Brannigan

DOTA 2

Guys. 

Anyone want to join my Asus ROG Dreamleague Season 1 fantasy league? There is room for 5 more dudes. I have no idea how it works but I think you need to own the Asus Rog DreamLeague season 1 ticket to participate. 

I want to join if you have room for me, my id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/sockerludd

I've invited you all, I think. You need to go to Community then Create/Join league to join.

Matches are starting tomorrow it seems, so I will schedule the Live Draft for today/tonight. Drafting begins in 11 hours 20 minutes from now! Still room for more. First come first serve basis. :D

There is an FAQ here if someone is wondering whats what. 

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/02/introducing-fantasy-dota/

Added you! Am reading the timestamp right that you will start the draft at 22:00, Central Norwegian Time?

2230 norwegian time ye.

You don't show up in my list of people to invite, do you have the ticket Hermie?

Yeah, didn't buy the ticket yet. I'll fix it when I log onto Dota before the draft, so save me a spot. 

Yeah, didn't buy the ticket yet. I'll fix it when I log onto Dota before the draft, so save me a spot. 

Awesome. Consider it saved! Then the league is full. 5 thumbers and one friend of Socker. 

So I played my first match against actual people today and I find myself really confused. The last part of the tutorial is to play 10 limited heroes matches against actual people. I got placed into such a match, choose Warlock because the rest of my team consisted of three carries and a Windranger and I figured we needed a support. We pretty much immediately had one person per side disconnect, their characters were taken over by bots, and for some reason the other side's vengeful spirit bot was invulnerable to damage. This forced us to basically abandon the bottom lane that was being pushed by an invincible bot lord and concentrate on the other two lanes. Somehow, we managed to break through mid at about the same time invincibot broke through bottom and we just barely destroyed their ancient first.

Is this as weird a first experience as it seemed to me? Should I expect to encounter a lot of these sorts of bugs?

So I got my invite exactly 2 minutes too late to be able to join the fantasy league. =/ So if there's anybody ELSE interested in trying this out, hit me up and I'll create my own much better fantasy league.

(You can join as many leagues as you want)

Pkirkner; Never seen that either, in fact, I've never seen a bot take over an abandoned player before, even in limited draft, so I wonder if this is a new thing they're still ironing out. Don't let it freak you out, I've never encountered a game-breaking bug before, and my impression so far is that bugs that interfere with the game are very rare, it's usually graphical glitches or damage math being calculated slightly wrong.

Edit: Just realized that Fantasy league is Lords Managers Management.

kirkner; Never seen that either, in fact, I've never seen a bot take over an abandoned player before, even in limited draft, so I wonder if this is a new thing they're still ironing out. Don't let it freak you out, I've never encountered a game-breaking bug before, and my impression so far is that bugs that interfere with the game are very rare, it's usually graphical glitches or damage math being calculated slightly wrong.

Yeah, I ended up playing something a bunch more games and haven't encountered any other issues.

I have made some poor decisions in my life but my fantasy team is by far the worst.

I am now last in the wizard league. Who picks Meepo against a team with Lich, SF and Sladar.

Nevertheless a impressive showing with the support Meepo.

Well, at least on of your players did not decide to not play. Thank you, FATA ;)

Team Goldblum is definitly not off to a good start.

Who has EGM? He is playing a farming doom in this game currently. Considering he is a support whoever has him on their team is going to be getting some serious points. 

s4 is however playing a support while his fantasy role is core, so I guess that is bad for whoever has him in their team. 

Edit:  Screenshot of our draft. :)

I have s4, however it's not my turn to play this week (as we're an uneven number of players). I hope he'll play carry next week again..

I have EGM in a league I found through the Giant Bomb channel, and also AdmiralBulldog, so my points are prrrretty good right now.

Also Kaci is coming back for TI4.

iMDQrVVucUDOK.gif

Best piece of information to come out of that AMA. Loved Kaci, she was great!

Hey guys , I have just started playing Dota 2 , i have got through the tutaorials and think i am ready to play online. Everytime i jump on though i am getting booted! does anyone have a any ideas about how i can get started in playing online?

Hey, how often do people from here get together to play? I just started lurking the forums here and have been joining the in game chat channel and someone added me to the DOTATODA guild, but I never seem to be on when people are chatting or forming parties. Would love to get some reliable teams of coolguys to play some Dota.

Hey, how often do people from here get together to play? I just started lurking the forums here and have been joining the in game chat channel and someone added me to the DOTATODA guild, but I never seem to be on when people are chatting or forming parties. Would love to get some reliable teams of coolguys to play some Dota.

If it's anything like other chat channels or guilds I've participated in for Dota, I would suggest just initiating things on your end.  People may not be actively trying to form a group, but they are often receptive to someone doing the work for them.  I apologize to the regulars if that's bad advice in this context, but in my experiences to date it's been effective.

Speaking of which, I'm always looking for new people to play with - it's one of the reasons why I decided to finally create an account on these forums.  So, if someone is looking to add another body to a party, feel free to send me a steam invite (I think I should be able to set up a signature with my steam info after I post this).  For context, I'm slightly over .500 and fast approaching 1200 matches played.  I've got a 3600 rating solo and 3200 in party matchmaking.  I'm happy to play any role, though I end up playing a lot of mid and solo offlane with the folks I regularly play with.  That being said, I finally did my solo ranked calibration recently and played support 8 out of 10 matches - I also went 10-0, which I was quite pleased with.  I'm willing to play with just about any skill level, but obviously the closer we are, the more satisfying the match is for all parties. 

I'm just watching the Cloud9 vs MYM game and hope so much that no one in our league has unicorn. He currently has 830 last hits, and there is no end in sight...

Ugh what an obtuse guild system.  I have no way of finding the DOTATODA guild or having access to anything about it or who runs it so whoever that may be, assuming the guild is still active, can you invite me?  Steam name is my username.

Ugh what an obtuse guild system.  I have no way of finding the DOTATODA guild or having access to anything about it or who runs it so whoever that may be, assuming the guild is still active, can you invite me?  Steam name is my username.

the best way to get invite is idle in the chat channel "idlethumbs" and ask everyonce and a while for a guild invite.  someone will notice with officer rights and will add in

ive been trying to play with new people outside of my usual 3-6 friends, hope to see you on!