toblix

The Walking Dead

What, no thread for this?!

They made this thing, which is like the podcast, only with better sound, video and some guy with a sweet necklace:

pOLSfSt4TqM

I find it amusing that that guy has gone from being Dude What Sounds Like McFly to Dude What Shows Up At Everything Telltale.

Also, yessss, The Walking Dead.

"Episode 1: What is game?" was my immediate reaction to the title

EDIT: Also, this was pretty awesome and funny. Jake and Sean should be PR guys for all games, 'cause I'm pretty interested in The Walking Dead game right now.

Edited by BigJKO

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-15-the-walking-dead-screenshots-shamble-in

Had to skip the comic book parts of the video, as I have never read the comic. I have watched all the episodes so far of the tv series. I wonder how many "podcast" episodes they are going for and why is AJ hanging around Telltale offices all the time now? :)

This is The Idle Thumbs Podcast Telltale spinoff. :tup:

Hopefully the game is not all about QTE as apparently the Jurassic Park game was, that just turned me off and I didn't buy that series even with a discount.

Ahh ok, there's also this:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-947

Pretty much a resounding fuck yes. I love the art style of the game, the ink blotches are a nice touch and like they said, evocative of the style of the books. Can't wait to see what Jake and Sean come up with in terms of the script, sounds very very promising.

dear jake and sean

i here you are making the walking dead. awesome!!!!!

my favouritest episode of the tvshow is the first one when rick finds a horse

i here the nintendo have a patent for a horse-riding bag control

i think you know what it is you must do

thankyu

Hopefully the game is not all about QTE as apparently the Jurassic Park game was, that just turned me off and I didn't buy that series even with a discount.

Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic about the game but I really hope that future games aren't like Jurassic Park.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with Mario Sunshine?

Yeah, I like JP well enough because it's... Jurassic Park. But the gameplay borders on laughably awful. I could see myself enjoying a QTE-centric game on some level, but in this particular case, the sheer inconsistencies between many of the character actions versus player actions made it worse than it probably should have been. I literally only play it because I like dinosaurs and I think the story is entertaining. U:

The only dud Telltale has put out thus far. For me, anyway. (I have never played the CSI or Law & Order games, but I also have literally zero interest in them.)

The Walking Dead already sounds a whole hell of a lot better, but it's still unclear what kind of gameplay is actually involved. SOMEBODY CLEAR IT UP FOR ME. ARE THERE QTEs OR NO?!

So no talk about the game in over a month?

they've released three talk episodes and two q&a sessions in Youtube and also the debut trailer for the game.

some guy also leaked gameplay trailer in Youtube showing something like first 10 minutes of the game. Telltale has since removed that video I believe?

I have some mixed feelings, I like the music, the graphics look also pretty good and the choice of the art design is quite well suiting this game.

the cursor reminds me a lot about Lucasarts later versions in their adventure games, looks clunky with a controller that is clearly used in the gameplay videos, but that will be great for PC.

but seems there are also qte events, hopefully there won't be more than 1-2 per episode. One of my fears is that every walker encounter is a qte wazazat.

Also looks weird that the dialogue sequence is timed also. I wonder what happens if you fail to choose a dialogue option before the white line runs out.

at least it's looking a lot better than jurassic park.

Edited by Kolzig

I've pre-ordered the whole thing, and have been watching all of Telltale's videos, during the last of which I belive they spend more time doing the modern thing where they speak to an off-camera camera rather than the one that's actually recording (though, I guess, since it's not live, they're both recording, and it's done in editing). I'm very excited because whenever some part of Sam & Max or Monkey Island stood out as particularly great, it turned out Jake had made it, and with him being a designer on these games, I'm pretty sure they're going to be awesome.

I'm very excited because whenever some part of Sam & Max or Monkey Island stood out as particularly great, it turned out Jake had made it, and with him being a designer on these games, I'm pretty sure they're going to be awesome.

Man, I would sail from island to island in Tales of Monkey Island Episode 2 just to see the map swoosh in. So good.

I'm very excited because whenever some part of Sam & Max or Monkey Island stood out as particularly great, it turned out Jake had made it, and with him being a designer on these games, I'm pretty sure they're going to be awesome.

:tup:

I haven't played Jurassic Park and I kind of fear the QTEs and that it goes a bit too much into these physical details like replacing batteries in 3D, but I will surely buy it and hope it'll be great.

Our dudes working at Telltale ensure that this game is already going to be better than the crappy TV show.

Congratulations to Doug on getting his mug in the game:

7qLda9nXwlI

Congratulations to Doug on getting his mug in the game:

Doug appearing in the game is my favorite thing. He's in it a lot, too. We had our whole crew figured out in the story and it was definitely a cheesy Ocean's 11-esque "I think we need one more" situation. "Maybe some guy who is kind of like Doug?" ... ... "Maybe it's just Doug?" ... "It's just Doug." "Let's go to Doug's Facebook page and send his photos to the concept art guys."

Doug appearing in the game is my favorite thing. He's in it a lot, too. We had our whole crew figured out in the story and it was definitely a cheesy Ocean's 11-esque "I think we need one more" situation. "Maybe some guy who is kind of like Doug?" ... ... "Maybe it's just Doug?" ... "It's just Doug." "Let's go to Doug's Facebook page and send his photos to the concept art guys."

I am going to deliberately not watch that video, and entertain the prospect that you only used his extremo profile picture, ala

remoextremo.jpg

Slightly unrelated question; did Sean voice the "Rated M for Mature" bit at the beginning of the video?

Slightly unrelated question; did Sean voice the "Rated M for Mature" bit at the beginning of the video?

I think that voice is some default voice used for these ESRB notices, as I remember hearing this same voice always in the beginning of the Irrational podcasts for example.

Also, yay for Doug! :tup:

I think that voice is some default voice used for these ESRB notices, as I remember hearing this same voice always in the beginning of the Irrational podcasts for example.

Also, yay for Doug! :tup:

I'm fairly sure Shawn Elliott says it at the beginning of the irrational Podcasts.

Hmm, could be as I haven't listen to Irrational podcasts in quite a long time, but I still think it's some generic ESRB voice.

If Sean had voiced it, it would say "This game is rated M for mature. Thanks so much for watching!"

I'm fairly sure Shawn Elliott says it at the beginning of the irrational Podcasts.

He doesn't, it's a stock clip.