Brannigan

DOTA 2

There have been a lot of amazing games to watch at this major. I think my favorite so far was Liquid vs. Newbee Game 3 (though my team-biases are somewhat in play there.) Most of my compendium predictions were super wrong though. I expected to see a lot more Slardar and Shadow Fiend than we are, and games being a lot faster in general. 

On 4/26/2017 at 0:33 PM, sclpls said:

This is the best

C-LjUr8VoAEncjz.jpg:large

Watching their games today. w33 is pimping Campo Santo too. What the story?

I really hope there isn't a big patch after this before TI comes around. Every seems like it's in a really good state right now.

(Also OG vs VP game 1 was insane)

I am loving the new battle pass - some really cool changes from the last few passes. 

I especially like the MMR recalibration option, and the wager boosting. The wager stuff has already led to some pretty insane amounts of battle points being on the line, such as in my most recent game below (I was LC; we won).

P0YzSgJ.png

I keep cursing my team by doing the team bet when we have clearly superior team comp. Putting too much stress on them or something probably. Mostly I'm excited to see what this multiplayer campaign thing they're advertising is. 

8 hours ago, Jutranjo said:

Wait, how many team bets do you get?

It's a consumable that you get by leveling up your battlepass. You get 2 250 BP boosts at like level 4 or 5, then not sure on the next unlock.

They're pretty rare, unless you're paying to level your battlepass. 

Yeah, I already had like $50 steam bucks from selling a hat, so I thought the $35 compendium was worth it since I absolutely require the map unlock at 150. Valve has a way of making them way too good to pass up on.

I lost doubling down my MMR for the first time yesterday. That 50+ hit kind of stings. Given the quality of the hats and the features provided in the compendium, I would definitely say it's been worth my money. Really excited for the campaign thing getting introduced next week (hopefully.) How's everyone else finding the ramp-up to TI7?

I haven't been able to play any Dota besides bot matches since the compendium came out because I was dealing with bad packet loss issues with my internet that basically made multiplayer gaming impossible. But I've finally gotten those problems resolved so I'm looking forward to getting into it!

This Dota 2 co-op campaign is really hard! My friends and I have gotten to the point where we can reliably kill the first boss, but then we get slaughtered whichever area we go to afterwards.

We made it to the boss in the ogre area last night, but then got completely fucking destroyed.

The dragon trap area, we haven't even made it past the traps, lol.

I've been trying to PUG it and it's a complete nightmare. Only been able to kill the first boss once.

Hitting 4k MMR has also been a complete nightmare. The 3500-4000 range was pretty solid in terms of people not raging and actually picking reasonably, but everyone wants to play hyper greedy again suddenly. 

Need a 4 man crew to do this but I really like playing the coop campaign! Only did it twice, wiped on the tower/wave defence the first time, then the 2nd time we died on the boss after that defence.

The two fastest clears so far were both Drow / Witch Doctor / Jakiro / Abbadon. Seems like you just want ranged damage, crowd control, and healing, which makes sense. My games as LC have been painful so far.

I assume her short range compared to Drow really hurts. The ogres in particular it right about at her maximum, and they all hit like trucks. 

My friends have gotten completely demoralized by this dumb campaign :-(

I have a friend who refuses to play it with me until he beats it with his other friends because he promised he'd do it with them first.

I told him I'd see him in a few hundred years.

I feel like there's been a decided decrease in the quality of matches since summer break started. I hit 150 for the nice new map, but the thought of doing any more feels like a real slog. 

In our defense, us teachers don't get a lot of time to practice during the school year.

12 hours ago, miffy495 said:

In our defense, us teachers don't get a lot of time to practice during the school year.

Just play in class while your students are trying to talk so they can know how it feels.