Brannigan

DOTA 2

Allegedly. I've never seen a Legion jungle that wasn't fodder.

Yeah seriously, LC is the worst jungler out of any jungler that ever jungled.

"Legion Commander can't jungle" has always been one of the Dota 2 subreddit's favorite myths to repeat over and over.

Just because she's not the best jungler doesn't mean she can't jungle, people!

No, I'm sure that's true. I've actually had one or two pretty good games as a jungling Legion, it's mostly just that at my MMR (pretty effing low) it's hard for most people to get the momentum together to be really effective.

Usually when people say so-and-so shouldn't jungle it means they are more effective in lane. While you can totally get more farm in lane than in a jungle, I'm nowhere near good enough for that to matter so I roll axe through the jungle pretty regularly. Dota!

I guess I haven't been properly zoned out yet but i tend to lane just fine with axe. I've played few games though.

Oh no, axe is wonderful in lane. But in solo queue you've gotta make due with the team that you've got and that means an unconventional or sub-optimal laning stage.

How did everyone do with their predictions? I was wrong about Ninjas in Pyjamas, and VP.Polar got the nod instead.

I missed VP for alliance,

I thought with bulldog and ti3 win would mix it up and then make navi, VP and the rest make a good qualifier (navi is weak right now, but still crowd favorite)

Those European and Chinese qualifiers look to be brutal.

I think Team Tinker should be able to wipe the floor with the other American teams though.

I nailed 7 out of 10 of the team invites to TI. I incorrectly chose MVP, Alliance, and Na'Vi.

it should be really neat to see how the qualifiers shake out.  

I think you are correct - Team Tinker should be easy top of NA, NAR would be competitive for the wild card.  SEA will be a good fight between MVP and Rave, and, yes, China and Euro are insane.  

Did anyone submit their team for the 1024 open mega tournament?  We joked about it my 5-stack friends, but wouldnt even be worth the embarrassment of getting lit up on the opening round.

8/10 for me. When I remembered NewBee won TI4 (coulda sworn it was Vici) I actually swapped them in over Empire >.<. I thought Alliance would get tapped since they've been rallying. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who picked MVP.

Oh man, I just played my first match since July of last year. I was a nervous wreck throughout the whole team, but my team had some pretty damn good synergy and instincts it seemed. I knew to not over-extend my reach since I was playing Sniper. I ended up 3-3-22. Which isn't bad! 1:1 personal kill/death ratio, and then involved in a ton of engagements. Felt good. I changed up my usual order of buying things on Sniper and it seemed to make a big difference.

I was up against Magnus in the middle lane which was pretty terrifying, because his initiation on me hurts hard (though he can't really pursue me for squat after). I managed to dodge a gank he tried to set up with a Juggernaut; the Jugg got me a moment later when I was recovering health hanging back with his Ult, which didn't make me feel too bad.

I think the other team was suffering from a lot of "no, -I- am the super-star of this team!"

This exchange has been making me smile the last couple of days.

5mXP6Ti.png

Anyone looking to build a low-to-mid level team?

Myself and two friends are looking for two more to play with about four days a week? All three of us are right around the 2k level but we're winning consistently enough. (Currently 9 game winning streak.)

We're pretty low-key, just like to build our game up :) add me on steam: [email protected]

Also... Long shot but I'm looking for someone selling ti5 tickets???

I don't know if there's a separate thread for yakking about pro dota, but The Summit is happening this weekend, which is significant because it's one of the last Big Tournaments before The International. Team Secret is playing the best dota of their lives, which is a real damn shame if you, like me, hate the ground that arteezy walks on.

Yeah I'm always rooting against Team Secret for the same reason. D:

It's a shame most of The Summit's finals have been total stomps and a ton of games have been less than 30min (though that seems pretty common in the new meta). EG v C9 and Secret v Vici are the only series that have gone to 3 games. As per usual, EG is the most fun to watch and will end up playing twice as many games as any other team to ultimately come in second :P

EG and Vici will be playing to get to the grand finals with Secret. EG has a habit of losing to the top tier teams in tournament settings and then beating them if the play again later, and they've already been beat by Secret in the Semifinals. However, even though EG and Vici were in the same group at the start of the LAN, they didn't end up playing due to the group stages double elimination format with no finals, so this'll be the first time they've played.

Exciting :D

Also, Puppey keeping it real. Bugatti's make you soft! 

MW4akuU.jpg

How can you not like Captain Puppey's team?

cuz rtz is an ass

cuz rtz is an ass

I don't care about that, Puppey is getting his 2nd TI win. 1st ever player to do it. And S4 I guess.

No they will lose if the universe has any sense of justice!!!