Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

Good news indeed. I will be pledging a good 200 dollars towards this. I really want one of those Wizard inspired T-Shirts.

You've even got me excited about this book club thing, how long does it take to read a book anyways? What's the first book?

Two hundred and ten shiny Jeff GoldBucks pledged. Thank you, gentlemen, for turning Monday into a Funday.

That's great. Expect my money as soon as I find my Amazon password.

Btw, is there any other way to get the EP.(I realy don't want to rob someone)

HOLY SHIT

This news was good enough to actually make me post a thing.

I am so excited.

EDIT: Oh man, I am so tempted to drop $200 for both prints and the second shirt... but I don't know if I can justify paying that much since I have no use for the record and that seems to be the main point of value at the $200 level (besides the prints). And $200 is a lot of money.

I may do it anyway! It will be irresponsible of me but damn I like thumbs.

Edited by DIUM

Man, gone away for a couple days and this happens. I need to subscribe to your newsletter.

Gravity Bone is one of my favourite things ever and so is Idle Thumbs podcast, so you have my support.

Mildly amused at how quickly people commented on the first progresscast to complain that it wasn't immediately available in a downloadable version.

Really? I can download it just fine. The file name is: video-80274-h264_high.mp4

Hey wow that was quick. Congrats!

It feels so much easier to give people money on kickstarter than on other sites. Humble bundles too. I'd like to see how many people use amazon payments for these, it is very handy.

Nice set of rewards. That blendo game. Tshirts, shitty wizard prints, wow - just nice.

Also, puffins.

Amazing news, I'm so happy the cast is coming back and it already met it's goals and more! I went ahead and pledged anyway because you guys really deserve it.

Really? I can download it just fine. The file name is: video-80274-h264_high.mp4

YOU HAVE REVEALED THE SECRET

You've even got me excited about this book club thing, how long does it take to read a book anyways? What's the first book?

Given Chris' reading history, this one will change month to month. I don't expect, for example, many would be able to finish something like Infinite Jest in a month.

In honour of the occasion, I started playing Far Cry 2 again, this time on the PC. It's glorious.

Don't worry, I can always sell my plasma.

How terrible is it that until I read Tanukitsune's comment, I assumed you meant a television?

Anyway, congratulations, guys. Enjoy my money!

Given Chris' reading history, this one will change month to month. I don't expect, for example, many would be able to finish something like Infinite Jest in a month.

I've been recently reading bricks mostly. It took me 4 months to read Cryptonomicon. But then less than a month to read A Dance with Dragons. However, I enjoyed Cryptonomicon quite a bit more. Anyway, given my lack of e-book reader and the time it takes to order a physical book, I doubt I'll participate in the book club.

After listening to the first progress cast I am super excited for the return of Thumbs! A really sweet Kickstarter to boot.

Yeah, I really can't be bothered to fish through the embedded flash/html to extract the file, then convert it to a format fit for my MP3 player of choice. I suppose I could find a program that does that as well, but I'd rather it just, you know, appear on my mobile device and I press play.

I mean, it's cool that they want these updates to be exclusive to those of us who pledged, but I would much rather the convenience.

Edited by Hero Protagonist

When I found out about this, it was already over $75,000. Regardless, I pledged $60 despite being unemployed to get one of those sweet new t-shirts shipped to Canada.

Since we've passed the 77K dollar mark I though it would be nice to celebrate with some pictures I took some of (tufted) puffins in the Central Park Zoo this summer!

puffin01.jpg

puffin02.jpg

puffin03.jpg

The sperm floor rises once again!

I just found out about this as well and i'm down for $60. :tup:

"Tired of that glowing "N" up in the corner? Change it to our hypercool spinning basketball.

Unfortunately, this only works on a Macintosh running Netscape; sorry, Windows users.

Click the basketball above to download a small file containing the new icon resource.

Installing it is simple:

Using ResEdit (which you can download from Apple if you don't have it), open up the Basketball Icon file and a copy of Netscape.

Click on the "cicn" resource of the Basketball Icon file. Copy it with Command-C.

Click on the "cicn" resource of Netscape. Select Paste with Command-V.

A dialogue box will appear, asking if you want to replace resources with the same ID number. Click "yes".

Save Netscape.

Quit ResEdit, and run your new version of Netscape.

Note: This will only work if you set "Show Toolbar As" to "Pictures and Text" under Netscape's General Preferences.

Enjoy your new icon!"

Donate now to hear this read out loud by Jake.