toblix

The Walking Dead

EDIT: Oh man what happened to Black bar spoilers? This makes my post way more hilariously awkward to read though.

Hey mods! Can we please title the thread "The Walking Dead UNMARKED SPOILERS INSIDE" or something like that so that reading posts isn't so ridiculous?

I'd rather not, Feste. I like that I can gather impressions of an episode by reading the posts in here without having the episode spoiled for me.

Also that post is hilarious to look at.

But also fix black bar spoilers, which are superior. They are enticing.

The proper spoiiler tag got blown away at some point and was never replaced. I'll look into it.

So! Readers from the UK will probably be the only ones to get this, but I HAVE DISCOVERED THE INSPIRATION FOR ANDY ST JOHN*.

post-8532-0-65452200-1347666334_thumb.jpg

(* I have not discovered anything.)

p.s. i just finished ep3 and so good.

Poor Doug. I toyed with the idea of rewinding to see if I could save him somehow but felt that would spoil the spirit of the thing so instead I left Lilly by the road. Then felt guilty for the rest of the episode.

I liked episode 3. The only disappointment for me was when Clem responded to the reveal about Lee's past as if it were new information that he had kept from her, when in my game, he told her about it already (back in the pharmacy, I believe).

The game is usually great about respecting your choices (even if it's kind of superficial some of the time), but it was a very discordant moment to have it simply rewrite history on me.

I liked episode 3. The only disappointment for me was when Clem responded to the reveal about Lee's past as if it were new information that he had kept from her, when in my game, he told her about it already (back in the pharmacy, I believe).

The game is usually great about respecting your choices (even if it's kind of superficial some of the time), but it was a very discordant moment to have it simply rewrite history on me.

That's strange. I could've sworn there was a bit where she goes "Oh...that's what happened," because Lee is unable to muster the exact words about his past in terms of Ep1, so Ep3 is supposed to confirm Clementine's suspicions/worries. Did you tell her in the motor inn or did she find out later in the RV?

Troubling nevertheless. Either I failed or programming failed and both stinks.

I wish I could remember more clearly. What I do recall is a conversation about killing wherein Lee said that he had killed before. Clementine asked if it was a walker/zombie type person, and Lee said no, it wasn't, it was just a regular person. I'm picturing it in the back room of the pharmacy, though I could be wrong.

It wasn't very specific, but she did know that he had living human blood on his hands.

As for the conversation in 3, I could swear there was a bit where she was upset that he didn't tell her. Lee was saying something in response to that and I was shouting at the TV that she knew already. I can rewind and see exactly how it went down, but I won't have the chance until next week.

Very late to the game but I just bought Walking Dead Episode 1 since I was at home sick today. Just finished it a couple hours ago and holy fuck is this awesome. Well yeah. I'm so onboard with this game. I am playing it on the 360 and I really enjoyed it. The only problem is that I don't have any more Xbox Live points so I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up a card (I don't use my credit card due to a previous hacking issue). But man. Love it. Just wanted to express my happiness at how much fun and how well put together this is.

I just burned through Episode 2 and 3 the last couple days so I could be ready for Episode 4's release tomorrow! Overall I'm really enjoying my time with these games though there are a couple annoying hitches and glitching out when playing that sometimes make me restart from my last checkpoint/save. Namely in episode 3 when:

We were on the train right after Duck and Katjaa died and when I exited the main train the world basically pulled back and I broke through the game world floor and was looking at the train from below the game world. I had to restart and it happened twice for some reason.

Also a couple times character models completely disappeared in the scenes. And it sometimes takes an extra second transitioning from a dialogue choice to a panic event so I have only a second or two to react. I also wish there were a few more options when talking with Ben because basically they all come off very pissed off and I tend to be a bit more pragmatic.

ON a side note, I tend to play pretty truthfully to myself and am not restarting if I felt I picked a "wrong" choice in my view. Can't wait to play Episode 4.

Other Episode thoughts:

With my play style in mind, I did shoot the woman at the beginning because I'm in the mindset that I want to maintain some semblance of humanity which is also why I said to Clementine later that killing all people is bad no matter what. I didn't take the food at the end of episode 2. I'm basically a big softy I guess. I'm a little surprised the breakdown of leaving Lilly by the side of the road actually has more people bringing her with. I left her behind. It was a gut check moment but in the moment I didn't think any other way.

I just burned through Episode 2 and 3 the last couple days so I could be ready for Episode 4's release tomorrow! Overall I'm really enjoying my time with these games though there are a couple annoying hitches and glitching out when playing that sometimes make me restart from my last checkpoint/save. Namely in episode 3 when:

We were on the train right after Duck and Katjaa died and when I exited the main train the world basically pulled back and I broke through the game world floor and was looking at the train from below the game world. I had to restart and it happened twice for some reason.

Also a couple times character models completely disappeared in the scenes. And it sometimes takes an extra second transitioning from a dialogue choice to a panic event so I have only a second or two to react. I also wish there were a few more options when talking with Ben because basically they all come off very pissed off and I tend to be a bit more pragmatic.

ON a side note, I tend to play pretty truthfully to myself and am not restarting if I felt I picked a "wrong" choice in my view. Can't wait to play Episode 4.

