Brannigan

DOTA 2

Oh believe me, I'm not a good pudge at all, but once I've gone 1-10 I usually am smart enough to stay out of the way at least.

Wow why did I never jungle tinker before, it's so good. It's like batrider where you go in to the jungle and farm 1-2 camps while stacking another and you get 10-15 minute BoTs, soul ring and bottle.

Gold for ending a spree changed from 75->600 (3x->10x) to 125->1000

75->600?! You gotta be kidding me! Those fucking pieces of shit are ruining DOTA2. Nice going nazi valve.

75->600?! You gotta be kidding me! Those fucking pieces of shit are ruining DOTA2. Nice going nazi valve.

ded gaem, volvo disband?

Just finally getting to reading these patch notes. What's the point of the Buyback change? Were people really using it to just go and farm more?

Edit: Hmm, using an item or ability to commit suicide when you have a x10 spree seems like a good idea.

Edit2: And jungling took a major hit. No sweat off my back because I never did it much anyway.

Is that because of character specific buffs being stronger than the overall jungling XP nerfs on those characters, or am I misreading something in the patch notes?

Edit: Hmm, using an item or ability to commit suicide when you have a x10 spree seems like a good idea.

That seems a bit extreme. How many items/heros have the ability to suicide? I think Bloodstone does, right? And Pudge, of course. Anything else?

I guess you can die to a neutral. But if you got 10x kills, things are probably rolling for your team, I'd think. If things aren't, then you're really carrying them and you'd lose money/time that could be used for gaining xp/gold/kills.

Yeah, but 1000 gold could pretty easily swing the balance back the other way. Watching Crispy (who is one of the folks playing with Brad over at Giant Bomb) he routinely gets up to 5+ kills in a row. He was already getting nervous about dying and giving up too much gold after the last streak breaker gold buff. I can't imagine what it would feel like to run around with a 1000 gold bounty on your head.

Is that because of character specific buffs being stronger than the overall jungling XP nerfs on those characters, or am I misreading something in the patch notes?

I think the reason DS and Bat take a hit is because they're all about killing a ton of creeps at once - stacking, and using ion shell/firefly. Those others he mentioned focus more on taking out a single camp at a time. Since HP of the Big Creeps was nerfed WHILE XP overall was nerfed... Chen/Ench/NP/etc. probably end up leveling at about the same pace, given the slightly increased speed of kills, and a slightly decreased speed of XP gain, all while still gaining gold a bit faster (since big camps are easier to kill). Meanwhile, DS and Bat get less XP, same amount of gold.

I hope that made sense. U:

I'm nowhere near experienced enough for these patch notes to seem that scary to me, but I hope people give them the benefit of the doubt.  Reading through them it doesn't seem like they intended to nerf things outright, but balance the heroes in relation to other changes they were making to XP and gold.  There were a few things like IO's change that looked like direct nerfs, but the rest probably were just in reaction to the other changes.

I dunno forbin, these was this one guy ona forum saying that they have ruined his favourite character. 4eva.

I love that all patches seem to be in favor of changing up the meta, making it more diverse

Any chance we'll get a Dota Today episode with the new patch? Or is that side project just completely dead?

What. Are they playing pro games on the test client? Or did they sneak the patch into the main client without me noticing?

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE THE LATTER.