Brannigan

DOTA 2

Yeah, if I'm understanding the changes to the formula correctly, it is going to reward good team fights more, and you can't cheese it by just ganking the hard carry a few times. There's also some cap to the gain.

I lost a game yesterday because I didn't realize I was playing HoN and got fucked by that top right dire side ward.  :shifty:

I like 6.82b, had some really cool even games. Fountain camping seems to be out. 

I like the changes to the towers, taking one down now seems properly monumental. Flipside to that I guess is heroes with illusions feel a little OP to me. Last night I played a couple of games as Chaos Knight, and worked diligently to get a manta style ASAP, and that just made me and my team pretty unstoppable.

trying a new Broodmother build that has been circulating some dota forums -

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/961123651

ended up losing, but i would reckon that has something to do with husk & bad disruptor (my brother and uncle respectively)

Anyways the build is - 2 3 2 3 2 4 2/3 2/3 1 4 111 (stats ult and win)

opening items - tango/quelling/ring of protect/gg branch

early items - poor man shield, phase boots, yasha

core - manta / bkb

Late - mkb / butterfly / AC / orchid if necessary

The skill build itself has a much more even feeling than the typical spiderlings & webs whereas you sit around and build an army of spiders.  i was able to actually kill and participate in kills much sooner, especially with the disperse web move & being able to save up 4 charges.  can change lane and be useful rather than setting up a new base camp over the next 10 minutes.

i'd like to hear others feedback or if theyve been trying anything new with broodmother since the web-charge changes

I haven't played the build but it looks stupid. The whole point of brood is to pressure lanes and since the last patch made it so spiderlings can stack in one spot on webs. Unless the enemy has a rotting pudge or yeah axe, the spiders dont get damaged and put out of their speed/phasing mode. They will kill supports at low levels or until the support gets items if they catch him out somewhere. It's also a nuke with the usual scaling damage. Even if you are against an axe in lane you can just send your spiders to kill things in the jungle. I'll try it next time I'm with a friend in LPQ but it seems as viable as no poof or ult meepo.

Looks a bit silly, if pushing isn't what you want to do, don't pick brood. 

i had my doubts as well but was pretty happy with the damage output & attack speed.  I felt a much 

My past experiences with brood always let me wanting in the attack speed area, this helps & keeps active in the fight.

It is obviously not an every round solution, but being able to slip into push later in the game would be pretty nice

I'm liking this new patch from an eSports-perspective, ESL One and Starladder has had some crazy matches. 

Team Secret is living up to expectations from being a team made up of some of my favourite players. NoTail in particular has been on fire, especially on Earthshaker and Io.

This was the highlight of Starladder for me. After a botched teamfight, Kuroky is escaping on Medusa, and gets surrounded by all of EG. Any other player is dead then, but he has Puppy and NoTail at his back. Puppy uses blinding light to push everyone away, and NoTail uses fissure at the exact right time, catching all of EG on one side and Kuroky on the other, then force-staff him to safety.

The timing is absurd. Look at Nyx at the bottom left. When the fissure starts, he's on the wrong side, but is pushed over just on time.

This was an incredible play. 

For those interested, Sean, Brad and his brother Tim and their team (Potato Day) are playing their Rektreational game tonight versus Swaghanims Scepter.

It's at 6 7pm Pacific, on twitch.tv/rektreational

They're competing for a chance to face US (Poutine King Bar) in the loser's bracket finals.

Brackets:http://challonge.com/Rektreational

A kind Undying told me i should go back to playing bots and informed the other team that this must be my first dota match ever.

i cant wait for year beast mode to be over.  The full set drop is so tempting and the super creep mechanic is really neat...but the insta-lock lords (zeus, undying, warlock, bristle mostly) & when someone has bought enough points to get the infinite zeus ult aura is such horseshit. I am 1-7 in the mode, and it accounts for 6 of my last 8 losses, and therefore my last 20 matches are 11-2 & 1-6YB  :getmecoat

Anyone who hasn't played or kept up with the mode - There is a spawned "beast" that is essentially a Super Creep (ref: -SC in wc3 mod) and you can spend allocated points to upgrade & use global and localized spells.  These points are partially dolled out to everyone who plays, but additional points can be earned by winning matches & by buying CM Arcana

These points can grossly overpower a team by allowing them to cast global silence, heal, thunderstrike, or some others on command.  Additionally you can level up the beast to get more powerful and gain other abilities (stampede, mek, taunt, etc)  The game-breaking total sucko part is the lvl3 Support beast aura gives 50% chance to reset CD on cast when within +/-500 range.

