Brannigan

DOTA 2

I still haven't started playing this game, random question - is there going to be a chat room for Thumbs around the time of the Championship? I was thinking about watching this year but I don't know shit about the game and I'm sure I'll have a bunch of dumb questions.

If you watch in game you can chat in the idle thumbs guild chat.

I guess that'd be one way for me to boot up the game. >.>

It's a deep, dark hole. Join us... :cue creepy music:

I actually played a game the other day. My Zeus was a bit rusty, but I managed to hold my own and get first blood. I wish I had the time to devote to getting decent at the game. At least they fixed matchmaking so I'm not locked out of Random Draft anymore.

one of us, one of us,

gooble gobble, gooble gobble

I wish matchmaking was better fixed and enforced with regard to language. Because I'm tired of getting dumped with Spanish people who mark English but don't have a clue what I'm saying.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating. Especially when it starts making me straight up angry at the first sign of the Spanish language. It's turning me racist! Well, I guess xenophobic is more accurate. But ugh just how is fun for THEM to not understand ME? It sure as hell isn't fun for me.

I've heard it's because they get better pings, that they queue in the US. And I'm sure they pick English because it reduces queue times. I just wish it was reportable if they didn't speak English. I'm so tired of dealing with it. Especially because most of the assholes I meet in Dota these days don't speak English except for "noob" and "idiot", which they readily employ to blame everyone but themselves, naturally.

IMO Valve should either add systems to enforce the Language preferences, or remove them.  It's just making people angry.

Yeah. You guys are seeing the most docile form of my actual reaction on this issue. I went bananas last night.

Become a master of pings, chat wheel and drawing on the map.

Either for good or for evil.

Speaking of pings... I need Valve to add a 'mute ping' option for each player. I go into a *RAGE* when people ping nonstop. Just thinking about it is making me angry.

And the language issue... Also very annoying, but I only seem to run into it when I play alone. So I try to do that as little as possible.

I used general pings to notify people of things like Roshan grabs, or placement of enemies (like if I see one sneak into a jungle), or if a gank is happening. I feel that all of these events qualify for pinging.

But I don't go crazy with pings. The only time I multi-ping is if I'm doing a quick notification of route the enemy is walking or something. Which I realize I can use the draw tool for now.

Nah I think she's talking more about people who ping-spam. What you're talking about, Henroid, is perfectly fine, but sometimes people will just ping a thousand times a minute because they're assholes. Usually I ask them to stop, and then they ping me nonstop until I mute them, and then I just get pings every few seconds, or whatever the rate is. I wish it would mute pings entirely. I understand why it doesn't, by default, but at least give me the option.

I've considered modding the ping sound effect to be silence, but that's a pretty drastic measure for something so useful when used properly. ):

Valve have announnced their next hero to release with a Hidden Stretch Goal at $6,400,000 that were reached just this morning. Together with the release information, Techies will get their own special Taunt, to anger their opponents even in death.

Fucking techies. I hate techies so much. I hate playing with techies, I hate playing against techies, I hate watching techies. 

Ping-spam is exactly what I'm talking about. When people ping just for the sake of pinging, or for the sake of being a d-bag. It becomes like nails on a chalkboard and makes it so hard to focus on the game.

Fucking techies. I hate techies so much. I hate playing with techies, I hate playing against techies, I hate watching techies. 

get techie'd Kappa

I didn't play the original Dota, so I know nothing about Techies. Sounds skeery. Must research...

It's a hero everyone wants because they're wacky and have a suicide ability and can lay mines to potentially kill someone at level 1 instantly. Except people who played Dota 1 want nothing to do with Techies ever because they all know it's a disease in the game that should be eradicated.

I want them because some people don't want them. I'm spiteful like that!

It is the ultimate hero for ruining a public matchmaking game for everyone involved. It was born for it, bred for it, trained for it. 

He's in CM in Dota1 so he'll probably be added a week or two after he's added to Dota2. He'll be picked slightly less than pudge.

I think techies are gonna be like a more popular Meepo. He's one of those classic Dota heroes everyone "loves" but is kind of a liability on your team more often than not. I am excited for them to finally port all the old dudes into Dota 2 though.

I just lost to an amazing combo of heroes. Some stupidity from my support (not getting wards) wasn't helping but the enemy team didn't need it.

Imagine just getting caught by a surprise tornado from Invoker. Then he mana bombs you.

Then imagine that Disruptor puts a cage around you.

Then Pugna starts doing his shit.

And Wraith King and Viper show up as security to keep you from being auto-attack offensive, and to keep you from running.

Now imagine all that... applying to your entire team at the same time