ThunderPeel2001

Happy Action Theater

Oh yeah, this looks ace. I posted a link on my Kinect-owning friend's wall hoping they get it!

Not for me, but I very much enjoyed that clip! That was 20 minutes of awesome goofballing.

Incidentally, I would have freaked out at the first sight of that lava rushing in and jumped on the nearest piece of furniture. It's fucking lava!

I love Doublefine, even if I haven't played their recent downloadable stuff.

And yes, this game isn't for me, but I loved how they took ubiquitous childhood tropes and made it into a cool looking thing with the kinect. My nephews would get a kick out of this, but on the other hand, we already do these things with our minds, so I dunno.

Seems like a sweet thing to have at a party though, young or old.

The dancing thing was hilarious. Microsoft would be insane to not jump all over this product for advertising the kinect.

That looks like one of the most creative and insane things I've ever seen. It's certainly marketed at younger types, but what a creation! This should indeed definitely be marketed like a bastard because it's probably the best thing that's come out of the Kinect. :fart:

What I like most is how HAT is not so much a game as it is a toy.

I know. When I heard that I was like, "that sounds like it would suck... no goals or rules? How could that work?". But the video shows that, amazingly, it does. Even for adults.

Sure, I can't imagine racking up 100 hours playing it, but I think it would be a great party "game" (as it were). And for $10 it's a no brainer.

Yeah I wasn't so sure of this game/app when I first heard of it as it seemed like a weird follow up to the last batch of games. Had no idea it was already out, then gave Thunderpeel's video about a minute's worth of watching before somehow getting sucked into looking at it for 15 minutes.

I then decided I better turn it off because I don't want to ruin the fun when I buy it! Next paycheck, I will be messing around with this crap. I'm sure my girlfriend will get a kick out of me acting like an idiot sitting in lava or doing lewd poses with clones.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

I love the bit where Schafer lays down and gives a thumbs up through the lava, unlocking the achievement "I know now why you cry."

:clap:

I love the bit where Schafer lays down and gives a thumbs up through the lava, unlocking the achievement "I know now why you cry."

:clap:

Awesome. I didn't catch that he was doing a thumbs up, though, so it took me forever to get that reference!

My kinect isn't getting a whole lot of use, but I have a bunch of friends who would love playing with this! (Not druggies.)