Brannigan

DOTA 2

Wait, why do people hate rtz? I haven't really been keeping up with the scene.

I haven't liked him ever since he went into a dota 2 cosplayer's stream and got banned for telling her to send nudes, then sicced his twitch mob on the channel until the cosplayer cried on stream

He's a fine player, but the fact that he's just kind of a shitty little kid and has the tendency to act like a shitty little kid makes me not want to... support him or his team.

Apparently the open qualifiers have been having problems today. This match I'm watching just now got paused by one of the admins and he told one of the team captains to contact him ASAP. It's really awkward. There's been accusations of teams changing rosters illegally (THAT IS A THING) today and maybe it happened again?

I haven't liked him ever since he went into a dota 2 cosplayer's stream and got banned for telling her to send nudes, then sicced his twitch mob on the channel until the cosplayer cried on stream

He's a fine player, but the fact that he's just kind of a shitty little kid and has the tendency to act like a shitty little kid makes me not want to... support him or his team.

Wow I hate him even more now. I previously just hated him 'cause he was a shitty little kid and made no attempt at being, you know, not a shitty little kid. But that's fucked up.

If anyone has a ticket for TI2015 check out the first round of Unknown vs. EGX. Shadowfiend is goddamn AMAZING in that match, and there's a super great Roshan snipe by Clockwork.

Apparently the open qualifiers have been having problems today. This match I'm watching just now got paused by one of the admins and he told one of the team captains to contact him ASAP. It's really awkward. There's been accusations of teams changing rosters illegally (THAT IS A THING) today and maybe it happened again?

I'm watching this now. Wild stuff.

Wow, never heard of this. How come he wasn't kicked off EG for that?

If anyone has a ticket for TI2015 check out the first round of Unknown vs. EGX. Shadowfiend is goddamn AMAZING in that match, and there's a super great Roshan snipe by Clockwork.

i saw that with the clockwerk, pretty amazing.  their SF use was really strong too, but i think a better team would be able to diffuse it, that undying was a sentient melee creep.

as to the roster problems, i saw i a lot of "Standin" tags being used on people's player handles.  I thought there were explicit notes about all team members must be present for these qualifiers since it is essentially an open tournament and the opportunity for ringers would be too high.

I like the idea of a open tourney to get a group of good/lucky people in to ultimately get smashed by pro teams, but if people are going to abuse it and bring in a rotating group of players it really ruins the fun for everyone.  

Not that into Arteezy as a person, but I'm a huge fan of S4 and Kuroky as human beings and DOTA players so I'm pro-Team Secret all the way. I went to the Red Bull Battlegrounds Finals, and those games were so much fun to watch. The Summit 3 games were way more stompy, although I don't think it is totally clear why that is. Secret seems to be one of the only teams that knows how to play from behind in this patch, most of the other teams just fall apart at the moment. 

I'd never heard that story about RTZ, and from what I can find, grandgrant is the one who was actually terrible (no surprise there if you're familiar with him.) Grant linked to the stream, Artour went, made some immature comment (which he shouldn't have done), got timed out for it, told his stream, and then all his douchey fans went and harassed her about it, even though RTZ explicitly asked them not to when he found out what they were doing.

I never really liked RTZ anyway. The same kind of immaturity that makes Sumail kind of insufferable is present in RTZ.

I know they're kids, but they really would benefit from someone being more present. I don't think that their parents are really actively involved in the online portion of their lives, especially given that I don't think Sumail's mother speaks English & his father is still in Pakistan. I think that Charlie, EG's manager does some of that, but it's not really his job to parent them? It's strange.

I'd never heard that story about RTZ, and from what I can find, grandgrant is the one who was actually terrible (no surprise there if you're familiar with him.) Grant linked to the stream, Artour went, made some immature comment (which he shouldn't have done), got timed out for it, told his stream, and then all his douchey fans went and harassed her about it, even though RTZ explicitly asked them not to when he found out what they were doing.

I never really liked RTZ anyway. The same kind of immaturity that makes Sumail kind of insufferable is present in RTZ.

I know they're kids, but they really would benefit from someone being more present. I don't think that their parents are really actively involved in the online portion of their lives, especially given that I don't think Sumail's mother speaks English & his father is still in Pakistan. I think that Charlie, EG's manager does some of that, but it's not really his job to parent them? It's strange.

Huh, yeah, reading this post about it, it looks like you're right. I've had that wrong for more than a year. I guess it downgrades the incident from 'actively malicious' to 'just dumb esports kid bullshit.'

I don't know. I still kind of can't stand the guy.

We saw Charlie Yang in a Bartell's buying four giant bottles of Smirnoff, some chocolate, and condoms after EG got knocked out of TI4 last year! That's my closest brush with esports celebrity. (He seemed really mad. I guess that's understandable.)

Huh, yeah, reading this post about it, it looks like you're right. I've had that wrong for more than a year. I guess it downgrades the incident from 'actively malicious' to 'just dumb esports kid bullshit.'

We saw Charlie Yang in a Bartell's buying four giant bottles of Smirnoff, some chocolate, and condoms after EG got knocked out of TI4 last year! That's my closest brush with esports celebrity. (He seemed really mad. I guess that's understandable.)

Hahahaha, I love the idea that he was buying condoms for his players. I bet it was Fear he was buying them for as Charlie said he's the smoothest with the ladies.

edit: https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/600245883930693632

Apparently RTZ broke a door last night while getting sloppy post BTS.

I'd be mad too.  Imagine having to take care of a drunk Mason.

The second match of TongFuWZ vs. EHOME in the Chinese qualifiers was pretty dope. And dopey.

Are there enough of us paying attention to this that a chat channel in-client would be useful?

Spent a bit of yesterday with some friends in mumble watching a couple of the matches going on. It was surprisingly fun.

i saw/listened to most of the day's matches.  i was painting a good portion of my house and had it playing on my wii-u handset since my tablet is on the fritz and phone burns battery too fast

It felt a lot like listening to baseball and was very impressed with the commentary/casters being able to word-picture the fights and action going on.  

My wife couldnt understand how I had it on all day and wasnt actually watching, but when I made that analogy to baseball made more sense

Lets go Mouse! they had a great ~60min game today too that was pretty great vs Root but lost the second of the series.  It'll be interesting how the whole thing shakes out, complexity is playing really well and Wheel isnt going quietly.

NA Qualifiers - no spoilers, but Mouse VS Nar V2 - wow.  Finals should be just as good

they had a ~2hr delay because MSS' internet crapped out then back and forth games.  all three pretty good to watch

Game 3 - mouse falls in spectacular team fights at the end.  Like Merlini was talking in the post game, winter wyvren & AM is strong, but they didnt need that combo in this line up.  some bad items and poor timing i think sealed their fate.  QoP looked off and Lotus Orb just hosed the Lion.

Very sad, Black and Qojqva are some of my favorite to watch play.  The way Team Tinker turned into Mouse is strange enough, but moving to US for easier qualifier shows the team as a whole missing a piece.

Generally excited for the Euro part to get going, I think the strongest qualifiers are in the Euro region - see how they are playing and what comes out.  May not even matter though, everyone is going to crash against the wall that is VG, EG, TS, and IG