Brannigan

DOTA 2

Those godlike Dendi RPs. :o

AFTER 60 MINUTES OF WHIFFING RP HE LANDS THE PLAY OF HIS CAREER i love dendi so much and i want navi to win the international again and i'll cry. thank you for reading my posts.

So Na'Vi just has to get to the finals of the qualifier and then they're locked in for the wildcard game at the main event, right? 

Na'Vi vs. Hellraisers' match 2 was the craziest shit I've seen as far as aggressive playstyles goes.

Dammit, I missed entering in my qualifier predictions into the compendium. I need a news feed or something to tell me when new things are added.

Navi vs Vega game 2. Go watch it. It'll change your life

I'm seeing no such matchup in the TI listing in-game.

Edit - Oh derp I found it, wow that was way back.

So Na'Vi just has to get to the finals of the qualifier and then they're locked in for the wildcard game at the main event, right? 

correct.  after 4 anchors beats up on vega (who totally out played and came from behind against NIP) it'll be Navi for first or second (and then in the wild card play in)

rave just got spanked 0-2 to MVP phoenix which was pretty surprising.  there goes another 1st place prediction, in 3 regions now i've had 3/4 teams picked right...just wrong order

I have to say, if any team was gonna fuck up all my European qualifier predictions, I'm glad Na'Vi is the team to do it.

My predictions were all terrible.  Gotta love Dota.  It's full of surprises.  I feel bad for Rave, but otherwise, I am pretty happy about most of the outcomes of the qualifiers.

My predictions were all terrible.  Gotta love Dota.  It's full of surprises.  I feel bad for Rave, but otherwise, I am pretty happy about most of the outcomes of the qualifiers.

correct.  after 4 anchors beats up on vega (who totally out played and came from behind against NIP) it'll be Navi for first or second (and then in the wild card play in)

yup, see how little i know.  vega were seemingly out classed in their navi games. i wonder if that BS was a troll pick to see if they could win with it...before getting serious for 3 in a row

Now that the qualifiers are over, do you guys think the 6.84c meta will evolve much further before the TI main event? If not, what do you think are some potential game changes/tweak icefrog will make before then?

I personally feel the current meta is the best it's ever been based on two reasons:
1) Higher number of viable hero picks in the pro-scene (http://i.imgur.com/7OT0u1b.png)
2) More action-packed games (although to the detriment of game length, it seems).

One change I would like is to see is Earth Spirit in CM :D

I've gotta know something. What changed about Undying and Leshrac over the last year to make them huuuuuge picks (or bans) all of a sudden?

UD got improved, the zombies became immune to aoe physical dmg like quill spray and die to 1 autoattack now. Then he got nerfed a bunch but the crazy huge comeback gold from kills got reduced so there's value in winning a lane hard again.

Lešnik has been getting buffs for 3-4 patches now and besides already being a legit pick has octarine core now as well.

Slight changes like the short but massive slow added to Leshrac's lightning storm help a lot, allowing him to setup his own stun whereas before he had to either rely on an ally or wait for enemies to make a mistake.

Like Jutranjo said, the new octarine core item is quite significant and pretty much guarantees Lesh's viability in the late game; i.e. improved survivability to do more dmg to survive longer etc.

We might see another minor patch before the TI. We've got the MarsTV DOTA 2 League thing going on right now, and if Team Secret take that as convincingly as they have taken their other LAN tournaments I suspect we'll see some other Team Secret focused nerfs.

i bit last night and put $5 into the wallet and got the Spectre & Tusk sets.  neither one a terrible interest to me, but in my hoarder fashion will keep & probably scrounge another few dollars to try again

Positively i did get in both openings the 11 compendium level boosts...so that was pretty great.  

Negatively there was sales tax so to get all 10 chests you'd actually have to put in +/-$22 & steam only has 5/10/25/50/100 denominations for general wallet add

video games

If you're adding over five bucks, you can just add the exact amount.

There is too much dota going on right now.  With MLG X-games and MarsTV most of the best teams in the world are playing right now.

Yeah, I fed 10 bucks into the dota maw and got a few cool sets for some heroes I play pretty often, so I'm happy! That Dragon Knight set is neat-o.

I got several... which ended up netting me enough compendium levels that I got another Immortal chest and got the gold AM thing.

So... worth it???????????

I have hat madness. 

Well there goes $10. I think what's helping this is that it's a $2 purchase, but people probably figure they should throw down $10 into their Steam funds and then just get 5 of those chests. So good move Valve, well played.

No Faceless Rex for me but I'm pleased.

Windrunner and Dragon Knight. Ooooohhhh yeaaaaahhhh.

No rare drops, but it pushed me to enough levels for another Immortal Chest.

Hello Sand King.. head... helm... sand-made face-thing... hat. Good hats should make you want to play the hero. This is a nice hat.

Hat.

When you have 10/11 you might as well have 11/11.

No Rex tho :*(