Brannigan

DOTA 2

So I from the 20 ish games I've played so far, having a voice chat system built into the game has not once been helpful. The only time I every hear people use it is when it's people that get angry and start yelling in their mic complaining about foreigners and calling people niggers and/or faggots. I just had a 40 minute game where our mid started feeding and wouldn't shut up about how it was all the stupid foreigners ruining the game and how free games sucked because poor foreigners played them and ruined them for everyone. It's good to see the DotA community has stayed strong.

Edit: Also, the guy he was talking to was Australian...

Wow, the only issue I've ever had was people refusing to use it, even listen to it. Had a guy complain about my lane never calling MIA. He didn't hear it because he had voice off and refused to accept it was his own fault for doing that.

I rarely have issues with people actually using the mic.

It's when I get comments like "I have sound off" or "I don't have speakers" that I rage.

NS is completely unstoppable at night. That is all. Even my scrub ass was pulling off triple kills tonight with him

hehe I doubted the info too, but I was wondering if force staff worked particualrly well with invokers skills in some way

Copying Dendi's builds is a recipe for disaster. It's hard for us mere mortals to tell if he is just trolling or just going balls to the walls.

He won a tournament game once by building a crystalys on earth shaker.

So I just randomly checked my Steam library and DOTA2 is now there, uninstalled. Does that mean I have a key? I didn't get an email or anything.

EDIT: Checked my transactions. I've had a key for a month without knowing :( Anyway, see some of you in game!

my new favorite hobby is using force staff on pudge to get people trapped on ledges so they have to use the courier to fly themselves a tp scroll if they dont have one. I'm mean.

my new favorite hobby is using force staff on pudge to get people trapped on ledges so they have to use the courier to fly themselves a tp scroll if they dont have one. I'm mean.

People who don't have a tp scroll on them at all times are really awful and deserve to get stuck.

http://www.own3d.tv/NatusVincere#/watch/625197 Na'Vi Dendi doing some commentating on two games they played. Pretty interesting, and funny.

Running in to get tower aggro and Tide hunter aggro isn't the best idea. Nothing much to report on the whitewash of a game, but i was rather proud of my escape at the hands of my own cyclone:D

5s6WL-biToM

Music is loud, it was the first time i frapsed anything and didn't know it would play the music too.

Edited by dibs

I bought pirate Tidehunter. I am not ashamed. I might also buy the kraken shell 'cause it's boss and doesn't overlap with any of the pirate items.

And then I opened a chest. I am a little ashamed. I got a strange Juggernaut mask. (The best Juggernaut mask!)

I also got a DK shield drop. But all of DK's shit is uuuuugly. ]; Also I hate DK.

I'm definitely going to drop money on DotA 2 stuff on occasion, since there a couple heroes I play constantly, but I think for now I'll just give Valve a "good job!" sort of tithing and grab the badger courier and a couple keys.

Oh the heroes that have items the only ones I play are Kunka and Witch Doctor and while I like some of the Kunka stuff I like how he look normally a lot already so if I get a drop cool, if not I'm fine. WD I don't really like the items, I don't know if theyre in the store yet, I don't remember seeing them, but they were in Cyborgmatts blog post.

Oh the heroes that have items the only ones I play are Kunka and Witch Doctor and while I like some of the Kunka stuff I like how he look normally a lot already so if I get a drop cool, if not I'm fine. WD I don't really like the items, I don't know if theyre in the store yet, I don't remember seeing them, but they were in Cyborgmatts blog post.

The current WD stuff is the gift for upgrading to premium, in other words spending any money on the DotA store. Which upgrades your backpack from 50 slots to 500 I might add, so if you get a chest it may be advantageous to just drop five bucks on a couple keys for the added storage space. Or get an adorable plush squid.

I equipped the DK shield I got and it looks like a child's plaything so now I kind of like it because it's so ridiculous.

I found a crazy hat for axe. Check out the Steam workshop for dota2 also. There are some crazy and weird things there now. Including very scantily clad female invoker so beware if you are at work or something I guess.

A friend of mine bought me the Stumpy courier. O: O:

yesss

I bought a couple of Kunkka items because peg-leg, bandana, hook hand Kunkka is the only kind of Kunkka I ever wanna be.

In the last game I played Chen farmed a divine rapier in 20 minutes and completely changed everything about a typical match. We lost in the end but held the rapier for most of the time and I would have loved to hear the kind of filth Chen was being subjected to.

huh, 3 more heroes coming out next week, guess they're really pushing to get things out?

Don't get used to it.

Listen, don't dash my hopes of episode 3 coming out the week after. Actually I just found it odd they're pushing 3 out, usually it's just 1. Hell I still haven't played the last couple that came out. Haven't played a ton of dota 2 in the last few weeks

Well Chaos Knight has basically bee done for a while and Phantom Assassin very close so it's only weird in the sense that I'd expect them to have all three finished, but then release 1 a week for 3 weeks in a ow just to stagger the new content.

So I just found out that even if you leave games you still get item drops in bot matches. I wonder if this will end up like idle farming servers in TF2.

Edit: So I wanted to see if this actually worked so today I started a bot game, randomed a hero and then bought a courier and a bottle for my team, dropped them and diconnected. People rage all the time when they dont get heroes they like so I don't think my team was supprise. I started watching a Euro 2012 game and came back at half time to see I had ~50-60 more Battle Points and a helmet for Omni in my inventory. It seems like the simplest thing to disable items and BPs for bot games...

Check out the latest blog post on dota2.com. Is this an Idle Thumbs reference? I just heard Chris & co refer to the term LoMa while listening to Idle Thumbs 80 this morning.

Lord Magnataur’s office (also known as LOMA) would like you all to know that Centaur Warrunner’s abundance of horns is all a show and that one is enough.

- http://blog.dota2.com/2012/10/twice-the-horns/

Okay, I just got a DOTA 2 code from Doug (thanks, Doug!) and now I want to quickly become a superior master of DOTA 2. If you could give me just one piece of advice on how to quickly become one, what would it be? Just jump in? Read up first? On what? Where? Where do I start? Do I have to read this whole thread?