Brannigan

DOTA 2

You'll see folks leave games a lot more in Limited Heroes because there's no penalty for doing so.

Enjoyed the Rektreational game today. Seeing Nick Breckon trapped by his own teammate's serpent wards was a special kind of DOTA event.

Enjoyed the Rektreational game today. Seeing Nick Breckon trapped by his own teammate's serpent wards was a special kind of DOTA event.

fLqLOPy.jpg

Here's a pretty entertaining match that Chris Thursten (who is on the Venomancer? I Hardly Know Her team in the Rektreational) played, and then subsequently cast with his friend Marsh Davies, who knows next to nothing about DOTA. It's a great format because that basically means Chris is spending the entire time explaining what is cool or interesting about the game. As an added bonus, it was a pretty amazing match!

Maybe most have seen this but it is still good to watch again.

I've come to accept that I'm only good at a handful of heroes in this game, and that I should really just stick to them. It's actually been quite nice. I have fun because they're my favorites, I win because I'm good at them, and my team doesn't flame because I'm not sucking. Before this realization I just sort of played whatever and got really frustrated at my ineptitude. Now I'm back to enjoying dota.

How do you guys pick? Do you always play the same role and heroes or do you just random and hope for the best?

I generally play support, but I did enjoy having the compendium goal of a win with a certain hero because it pulled me out of my element a bit. I even jungled a couple of times!

Seriously, they should have that daily quest thing just in the game, because once it went away I've played a lot less games.

I usually play support, but I'll try just about anything that doesn't require a ton of micro. I tend to play random draft and captain's draft because the limited hero pool forces me to try new stuff all the time.

Seriously, they should have that daily quest thing just in the game, because once it went away I've played a lot less games.

Did you see they added an all-hero challenge with the Techies update?

Maybe most have seen this but it is still good to watch again.

It's so depressing to watch Dota this good after how the TI4 finals were. 

Also, on a sidenote, Fear's Lina is so fun to watch. I was worried that EG would have a tough transition from Mason back to Fear, but glad to see they haven't missed a beat.

6.82 teaser up on the official site. 

In before vacuum nerf and necrophos +1 base armor. 

It'll come with Shadow Fiend remake and Shadow Fiend will still suck because he's not a sick-ass demon raven thing (NEVERMORE, IT'S SO EASY, JUST DO IT).

Maybe it'll come with that new Faceless Void model too that all the idiots voted for over Viper and Slardar. FUCK.

I really like the FV model. Slardar so good hero, but such low poly.

Hey everyone, I know some of you were waiting for this match-up in the Rektreational (twitch.tv/rektreational) : 

Poutine King Bar vs. Venomancer? I hardly knew Her

Sunday September 28th, 10am EST (7am PST -- 3pm GMT)

Sorry west coasters for the early time slot, Veno are in the UK!

Pyrion Flax and friends: here we come!

:D

Yeah, there is a lot of exciting stuff being added, along with a bunchof stuff that I'm too new to know how to feel about, and other stuff that I don't know how I feel about.

Chen controlling ancients 

Ogre Magi's HP regen buffed hugely (and now Soul Ring builds into Bloodstone, offlane Ogre Magi dream is real)

Totally confusing damage type nonsense all gone

Space Created chat wheel option

Two chakrams 

I don't even know where to stop listing things that are exciting me.

Yeah, this is a fairly mind melting update. I'm excited for the changes to Ogre Magi and Tusk.

The two runes thing is going to cause there to be a lot more early team fights I think, and I think that will be a good thing.

I'm VERY curious as to what "geminate attack now procs items" means. It would say UAMs if that's what it was, but there is no way they'd let you double dagon people, right? Right??

It means unique attack modifiers. And crits. Dagon is not an attack proc'd item.

theres a lot of neat adds / reworks to hero skills, aghanim's additions, CD/dmg rebalances etc

but most important are clearly the terrain chainges.  

The Rosh pit being balanced to not favor the dire as much is fine - but will greatly affect ward placement and river jumping blink setups, also selling items in the pit to SS

Additionally the juke/gank access lane from radiant top -> secret shop is crazy.  And the criss-cross cut throughs they are adding to the bottom radiant trees is pretty great.  Certainly trying to mirror a little better the dire side (dis)advantage with those gank spots

i suspect that riki is going to make a major jump in popularity, sniper will drop out entirely w/o mini-stun, and in general push-strats will start to fall off w/the multi-glyph change.

This could be the patch of Tree & Chen!