Brannigan

DOTA 2

Is the limit for that fantasy league reached yet? I wanna join as well if I can please.

10 is the max as far as I know. 

You can join multiple Leagues on the same ticket though, you're only limited in that you can only create one. 

Add me on Steam (Reyturn) and I'll get the league setup when it becomes available. 

Done. I'm Haystacks Calhoun on Steam at the moment. 

I'm in the same boat! Would love to join up with a Dota Today guild.

I think the best bet is to ask in the idlethumbs in-game chat channel when one of the guild officers are on. There's also a thread in Multiplayer Networking, but I think you'll probably have more luck with the in-game chat.

I'm up for joining the fantasy league if there's a slot available. I'm terrible at LoMa's too, so you guys can use me as cannon fodder. Isn't that appealing?

10 is the max as far as I know. 

You can join multiple Leagues on the same ticket though, you're only limited in that you can only create one. 

I don't think that is accurate.  I believe a ticket is consumed for any league you participate in.  I just double-checked my inventory and my ticket is gone after joining the league this morning.  Extra tickets are 99c on the store.

I think the best bet is to ask in the idlethumbs in-game chat channel when one of the guild officers are on. There's also a thread in Multiplayer Networking, but I think you'll probably have more luck with the in-game chat.

That is a qualified "best bet".  After popping the question in the idlethumbs channel for a couple weeks, I gave up. :(  But it does remind me that I should continue to be persistent.

I don't think that is accurate.  I believe a ticket is consumed for any league you participate in.  I just double-checked my inventory and my ticket is gone after joining the league this morning.  Extra tickets are 99c on the store.

Ah, I stand corrected. 

An account can only host one league but can join any number of other leagues, but each costs a ticket.  

Currently vacationing in the US without access to Dota 2, but I'll be back the evening of the 18th and will join the fantasy league at that point.  Don't give up my spot!

Got it, thanks

What function did you fit it on? It'd be a poor estimate anyway, since the behaviour should change when valve add more stretch goals.

Plus some jumps when the immortal items are released and the Pudge courier. Though maybe not significant jumps.

i used the natural log.  Valve could potentially affect the curve by adding more rewards, but other than that I think it's a fairly stable one at this point.  I'm pretty sure the stretch goals aren't the primary driver for money being added, but rather personal rewards and new players joining in.

The amount of users participating makes it really hard for things to alter course without some major change.

Edit: realized it was a bit ambiguous if you didn't read the reddit link I posted.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=fit+%7B1%2C1600000%7D%2C%7B2%2C2682056%7D%2C%7B3%2C3412386%7D%2C%7B4%2C3887103%7D%2C%7B5%2C4359369%7D%2C%7B6%2C4751090%7D%2C%7B7%2C5032238%7D%2C%7B8%2C5293739%7D

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1.79283x10%5E6+log%28x%29%2B1.50072x10%5E6+for+x%3D69

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/prizetracker/international2014

An example of the behavior I hate in this game:

We're losing the match. As the buildings around the ancient crumble down we call the gg to be good sports and step aside to let the match get ended...

Then the enemy team surrounds our spawn point. Because they want those cool-guy points for ganking us over and over I guess. When a gg is called, that seems very unsportsman-like. The only time I see that being acceptable is if the match could spin on a dime unless you keep the enemy pinned back absolutely and brutally (which is not a frequent situation).

Even with one guy disconnected we just busted out of our spawn point hard and destroyed the entire enemy team. It was poetic.

Ok...I had resigned myself to the idea of missing the draft for the fantasy, but I didn't realize that you could only request one add a day.  That's going to be pretty painful.  I thought I would at least be able to get my team relatively in shape after the draft.

An example of the behavior I hate in this game:

We're losing the match. As the buildings around the ancient crumble down we call the gg to be good sports and step aside to let the match get ended...

Then the enemy team surrounds our spawn point. Because they want those cool-guy points for ganking us over and over I guess. When a gg is called, that seems very unsportsman-like. The only time I see that being acceptable is if the match could spin on a dime unless you keep the enemy pinned back absolutely and brutally (which is not a frequent situation).

Even with one guy disconnected we just busted out of our spawn point hard and destroyed the entire enemy team. It was poetic.

This is actually a big part of the reason I quit Dota 2, it felt like I just had to deal with assholes every other game in one way or another.

In Heroes of the Storm, which I'm playing like 2 matches a day, there's basically no assholery whatsoever! There's basically not match quitting, almost no AFK's, no raging or anything. It's also a game that I don't feel really bad when losing in, it's a really really refreshing experience to just have fun with one of these things instead of everything driving towards getting super competitive.

Is this just common on US servers? This rarely happens and if it does it's usually so bad it's funny. I haven't actually had anyone camp a fountain unless you count the few minutes while two lanes of creeps kill the throne. 

I don't see the difference between them being there or them just killing 2 of your raxes and then going to kill Rosh or farming some more. Game's over anyway. Have some fun.

It's actually pretty rare but when it does happen it really stands out because it's utterly unpleasant for the losing team. There's literally no benefit and literally no way to have fun when you're just dying repeatedly and can't live long enough to even force staff into trees or some shit.

Is this just common on US servers? This rarely happens and if it does it's usually so bad it's funny. I haven't actually had anyone camp a fountain unless you count the few minutes while two lanes of creeps kill the throne. 

I don't see the difference between them being there or them just killing 2 of your raxes and then going to kill Rosh or farming some more. Game's over anyway. Have some fun.

I actually only started running into a ton of jerks in the game when I set it to matchmake from the USA only. When I mm'd globally it was a way better environment.

Also a funny observation: When I mm'd globally most people spoke English. When I set it to USA only, there's frequently eastern languages and every round there's at least two Spanish speaking people. Which would be fine if I knew those languages. But y'know. Makes communication for team efforts hard.