Brannigan

DOTA 2

phoeniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix

PHOENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX

aw yeah

Also Shadow Fiend is removed from the test client. Another remodeling event like Wraith Knight?

I am so psyched for this patch! Phoenix looks really cool, though I have no frame of reference since I never played DotA1, but the changes to already existing heroes are crazy. The Lion and Meepo ult buffs are insane!

I don't know when you last played WC3 (and also I never played it), but I do know Phoenix has been reworked a lot in the past.

Also her ult seems mostly useless unless you have like an enigma or a Tide with a refresher or a Magnus to ult and push them into the supernova. It takes an excruciatingly long time to actually go off (though it does have a 1000 radius, so there's that), and only FIVE ATTACKS TO STOP at level 1. Ten attacks at level 3, when everyone's gonna have faster attack speed anyway. Any marginally coordinated team is going to be able to stop it pretty easily. Might be good bait, though.

ALL OF THIS FROM TWENTY MINUTES IN A BOT GAME SO WHAT THE FUCK DO I KNOW, REALLY

I kind of really hate Ability Draft. I wanted a fun distracting side mode to the game of Dota, but instead I get yet another 40 minute commitment that's basically the same game except extremely unbalanced. The unbalanced factor doesn't bother me, really. I just wish it had a different shell. A shorter, single-lane game mode, maybe, like LoL's ARAM? Also, while we're at it, throw in ARAM, Valve. Cool, thanks.

Bleh. I'm so disappointed that I don't like the mode. ):

In happier news: 

Fucking love this. U:

Played one of the most stressful games I have in a long time last night. We were doing a stupid strategy (red gems in the character's heads) against a fairly standard lineup. We were just fucking about throwing out awful puns. Then they take Roshan at level one, at this point we panic but keep our cool. I'm playing Mirana in the offlane against Alchemist who starts at level 3 with an aegis, a significant advantage, I proceed to play incredibly safely with as much harass as I can afford to. Somehow I keep up with Alch, who should be destroying me. Lion ends up taking first blood mid then rotates top and we destroy Alch, immediately following this my internet drops, my team paused and the other team are happy to wait. 

The other team takes Rosh again, at this point we are terrified as Alch can slaughter us as he is so far ahead with his farm, we continue pushing down towers and splitting them up to prevent any more advantage on the other teams side. This continues until we can take the 3rd Rosh, and cheese, we pull off a few decent team fights and then are able to claw the victory for ourselves.

Dota is the best game!! 

http://dotabuff.com/matches/494116224

Tried Terrorblade, was pretty fun.  Best was when magnus tried to charge me to finish me off and I swapped his health with mine then punched him.

Edit: Also swapping hp with abbadon after his ult has been activated

Tried Terrorblade, was pretty fun. Best was when magnus tried to charge me to finish me off and I swapped his health with mine then punched him.

Edit: Also swapping hp with abbadon after his ult has been activated

Terrorblade is a blast not just because you can induce complete and utter rage in the all-chat but because he is a late game scaling carry with jungling, tower-pushing and early fighting capabilities. He's one of my favorites to play right now in safe lane, although the other team calling imbalanced does get rather old.

You know, I'm done with this game, but would come back gladly while waiting for Titanfall, in almost a month : ( , to launch "For Realzies".

But Valve doesn't change shit about the game, and that's boring. I want new items, new actual items I can buy in the game proper so I can find new builds for characters I like. I want them to put out new actual game modes like Lol does so I can switch up how I play. I want them to include power customization so I can swap out ults or other powers like Lol does or HOTS is going to do.

But they don't. Every few months its just "Here's this fun throaway game mode for a week or two." And if you're lucky there might be a new once every few months, which may or may not change the game at all depending on if anyone actually uses them or if their good or etc.

Icefrog seems too conservative to change anything for real, and no my spare time will be spent looking for other games to play while I await Titanfall.

Icefrog seems too conservative to change anything for real

Huh, never heard anyone say that before.

Huh, never heard anyone say that before.

Well... Lol has what, 2 new actual game modes now? Dota 2 has 0. Other LOMA's let you switch out abilities for characters, but DOTA doesn't.

I'd just like variety, something new to try. But all I've seen from Dota when I was playing it, and what I know now, is that it's always just a new hero once in a while maybe and a new throw away game mode. I'm sure the uberfans with no lives love to rant and rave about the balance changes, or whatever. But that's not an actual change so far as I'm concerned.

Actually, the balance stuff is what I like given it's often major changes or complete ability reworks. I'll give Lol that it's aram mode is better though.

Not an uber fan, I play maybe once a month if that.

But that's not an actual change so far as I'm concerned.

I can see why you hate video games, then.

EDIT: OH GOD WORST I DON'T WANT MY STUPID THING TO BE THE FIRST THING ON THE NEW PAGE

WORST

i wasn't being serious

EDIT EDIT: To actually be serious! Valve is working on a custom map system to allow players to build their own fame modes. They've built the last two game modes using that, and even released some of the Lua code used for those modes. I am a bit wary about how much those custom modes will actually be picked up without matchmaking to support them, but I'm hoping valve will treat the custom modes like they do TF2 stuff. Who knows.

Also I'd argue Valve is much more willing to experent than Riot. That's what all of th ESE things are. Experiments! Riot's dominion mode is cool, but that's really the only new type of game mode they've released. 3v3 is still just 5v5 scaled down. I want that, don't get me wring, but just because valves experiments are less permanent doesn't make them any less valid.

Eye em oh.

Other LOMA's let you switch out abilities for characters, but DOTA doesn't.

I don't understand this statement, Dota added a whole game mode that's this, and League doesn't have it at all. Unless you mean the summoner abilities in which case I don't know what to say, when I played League I thought they didn't add anything since you basically had one skill and flash. That was a while ago, maybe they've changed stuff.

Nah, it's still just one skill and flash, because if you don't have flash, the enemy will, and good luck dealing with that... And none of the other skills are actually interesting.

And once again, Dota wins the Dota vs Lol debate in the dota2 thread. 

I didn't mean to start a debate, I think everything else he said was fair enough, but I just didn't understand what swapping out abilities was referring to (I haven't played since I think before Season 1 so there could be new stuff I don't know about).