toblix

The Walking Dead

I think so, yeah. I think your first playthrough should be completely instinctual, and your second more calculated and aiming to explore the gamey-ness of it.

That being said, if you're showing your gf the game, then I'd save the game-exploration stuff until the third playthrough or something. Just go with the flow when you're showing people.

Yeah, that makes sense. Although, I'll naturally listen when she has input. I wonder who she'll want to save.

Yeah, that makes sense. Although, I'll naturally listen when she has input. I wonder who she'll want to save.

I wonder if you'll have time to hear her reaction and react accordingly. :P I did enjoy how quickly you have to make some of those decisions, it made me really feel like

'OSHITWTFIDONTKNOWSHEHASAGUNBUTHESKINDAANICEGUYandactuallysheskindahotidontknowmaybesomethingsgonnahappenthere...'

The demo didn't really enlighten me but 1) it's Jake's and Sean's game and 2)some friends told me they were impressed with the writing - so i'm going to risk it :)

Question is: PS3, Xbox or PC ?

PC if you have a good gamepad. Otherwise I don't know. These games (everything after Sam & Max Season 3) control much better with a gamepad IMO. I don't mean that they are bad with a mouse and keyboard, though.

The demo didn't really enlighten me but 1) it's Jake's and Sean's game and 2)some friends told me they were impressed with the writing - so i'm going to risk it :)

Question is: PS3, Xbox or PC ?

I got it on Steam, initially tried with my wireless controller, but quickly swapped back to mouse and keyboard. With the controller, the analogue lateral sensitivity seemed to be greater than vertical, made moving the reticule around odd. Mouse and Keyboard is the way to go.

Loved the first chapter. My first Tell Tale Game yay.

I have not read the comics, have yet to see an episode of the show. Didn't even look up a video of the game. I picked it up based on the positive buzz that has been surrounding it, a couple nice screenshots (on steam), and the fact that I've been meaning to play a TTG adventure game for a while now (hard not to with two of you working there, and on this title in particular).

First of all, I have a niece that is a pretty good fit for Clementine. So I fucking hate you guys for doing that to me. Post chapter.. I flipped through the chapter selection screen looking for her, looks like she survives until chapter 5. If you fucking kill her I will not.. be a happy camper. That said, the game had me by the balls from the point I teamed up with Clementine. I had no clue going into this game that there even was a kid in this game. No clue. It instantly became a save-my-niece-from-zombies game so I was emotionally invested 200%. It's not even funny. I was checking on her all the time, maybe even bit to much, to the point where I started to wonder if you tracked that, and would penalize me for being overprotective and paranoid. So I started just doing walk-byes to make sure she was all right

while trying to figure out how to get into the back room (for nitro) without first rescuing pizza guy. Which also wasn't cool. I had an uncle who had/used nitro for his angina. So even if the guy was a fucking jerk, I was pretty concerned about getting him his nitro ASAP. So between keeping my niece safe, and getting nitro for the guy, saving Short Stop from some zombies at the Motel, was at the bottom of my things to do.

Watching Clementine slowly walk towards the toilets out back, where the obvious was going to happen, was horrible. Fuck you guys. I was so focused on looking for the interrupt option during the fast pace dialogue section that I literally missed out on the bulk of what was being said. All my dialogue choices in that event were all selected at the last second after not finding a call-her-back-to-me option.

The only thing that came up that knocked me out of the zone was

Carley admitting she doesn't even know what a fucking AA battery looks like!? Seriously? Not noticing there were no batteries in the radio is okay, that shit happens to everybody, but not knowing what a battery is.. that's a fucking stretch. "i wouldn't know what to look for" I think was her line. You kidding me? They are the things you put into your TV remote, your toothbrush, your vibrator... you stupid cunt. SAVE DOUG! is the only option. No way I'm trusting her with that gun, and my "secret" past any longer than I have to. Now I just need to find a way to get Captain Cardiac to do some late night perimeter patrols, and I'll be in a better place.

Also.. as pointless as it may be, I really liked the post game stats. Apparently I'm prone to minority decision making... not sure what that makes me.

Good thing you don't also have a relative who got bitten by a zombie, AteBit, you'd barely be able to play the game.

They are the things you put into your TV remote, your toothbrush, your vibrator... you stupid cunt.

Post of the year, guaranteed. It gets my vote anyway. Best.

I was honestly worried that the old guy would die if I left to rescue what's-his-name first. Then I figured I couldn't actually save the old guy first. But it seemed like he couldn't survive without the nitro!

Completed it, and thought it was very good. Definitely the most impressive thing I've seen from Telltale in terms of technology and design. It felt very modern – which is probably a stupid word for it – in that there was more focus on the cinematics and dialogue, and almost no classic rope-and-bucket puzzles, and also that there's stuff in there I wonder if will have an effect later on, like the energy bars and the radio (

I never found that second battery

.) Obviously they're able to let any number of variables carry over from game to game, but I have to imagine they want the number as low as possible in order to be able to control the branching.

