Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

So, we've been planning this for a while!

Idle Thumbs has a Kickstarter campaign!

Please back it!

We've wanted to bring back Thumbs for a while but it wasn't super feasible with half of us on the other side of the country, etc. When Chris came back to SF, three of us (Chris, Sean, and me) thought it was time to give Idle Thumbs a shot as a more proper thing.

We want to bring back the weekly cast, but also to branch out to do more with Thumbs than we've done before. We want to expand out to do multiple podcasts, including a dedicated book club cast, we want to make goodies and merch and stuff, and we want to really go crazy with the site.

We also want a recording space. It's something we (and probably you) took for granted, but having a standing studio always ready in Chris's old apartment was a huge contributor to both the audio quality of the cast, and to us keeping a weekly schedule and being able to meet up and do GDC blasts like we did in 2009. Having a tiny office where we can keep our equipment set up, and fill to the brim with weird t-shirts and crap will be HUGE!

So, we're asking for your help. We have crazy rewards lined up. Fucking BLENDO GAMES IS MAKING A GRAVITY BONE SEQUEL FOR IDLE THUMBS BACKERS. Ridiculous! Also we have art for you guys from Graham Annable (of Puzzle Agent) and Vincent Perea (of PB Winterbottom), a VINYL EP, a GOLD WIZARD T-SHRIT and a bunch of other stuff. It's pretty crazy.

We're excited about this thing and also nervous as hell.... but at least you know what all the teasing and site redesigning/cleanup, etc, was all about. Thanks for your help, whether it's backing the cast or just posting about it online and telling friends, it's HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!

I should probably be ashamed at how amazingly excited and happy I am for the possibility of a podcast. Best wishes!

Awesome! :tup: Very excited.

We're excited about this thing and also nervous as hell....

Looking at the rate contributions are coming in, I don't think you have to be nervous, if you were nervous about whether you'll meet the goal :)

If I wasn't between jobs, you guys would have a portion of my money for this. Easily.

But all I can do is link this around to people I know were fans of the podcast and convince them to give money instead.

This is the greatest idea ever. I'm poor as dirt right now but I'm going to find a way to donate 20 or 30 to the cause

You can have some of my money, any time, but not every day! :tup:

Do you have previews of the two art pieces on offer?

VINCENT PEREA DRAWS SPACE: A distant nebula. A craggy Marsianscape. Nothing is as picturesque as space in the springtime. Receive a high quality print, suitable for framing from Vincent Perea, the artist behind The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Where's My Water?, and more.

GRAHAM ANNABLE'S SHITTY WIZARD: High quality set of four small frameable prints of a shitty wizard (see Idle Thumbs episode 50) from Graham Annable, the artist behind Grickle, Puzzle Agent, and more.

I shocked myself with how giddy I became reading this. Totally made my day. You guys can have all the money I can spare.

My husband is going to kill me when he finds out how much I pledged

I'm probably more excited than any normal person should be over a podcast.

Pledged, now I should get some weird sense of entitlement, right?

Very excited for the book club podcast too!

Also, you should offer Phaedrus-voicemails as a reward.

Anyone who's low on funds currently, keep in mind that your credit card will be charged on March 21 rather than when you pledge. As a result, I'm going to (sanely) pledge $100 right now and possibly up it to $200 if I lose my mind (read: continue to have a job) in the next 30 days.

My husband is going to kill me when he finds out how much I pledged

Don't worry, I can always sell my plasma.

Anyone who's low on funds currently, keep in mind that your credit card will be charged on March 21 rather than when you pledge. As a result, I'm going to (sanely) pledge $100 right now and possibly up it to $200 if I lose my mind (read: continue to have a job) in the next 30 days.

You, sir, have provided me an out. Or, in. Whichever. Point is, if this job interview I'm going to in a few minutes is successful, I'm gonna put some money in.

Though, the damn thing is at $27k already. By the time I get home it's gonna be past the goal. :tup:

Edit - And just a couple moments later, $28k.

Don't worry, I can always sell my plasma.

we could have a child and then sell it

I think I'm going to have sell some of my plasma too to make a pledge, I'm so tempted to pledge enough for a print. ;(