Brannigan

DOTA 2

That was what, almost two hours? If Bloodseeker had managed to pick up the Rapier before TPing to Liquid's base VP might have just won too.

That sure was a series. I'm probably jinxing them, but I feel like Liquid can go all the way if their form keeps improving like it has been.

So I guess I am hoping for a Newbee V Liquid final now. With Newbee winning ;)

Some really hype games yesterday. I've only just dropped in what with having been on holiday. Sad to see my man BigDaddy drop out, glad to see Liquid doing good.

EZ Finals EZ Life

Glad to see Kuro finally get that win. I hope they stick together for another year!

I'm happy for Kuroky winning even though I wasn't really rooting for Liquid. I do wish the grand finals had been between Liquid and either LGD.FY or VP. I think those would have been more competitive matches. Newbee seemed very ill equipped to deal with the Liquid high pressure style.

Next patch should be great though. Time to nerf cheese!

I don't think anything that happened this patch was cheese really, except maybe the Brood nonsense. 

Unless you mean literally nerfing the cheese, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

6 hours ago, Kyir said:

I don't think anything that happened this patch was cheese really, except maybe the Brood nonsense. 

Unless you mean literally nerfing the cheese, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Brood, KotL aghs, Lich laning phase, and invisible Lycan wolves are all things I'm hoping get the nerf hammer. Whether or not you consider those things cheese depends on your perspective I suppose, but I think they make the game not very interesting to watch so I hope they are all nerfed.

I don't think KotL aghs really needs a nerf. Gh is just kind of a god? If you have to play really well to get it going and use it I'm not sure it really counts as cheese.

Brood is either unviable or cheese it seems. 

I'd say that people just aren't used to dealing with how Brood mid interacts with the map changes, but I don't have any particular love for the hero so I wouldn't mind seeing some changes. I doubt it will be very viable in the future either way.

7 hours ago, njoos said:

Brood is either unviable or cheese it seems. 

Yeah, Brood by design is cheese (like Techies, etc.). And to clarify I'm not anti-cheese strats existing in Dota, it's an important part of the game! But when cheese closes off the possibility of effective counter-play it makes the game boring. Running Brood mid on Dire and being able to farm the side camps and ancients was a little too strong. Probably just need to nerf some of her talents (which were all really good) or maybe change how spawn spiderlings works. Alternatively as Kyir alluded to maybe we just see some changes to the map and then Brood becomes less abusive, and this is all moot. One of the reasons Dota is in a great state right now is there are many effective methods to rebalance heroes.

8 hours ago, Jutranjo said:

Why invisible lycan wolves out of all things!?

As a support invisible heroes cause enough problems to your economy. Having two fast moving units with permanent invisibility on the map? Give me a break! I think the wolves should work like the Beastmaster hawks where invisibility is based on not moving instead of not atacking.