Brannigan

DOTA 2

They mean the summoner spells. You can pick any two to being into battle. The default is to taKe Flash, which is a short range instant teleport on a ~3 min cool down iirc. It acts as a sort if get out

Of jail free card for squishes, at the start of the game, and often a gank will be carried out just to force the hero to burn it to make the next gank succeed. The other spell chosen depends on the character/role. There is stuff like a heal, shield, cleanse etc, and of course a spell for junglers to secure objectives.

Yep. It is a completely awful system. LoL is LoL, dota is dota, and that is fine. Don't bring that m-o-b-a garbage to dota please. Don't even SAY IT. 

The latest League season also added a trinket slot that you could see as a sort of selectable ability.

Also less Video game tribalism please.

Also less video game tribalism please.

I guess if that's what you think this is, cool.

I guess if that's what you think this is, cool.

Feel free to interpret that as a pre-emptive/general request.

You know, I'm done with this game, but would come back gladly while waiting for Titanfall, in almost a month : ( , to launch "For Realzies".

But Valve doesn't change shit about the game, and that's boring. I want new items, new actual items I can buy in the game proper so I can find new builds for characters I like. I want them to put out new actual game modes like Lol does so I can switch up how I play. I want them to include power customization so I can swap out ults or other powers like Lol does or HOTS is going to do.

But they don't. Every few months its just "Here's this fun throaway game mode for a week or two." And if you're lucky there might be a new once every few months, which may or may not change the game at all depending on if anyone actually uses them or if their good or etc.

Icefrog seems too conservative to change anything for real, and no my spare time will be spent looking for other games to play while I await Titanfall.

You've played all the heroes to death? Try this then http://ponky.org/~ropedy/DC/divine_courage.php?main

Ugh. Wasn't going to go for this post but fuck it, I don't understand Frenetic Pony's post at all.

I plain just don't understand how you think you have tried all builds possible for Lords you like. Are you playing Drow and Sniper exclusively? Some Lords have a more limited pool of items than others. Drow is an example of this. Bounty Hunter, QoP, most support heroes, Viper, Alchemists are good examples of the opposites. You can build anything on QoP and it will be good. I've heard my LoL playing peasant friends talk about their "main", at which point I say "what in the fuck are you talking about?". Play more Lords. Play all random. Play all Lords. Learn how items work. Use items on heroes where they are not in the guide because fuck guides you know what's up. 

Why do you want change? What would that change be? The game changes by itself even without patches. New strategies, item builds, hero compositions are discovered. I am genuinely curious about what you meant here. 

Seriously, please stop this. It's not doing anyone any favours.

No offense was meant. 

No offense was meant.

Yeah, I got that (or thought I did) from the tone, but this (LoMa comparisons) is one of those areas where everyone tends to get super long toes so I believe it's really best to try and refrain from this sort of thing.

Sorry if I came off snappy, I didn't really take the proper time to frame that post.

...everyone tends to get super long toes...

First Dota 2 thread post from me, to ask if this is an idiom somewhere? I'm super curious.

Ha! You know, I just figured out that's a Dutchism I somehow slipped in. I guess it's comprehensible though, since CLWheeljack got it. Sorry :)

Ha! You know, I just figured out that's a Dutchism I somehow slipped in. I guess it's comprehensible though, since CLWheeljack got it. Sorry :)

No worries, it's not a bad thing. I just love idioms and "long toes" is great.

Guys. 

Anyone want to join my Asus ROG Dreamleague Season 1 fantasy league? There is room for 5 more dudes. I have no idea how it works but I think you need to own the Asus Rog DreamLeague season 1 ticket to participate. 

Guys. 

Anyone want to join my Asus ROG Dreamleague Season 1 fantasy league? There is room for 5 more dudes. I have no idea how it works but I think you need to own the Asus Rog DreamLeague season 1 ticket to participate. 

Maybe.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to purchase that ticket.

I was gonna ask here if people are interested, sounds like it could be fun. (especially as it's a Swedish tournament, so I can actually watch the matches at a regular time)

Guys. 

Yeah, I'd be up for that. 

Add me on steam! I am njoos there. I will add you to the league then. The ticket isnt fully implemented yet, but it is going to work as a compendium. Whatever that means. If you are unsure you may as well wait a bit. I like Dreamleague so I bought it. 

Invite sent, I go by blairone on steam.

I already bought the ticket the day before yesterday. Jumped on it immediately after the great kick-off season.

i just

lost

six games of dota in a row

and then won the seventh

which lasted 64 minutes

i have played entirely too much dota tonight, but i had to win one

and i did

dota and i are going to see other people

Guys. 

I'll get in on that. Send me an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/proximas/