Other Episode thoughts:

With my play style in mind, I did shoot the woman at the beginning because I'm in the mindset that I want to maintain some semblance of humanity which is also why I said to Clementine later that killing all people is bad no matter what. I didn't take the food at the end of episode 2. I'm basically a big softy I guess. I'm a little surprised the breakdown of leaving Lilly by the side of the road actually has more people bringing her with. I left her behind. It was a gut check moment but in the moment I didn't think any other way.

In regards to your second spoiler:

I took her with me because I was in shock and genuinely didn't know what to do. I figured that taking her with me would give me more time to decide her fate.

EDIT: Went to play Episode 4. Hit by the 'Do you want us to generate random things for episodes you've missed?" bug. Now trying to do the fix. Bummed.

I finally played episode three a few days ago: Regarding BIG SHIT:

Fuck Lilly. I liked Carly. ):

If you have Doug, instead, does she kill him?

I probably won't get around to episode four until next week. ):

Other Episode thoughts:

I also feel that maintaining Clem's humanity is of huge importance, but looking back I've done a lot of inhumane things in the interest of keeping her safe and well-fed. If there was a chapter where Lee was acting without any possibility of Clem finding out, I think my ethical standards could possibly drop like a rock. I feel like the writing is so good in this game that I have to hold up my end of the bargain. If it were almost any other game I would have no problem walking into a bandit camp and wasting everyone or pickpocketing every NPC if I were permitted to do so.

Fuck Lilly. I liked Carly. ):

If you have Doug, instead, does she kill him?

I believe Lilly accuses Ben of taking the drugs, and when she aims the gun at him Doug dives infront of Ben to save him and gets shot in the back of the head. Proof that too much humanity will probably get you killed in this game.

So, episode 4. Most intense episode yet; especially the last half goes by like this: woosh! I had this weird thing at the end on the screen that shows you all the decisions with percentages for each one, I just got placeholder labels like Decision 2:3, so I don't even know what the major decisions were (though I can probably guess at most of them.) Any way to go back and see those stats after completing the episode?

So, episode 4. Most intense episode yet; especially the last half goes by like this: woosh! I had this weird thing at the end on the screen that shows you all the decisions with percentages for each one, I just got placeholder labels like Decision 2:3, so I don't even know what the major decisions were (though I can probably guess at most of them.) Any way to go back and see those stats after completing the episode?

Weird, which platform did you play on? Mine displayed everything as normal (PC through Steam). As for seeing that stuff again...dunno, is the last checkpoint still selectable? If not, don't think so.

I had this weird thing at the end on the screen that shows you all the decisions with percentages for each one, I just got placeholder labels like Decision 2:3, so I don't even know what the major decisions were (though I can probably guess at most of them.) Any way to go back and see those stats after completing the episode?

I had this problem as well, playing the steam version. I think I need to collect my thought some before I say anything about the actual episode.

I played it on Steam. Also, I just remembered Steam did some new, magic thing to the game data when I started it. It converted it to a more «efficient» format or something. That probably isn't what caused the bug, but it was still interesting. Anyone else see that? Know what it's about?

I'll say this about Episode 4.

Fuck Kenny. I've been somewhat pragmatic as the game went on and I assume me saving Ben tipped me over on to his bad side but I am slightly annoyed that by and large I've had his back and whatever culmination of choices has made him not help me in the end.

This game has a way of throwing a charater under the bus right when I've been remarking to my S/O how much I like that character.

I guessed pretty easily what happened to Molly, and when she wanted to leave I encouraged her. Everyone's going to die, but I don't have to watch and feel horrible and she'll probably do better without us. But then, we were waiting for Clem to leave. And I told her I was sorry about her parents as a kneejerk reaction and then I was like "WHY DIDN'T I HUG HER? I'M A MONSTER." But then when it was time to pick up the walkie talkie I told my S/O that I was afraid there would be a zombie in the trash but that it would probably just initiate a QTE so I would be juuuuuust fine... and then I screamed. And then Lee took care of business. And then my S/O complimented Lee's effeciency. And then I noticed my wrist and we were just... horrified.

To me the best and worst part of the game is that I really like Lee. I'm an artist/bartender and I love intelligent patrons. I bet Lee's a good tipper, even. I would make him an Old Fashioned and ask him why specifically he chose American History, because I've always been more taken with European History. Don't die, Lee. I love you.

I think it was dirty pool for Idle Thumbs to have that 'countdown to tears' when they were basically secretly sitting on weeping plutonium. It's them, they are the tear-jerkers.

I agree with the overall "Fuck Kenny" sentiment

I was planning on killing Ben because he was a liability, and then when Clem said she liked him I tried to postpone the whole ordeal. I tried to save him and then when it gave me the option to let him fall I let him fall. He was going to go out sometime, and I thought the fall would kill him. ...sorry, Ben. And then fucking Kenny? Right in front of Clementine he says that I "did what had to be done." She's not stupid, Kenny. God dammit, Kenny. On the other hand, Kenny is the only one I brought with me because I figure we're both dudes with nothing left to lose at this point. If someone needs to shoot me in the head... good old Kenny will do it.

I had this weird thing at the end on the screen that shows you all the decisions with percentages for each one, I just got placeholder labels like Decision 2:3, so I don't even know what the major decisions were (though I can probably guess at most of them.)

Happened to me on Steam as well. Just as I was celebrating the game finally not breaking immersion and spoiling what it considers major decisions, I was hit by a *second* screen of fourth wall metastatistics.