For the next games, I wish for:

• Higher quality voice audio.
  • Bigger hot spots.
  • Less hilariously titled Steam achievements that pop up at the most inopportune moments and ruin everything.

I have never really liked adventure games, and bought The Walking Dead based on my love of the show alone. I was immediately sucked in. I am very much looking forward to playing the upcoming installments, keep up the great work.

I haven't really done much gaming in the past year or so and just happened to see this. I ended up buying it on a console for some reason.

I haven't played a telltale game since the first ep. of sam n' max, however, I've been eyeing back to the future.

This was the best game I've played in a great while. Because I've been out of the loop for so long, I assumed all the episodes had already been released. I can't describe how pissed off I was when I realized the first one had just been released (after I finished the first episode)

I loved the choose-your-own adventure style, I hope some of these early decisions carry over well into the series. I can see replaying it from start to finish once all are out. It's certainly one of the most emotionally engaging games I've ever played.

I just wish I knew when the next ep. was coming out.

I just wish I knew when the next ep. was coming out.

Well, if you convert the text A New Day to ASCII, the international system of codes, you get 41 20 4e 65 77 20 44 61 79 (or 65 32 78 101 119 32 68 97 121, decoded). If you add all those numbers together (aka sum, or Σ (the Greek letter Sigma, a common symbol for the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND (aka. The INTERNATINONAL MASONIC LODGE AKA THE FREEMASONS) you get 49801482193182720. A seemingly normal number....

E_Star_Goathead_Pent3.gif

........until you add the numbers generated by taking every other digit like this: 481813870+90429122=572242992

THE SECRET IS OUT, THEH CANNOT KEEP IT HIDDEN FOREVER.

Well, if you convert the text A New Day to ASCII, the international system of codes, you get 41 20 4e 65 77 20 44 61 79 (or 65 32 78 101 119 32 68 97 121, decoded). If you add all those numbers together (aka sum, or Σ (the Greek letter Sigma, a common symbol for the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND (aka. The INTERNATINONAL MASONIC LODGE AKA THE FREEMASONS) you get 49801482193182720. A seemingly normal number....

E_Star_Goathead_Pent3.gif

........until you add the numbers generated by taking every other digit like this: 481813870+90429122=572242992

THE SECRET IS OUT, THEH CANNOT KEEP IT HIDDEN FOREVER.

These ARGs are getting out of hand!

This might very well be the biggest and most successful project for Telltale so far? I don't remember hearing this big numbers from even Sam & Max?

I wonder did the numbers came mostly from which platform and how many of these were season purchases and how many episode purchases?

Congrats to Sean and Jake & the team!

I hope someday in the future Sean and Jake will make an original ip game series for Telltale, but Telltale as a company still isn't ready to take the leap of faith away from licensed properties.

SO WHEN IS THE NEXT EPISODE OUT

Yeah gorram it, Sean and Jake are not working hard enough. Clearly they're pooling their million Walking Dead copies sold money with their $130,000 Idle Thumbs Kickstarter money and just burning it all on hookers and blow.

Get it together, guys!

No but really that's pretty cool, congrats boys. I still feel totally unjustifiably proud of you both.

"June" is what the end of that trailer declares.

And yeah WD is Telltale's best-selling thing I'm pretty sure. Before that was BTTF, before that was Tales of MI, and before that was Devil's Playhouse, if I'm not mistaken.

And yeah WD is Telltale's best-selling thing I'm pretty sure. Before that was BTTF, before that was Tales of MI, and before that was Devil's Playhouse, if I'm not mistaken.

But that means it could still be over a month away! Lame.

"Trailer declares 'June,'" declares Telltale Games!

Wasn't Tales before Season 3?

Finally bought it, hope I find some time to play this week. Already forgot the spoilers.

Got to play through this yesterday. Great job, guys. Just superb. Everything fit together so well. I definitely liked it more than the show, perhaps like it more than the books.

I love how the "___ will remember that" mechanic extends even to things that you may not have entire control over like

if you don't tell Clem to pee her pants like an animal so she goes and gets attacked and you're too far away to save her.

I was immediately overcome with guilt like I had somehow failed even though, thinking back, I'm not sure I couldn't have done anything differently. That feeling seems perfectly suited to the universe!

Amazing job!

Really liked the game. I had some minor quibbles but they were so minor that I already forgot what they were.

It's brave to force the player to make some really tough choices. Don't know any recent games besides The Witcher series that did similar (and maybe Mass Effect or Dragon Age less so). Will be interesting to see how those choices affect the other episodes. When's the next one coming?

[edit] Oh, remembered one point I wanted to make is that there were a couple of spots where I was stuck pixel hunting. The hotspots should be larger than just the center of an object.