So what does this do? A team member that has either won a lot...or accumulated a lot of points plays zeus, levels beast to lvl3, casts ult to potentially infinite degree of nuking.  Warlock will drop 2..3...4 golems, or Lina will laguna blade every one on the team.

This is really just a complain rant, the mode ends March 1, and i just shouldnt play it anymore. Hopefully the next mode wont be pay-to-win & a bit more balanced

I've only been able to play one Year Beast match on the second day they had it, but no one in my game seemed to have a ton of points. The UI was ugly and confusing and that queue hasn't popped up again when I've been on. I am pretty bummed about how they handled it this year, but I never really like the special modes beyond the sweet drops anyway.

I've been mostly playing 1v1 practice since I don't have huge chunks of time after work and I don't think I've lost a game all week. I'll random and then just play like a jerk trying to bait out one of the win conditions. Anything you can do to get a lead! 

Also, god I'm still so bad at last hitting properly unless that's the only thing I focus on.

Besides Greeviling, this is the only bad event. And it's probably worse than Greeviling...

I'd rather fight the year beast co-op style again. Oh well.

Yeah I was really hoping for the co-op mode. I hate the year beast mode because it is pretty imbalanced, and I hate any game mode where people have an incentive to try hard for a non-serious game mode. It really brings the worst out in the DOTA community in my opinion.

As it stands I'm taking a break from DOTA until this dumb game mode is over.

Blitz Trolling the Troll

Eventually they cant even steal intel anymore.  The troll cant use ult at some points of the game and only gets maybe 1 whirling axes off per pool

This was the best, I wish the video had captured a little more of their effort to cut a path through the trees. Watching Blitz's stream I felt like it took them a good 3 minutes to pull that off, so hilarious.

This latest patch is kind of evidence for why I think Heroes of the Storm continues to underwhelm me. In my opinion, a single patch of DOTA can do more to shake up LoMa conventions than HotS has managed to do even with changes as drastic as ripping out the inventory system.

The changes they've made to Silencer have me wanting to dive back into the game, having a built-in movespeed slow accessible from the very start of a match is a wildly exciting prospect.

People are responding to it like he's been nerfed because of the other changes the rework gave him, but they don't get it! They don't understand!

As much as I love Dota, I haven't played it in like a month. :x The quick match duration is what keeps me going back to HotS over Dota. But I'm currently watching DotaCinema's patch breakdown and I'm really fiending for a game of Dota tonight.

Those new items are bonkers. Cool down reduction and magic damage life steal! Can't wait to play support this patch.

taterdactyl - Yeah I mean, when people say they want to play quicker games that is fair enough. DOTA can't be all things to all people. But if it is any consolation a lot of the changes are going to make the games shorter. There were some significant changes to buybacks, comeback gold, and T3 & 4 towers got a big armor reduction. These changes aren't in the main client yet though, just FYI.

BusbyBerkeley - Agreed! I end up playing support in probably like 60% of my games, and a lot of these changes will be really nice. I really like how sentry & observer wards only take up one inventory slot now. And being able to TP away with ghost scepter is gonna be huge. It used to be if you were a support playing vs. a farmed Huskar you were basically dead, and it was really annoying.

I saw the cooldown reduction and magic lifesteal on the same item and went "we league of legends now" and my friend said it at the same time over Mumble and we laughed and laaaaaaaaughed.

Seriously though this patch is fucking insane and I love it. New agh's on centaur one of my favorite heroes is SO FUCKING GOOD

I can't wait to play this but playing games RIGHT NOW (before thursday) just feels like shit. Why can't I eat mangos yet on Wraith King?

Also, I love buying hyperstones and hate that I have to combine them into something else later. Thankfully they added a recipe that is just 2 hyperstones. Plus you can eat it.

Buy two hyper stones. Eat them. Buy two more hyper stones.

And the spell reflect thing will be great fun and cause many Big Plays. Lategame will just be Big Play city. Also, the item switching is horrible, now you gotta go to the hyperstone shop for your platemail.