didn't even have an account then). I guess it was early in Kickstarter history and people didn't trust the system that much then.

You make n casts, spending USD (100000 - C)/n on each, where C is whatever fixed costs they incur, or something like that. I think spending the exact same amount of money on each cast will give them some much-needed continuity.

Congratulations, gentlemen. Another $100k and you can persuade Greg Kasavin to legally change his name to "Games" for a whole year.

Apparently Sean Vanaman is married now. I think as a wedding gift people should pitch in the closing amount of dollars needed to get Jake on that commute ride.

And congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Famous Vanamam. Boy, what an exciting time for the Thumbs crew.

Thanks!

This Kickstarter really has surpassed any expectations we could've ever had. We thought we would hit 30 if we really pushed for four weeks. Now that we're here, we are a little bewildered. But, after about five looping minutes of saying HOLY SHIT to each other, we've sobered up and realized you guys have given us the freedom to do some really special stuff in the coming months and years.

In an original cut of the KS video we said something like "we think we can make thumbs as big and as special as our readers will let us," and that rings true one week into this thing. The word "grateful" barely describes how we feel about the support you guys have given us; now our mission is to make sure you feel like you've invested in something remarkable. THANKS!

Edited by Vanaman

Thanks!

This Kickstarter really has surpassed any expectations we could've ever had. We thought we would hit 30 if we really pushed for four weeks. Now that we're here, we are a little bewildered. But, after about five looping minutes of saying HOLY SHIT to each other, we've sobered up and realized you guys have given us the freedom to do some really special stuff in the coming months and years.

In an original cut of the KS video we said something like "we think we can make thumbs as big and as special as our readers will let us," and that's a sentiment that's rings even truer now. The word "grateful" barely hints at how we feel about the support you guys have given us; our mission is to make sure you feel like you've invested in something remarkable. THANKS!

I imagined this coming from Adam West's Batman.

Also, the last progcast was really awesome!

Liquor Cast needs to be a thing.

How much does a plane ticket from one coast to the other cost? Get Nick back!!

Surely you meant "get back at Nick"?

So... $100,000. Is Jake ready for his commute with "poetfox"?

@poetfox if we hit 100k we will send jake to ride with you on your commute.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Vanaman DESPITE THE SOCKLESSNESS.

All the wedding gifts were pairs of black men's dress socks

I didn't realize there were ethnically-targeted socks.

This is now less than $5K away from passing Venus Patrol.

I was so gutted to miss that, not least because Saltsman's CAPSULE sounds fucking awesome. :getmecoat

Also: McCast

Also also: Macaques

macaques.jpg

...aaanyway.

Edited by Wrestlevania

Always a bad idea.

Yeah, man. Even the "Progresscast: The Second One" where we had two glasses of champagne EACH and were drunk with power/exhaustion started to wonder into a un-entertaining place.

I will talk about delicious liquor ON the cast but we've found that booze and pods make fickle bedfellows. You usually end up with a headache and a mistake.

The more you know

I will talk about delicious liquor ON the cast but we've found that booze and pods make fickle bedfellows. You usually end up with a headache and a mistake.

This was actually what I meant. Not a drunk podcast, but a podcast about liquor, and the variations there-in. Basically Veinhandler the Podcast. (Though I suppose we already had that.)

Alternatively, your favorite liquors, go.

This was actually what I meant. Not a drunk podcast, but a podcast about liquor, and the variations there-in. Basically Veinhandler the Podcast. (Though I suppose we already had that.)

Alternatively, your favorite liquors, go.

Spite Orv by doing a beer podcast, I know you want to!

How much does a plane ticket from one coast to the other cost? Get Nick back!!

I'm glad someone eventually said this, though it just goes to show that people have other priorities in mind that top Nick Breckon. ;(

But not me. I saw that question of what to do with extra money and my first thought was getting Nick in for recording!

Edit - The phrase "Won't somebody think of the Nicks out there?" comes to mind. Followed by "Congrats Nick."