Brannigan

DOTA 2

It left the game installed for me, but disconnect me and another random guy in my game last night every 3-4 minutes declaring that I did not have a user account. He wasn't as quick to reconnect as me and eventually accumulated 5 mins of offline and got listed as a leaver.

Dang. I had no problems. X:

New Broodmother is exceptionally annoying, as expected. Get soul ring, stand in trees, spam nuke until they have to leave, push tower. I had to keep telling my team, "Just ignore her. She'll go away." They kept trying to kill her in the trees, on the cliffs, etc., and that just wasn't gonna happen. We eventually won because she couldn't lay down webs fast enough to keep up with our push. :D

The happenings over in /r/volvo have been amusing. 

first the /r/dota guys were all: http://www.reddit.com/r/Volvo/comments/1pp74t/wtf_volvo_why_no_diretide/ 

then volvo went all: https://twitter.com/volvocarsglobal/statuses/396626888442933248

then valve was all: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/11/not-my-best-work/

then the /r/dota guys were all: http://www.reddit.com/r/Volvo/comments/1q7og8/based_volvo/

I've gotten to the point where when I'm playing by myself I go through the same cycle of queuing something other than AP and then losing, and then the next game queuing AP, picking Furion and winning.  I feel like a huge jerk when I do it too because the reason I pick Furion specifically is so I can play the game solo.  I used to do it with Tinker, but with him you have to actually play in a lane (I hate ancients and jungling is really bad now with the small camp move).  Also Ursa used to be a go to hero when I wanted to just win, I've never lost with him out of like 14-15 games, but now I can't jungle him either.  It's like Valve doesn't want to support my solo play-style.  Why can't they just let me play PvE if I want to?

when i'm listening to music or a podcast i will play a bot game as furion, literally playing PvE dota

Earth Spirit Best Spirit

He's gonna be hard, but he's my favorite. Been waiting for him for a while. So hard. So much to keep track of!

Is he a new champ or was he in dota already? I can't recall reading about him!

He reads more like a LoL champ to me, but more hardcore since it is dota! Looking forward to failing misrably on him:D

I can't believe they delayed the venerable Diretide for that update.  I expected at least Half Life 3 for the pain and suffering I went through from not being able to play a mode I never bothered with the first time around!

I can't believe they delayed the venerable Diretide for that update.  I expected at least Half Life 3 for the pain and suffering I went through from not being able to play a mode I never bothered with the first time around!

You should have played it to learn how shitty it was!

Butzomg free stuffz.

That earth guy looks more and more interesting the more i look at his skills.

Would anyone want to do that coaching thing with me? I've been wanting to try and learn DOTA 2 forever, but the intimidating nature of every single story I hear re: learning DOTA has put me off. 

I can't believe they delayed the venerable Diretide for that update. I expected at least Half Life 3 for the pain and suffering I went through from not being able to play a mode I never bothered with the first time around!

They didn't delay it for the update, they weren't going to do it at all until people got mad.

Also Ember Spirit has been in WC3 Dota for a while, he was super broken when he came out, not sure if he's been changed since I haven't followed changes to heroes not in Dota 2. Apparently Earth Spirit is also super over powered, but since he was just added in December I haven't tried him personally.

Would anyone want to do that coaching thing with me? I've been wanting to try and learn DOTA 2 forever, but the intimidating nature of every single story I hear re: learning DOTA has put me off. 

Sure I can 

You should have played it to learn how shitty it was!

Whoa calm your beard Diretide is a lot of fun and I don't know why they don't make it a permanent mode.

Sure I can 

Is this meant to be some sort of a sick joke?

They didn't delay it for the update, they weren't going to do it at all until people got mad.

Also Ember Spirit has been in WC3 Dota for a while, he was super broken when he came out, not sure if he's been changed since I haven't followed changes to heroes not in Dota 2. Apparently Earth Spirit is also super over powered, but since he was just added in December I haven't tried him personally.

jokes! I know, just ridiculous people got so bent out of shape over it