Salka

Fund Tim Schafer's next game YOURSELF!

Amazon is pretty clever, and they know the dates that the payment is valid from and until -- if your card expired before the from date, I imagine it would probably be flagged.

Probably not. In fact, I have 3 cards there (all the 40-day ones) and they always pick the oldest and most expired one by default for some reason.

Yeah, same here... but have you ever tried to pay with one?

oh, sorry, I think i misread your previous post.

Yeah, they send you an e-mail if it fails. I think I was removed as a backer from some thing when it failed and I was too lazy to create a new card.

I'm working at ten-thirty p.m., and it's nice having a stream of happy, celebrating people in the background. Hooray for them :tup:

Whoa. Tim Schafer mentioned Idle Thumbs (as a kickstarter project he is going to back)

It's such a joyous thing! Pity about the poorly behaving audience in the live stream, but that's easy to ignore.

It's such a joyous thing! Pity about the poorly behaving audience in the live stream, but that's easy to ignore.

What audience?

Ha, this is hilarious!

And yeah, resizing the window to hide the chat audience helps. :)

Haha, Tim is yoyo-ing.

[edit] Tim: "Hey, don't step on Lilly Bean" awwwwwwwww <33333

Yes, resizing the audience out: :tup:

Their stream had crashed which is why they're all looking puzzled in this, but I got the closest moment I could to them hitting 3.3 million:

attachment.php?attachmentid=812&stc=1&d=1331683764

This is such a lovely moment compared to the closed door pitching and crass parties in some other bits of the industry. Some bits that made me laugh from Tim's improvised closing speech:

"There are still going to be publishers making some games, a couple of games"

[if you've ever been told you're a niche market, and you can organise, you can make things happen, you're a super-niche.]

"Super-niche isn't a very glamourous sounding name".

"Here's the hot dog suit, put it on or you're fired".

post-461-1337560357435_thumb.jpg

Best ending:

"Say bye, Lilly Bean"

"byyyyyyyye"

HEART MELTED.

Awesome! It's going to be 10% better than Grim Fandango.

Grim Fandango was quite well known for exploding over budget due to the engine and stuff though, right? :tup:

There's inflation (which makes Grim's budget around $4m), and also the fact that game assets need to be higher-fidelity than they did in 1998 so budgets aren't directly comparable, and also about $335k of this will go to Kickstarter and Amazon, and some amount will go to the documentary people, etc. It's a super incredible amount and clearly their plans will get to be a lot bigger than they originally intended, but don't infer that raising this much money in 2012 means they're working with a budget comparable to Grim Fandango's in 1998.

It might also be that they're willing to pump in some of their OWN money if they need to.

Although, given their initial goal, I really doubt they need to, unless they magnificently increase the scope of the project.

Put it all on black!

No, red!

No, start a poll on the backers board!

I really enjoyed Tim's impromptu speech about not letting companies decide what we watch, listen to, play -- I really hope this is the game-changer people are suggesting it might be.

damn.. you people are wealthy...

I should talk to my boss to give me more moneys

I feel buyer's remorse already, but I know this is going to be worth it.

(I also didn't tell my girlfriend I put in so much.)

$3,746,371
Where'd you get that number? In the DF-Action-News it says:

"Raised on Kickstarter: $3,335,355

Premium Backers: $110,000

Total raised for Double Fine’s Kickstarter Adventure: $3,445,355!!!!!!!"

The more the better, I'm just curious where the additional $300.000 come from.

Btw, I wonder whether there will be a clean end result published (the number on the kickstarter-page minus bounced cards, etc). I'd be interested.

The Kickstarter fund has risen at least a few times since it ended yesterday. How's that happening? :erm: