Brannigan

DOTA 2

I'm pretty sure they don't want anyone to have additional vertical space, given that playing on 1920x1200 makes my screen smaller on the sides rather than taller.  At the very least if they made more vertical screen real-estate available it would have balance implications.  Things like potm arrows are obviously much harder to dodge when they come from the top or bottom of the screen and if you watch high level players they're very much aware of it and will try and position themselves for it.

Are you playing on a low resolution or something?  I've never thought of the UI as intrusive.

Thank goodness for Ayesee's twitter feed; it's letting me keep up with the International. My favorote team (Liquid) seem to be pulling through. Also saw that ties in 2nd and 10th place will result in more pro matches. 1st and 3rd-9th are going to use stats to determine clear placements.

Looks like Liquid will have to play in one of the elimination series in the first round of the playoffs.  If they had won against mouz in their last match, they would have guaranteed themselves a spot at the main event.  Now they need to play from the bottom of the of the next round of the playoffs.  Actually, I guess we know that they'll be playing against LGD tomorrow.  Then Na'vi or Cloud 9 and then EG or DK depending on how the last few games play out today.

I look forward to the day Liquid is no more. UGH. How dare they actually win games.

Team Liquid has been great with their map vision control and early ganking. When LGD beat them a couple days ago at their own game I couldn't believe it. If they have to play LGD again I'm gonna be sad.

Liquid is not great at anything ugh I hope they disband before TI4 is over.

What's bad about Liquid? I've been rooting for them because they were the play in and fuck yeah.

I am sad about Mouz because they clearly were ahead in the tiebreaker and threw their ticket to the main event directly into the garbage.

I HATE THEM THAT'S WHAT'S BAD ABOUT THEM.

Up until, well, this, they've largely been irrelevant. It wasn't until they got Demon that they stopped being complete shit. And I hate Demon as a person, so it's all terrible. They're only relevant because they have a terrible human being who happens to be good at Dota on their team. Ugh. Worst. Ugh.

At least Bulba's now stuck on support where he should be. The only hero he's good at is Clockwerk, and that's not enough when Clockwerk doesn't fit the team.

Also they had a sweet 8-slotted Tinker against NewBee which I gotta respect.

Ugh NewBee played terribly that game, they should've won easily FUCK LIQUID.

DISBAND LIQUID. DISBAND.

Well but actually it's just that I have an undeclared contest with a friend of mine to see who can hate Liquid more. The distaste comes from a real place, but I project it in a much more extreme manner than I actually feel.

I don't know many pro players by name yet but my favorite Bulba moment was when he denied an Aegis that they won.

As for Liquid, they're exciting to watch, I dunno. Like I said, they have an Oakland Raiders appeal.

Liquid were really good before, I don't know what you're talking about. When they had Korok they were the best NA team.

i do get the anti-liquid sentiment a little.

i think Eternal Envy is an awful person who perpetuates bad mannered online toxicity.  I suspect that c9 as a team told him to grow up/cool it on the twitch streams, which i appreciate, because in the months leading up to TI he pretty much shut up on the hate

as for Liquid - i think bulba has always been overrated, but attractive, re:ti3 VS lgd.  i think they are a much improved team w/o ixmike & fluff, TC is whatever - easily switched with another 1spot

however, my attraction to watching liquid games this year is qojqva.  He is playing out of this world, extremely dynamic lord use, good positioning, big plays

The North Americans just feel like the fighting game community, it's hard to like them and they seem to have this hip-hop trash talking vibe.  Liquid was full of drama a few months ago, and was GG'ing at 15 minutes repeatedly.  I don't think they're the type of team I can get behind.

But I'm learning that if I want to like DOTA teams I shouldn't learn anything about their players.  Because the closer you look, almost all these guys have said some horrible shit.

Everyone on Liquid besides Demon is really nice, TC is the nicest guy I've ever seen. Well Demon is nice too, but he's also a man child. I don't think the NA scene is any worse than any other scene, maybe EU West. The racist stuff that went in in China where DK and IG got boycotted from scrims for having non-chinese players was absurd. Also Rotk is insane. And CIS teams are CIS teams.

Basically it's like any sport, lots of people are assholes, but they're good at something so they get by. In this case most of them just also start much younger than athletes so they grow up immersed in it and grow up as very large babies.

Liquid were really good before, I don't know what you're talking about. When they had Korok they were the best NA team.

hahah ugh

best na i guess but that's not saying much

ixmike88 was the only Cool Dude ever on Liquid, and he left. Which, he wasn't a fantastic player, so that's fair. But he has that stache, so they really lost like ALL THEIR CHARM once that happened.

i think Eternal Envy is an awful person who perpetuates bad mannered online toxicity.  I suspect that c9 as a team told him to grow up/cool it on the twitch streams, which i appreciate, because in the months leading up to TI he pretty much shut up on the hate

Yeah I noticed that too. EE is probably even worse than Demon in that regard. Or was? I dunno I don't watch either of them stream regularly because I think they're repulsive human beings.

Yeah I noticed that too. EE is probably even worse than Demon in that regard. Or was? I dunno I don't watch either of them stream regularly because I think they're repulsive human beings.

??

TL is out now.

I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video so you're going to have to sum it up if you want to make a point at me!

I will be in seattle for TI, and have a ticket (I am pretty sure) and maybe another one for my wife (I am less sure). Would be cool to meet up with cool people for it.

I really like the new camera zoom level they have added for the spectators, really opens up the vision of the game a bunch.

really like the new camera zoom level they have added for the spectators, really opens up the vision of the game a bunch.

On stream it can be really disorienting and people get compressed like crazy.

I think I might have watched too much DOTA in the last week. My brain is broken.

It was 36 casted games per day. I'll watch them later, the multicast helped blend all of them into a blur.

All I can say is thank god there is a mid-week break between the playoffs and the main event. I need to get work done around here some time. Though it's going to be difficult to go into the office on Monday. Will probably need to duck out early (again) to catch the grand finals in their entirety. And eventually set aside some time to play the freaking game.

On a side note, the "newbie-friendly" stream has been my favorite to watch thus far. Purge gets a little disorientating when the action heats up, but the things they both point out are much more interesting to me than the main casters. I especially enjoy that they call out their assumptions and their knowledge gaps, and being honest about the possibility that their speculations on strategy may be wrong.

Purge is really one of my favorite analysts to listen to. I hope he and Maelk both get a lot more air time during the main event. Their game knowledge and articulation is off the charts.

I've got about 30-60 games under my belt at this point and would love to find some nice people to play with I thought the Idle forums would be a good place to look for them.  Anyone looking for a fairly new player with strong communication skills to play with?