Brannigan

DOTA 2

I just looked at the new lion face for the first time today, I do not like it.

I love the new Lion model. I hope there are a bevy of incoming reworks, because now Brewmaster, Phantom Lancer and Lion are crazily more detailed than everyone else.

New Lion face is so goddamn ugly.

damn twig you're good man. That was a sick leshrac triple kill. DOn't know how you pulled that off with just one nice stun

You say I'm good but you should've seen the game I just played as Lion. I don't know why, because he's exactly the right kind of hero for me, but I just fucking suck with him.

It's deff the face that's making you bad with him

I wish but I've always been terrible with him. ):

JUst had a great game as Clinkz, playing him as a DPS carry. It's so fun stealing in on those squishy supports that are distracted in lane, silencing them and dropping them before they even know whats going on.

Seriously, I never play well as Lion, and always end up raging and doing shit like this. But only if we're very obviously winning, of course! I always try until the end (even though I often say I'm quitting). 1-9-5 on a winning team is just not a good score though. And it's not even the score that matters. It's just so frustrating when you're always target numero uno, and even if you wait for the teamfight to start and then come in a few seconds late, they always switch to you and kill you first, and Lion doesn't have long enough range to stay out of the fights effectively and and and ughhhhh.

:D

I thought lion was basically "buy dagon, win game"

He can get shut down pretty hard by silence or things that make his ult + dagon damage trivial (pipe, hood, heart). Having two disables is pretty incredible, but if you're even slightly out of position people will happily punish you by nuking you into oblivion before you can get those disables off.

You only ever buy Dagon on Lion if it's a stomp.

ahh I've only played him once I think. Sounds kinda like shadow shaman on the whole everyone wants to murder you front.

I mean the problem with Dagon is that there are better items for the team. Mek, Pipe, Drum, whatever. Get more disables with Eul's or sheep.

Dagon gets you kills. Lion isn't a carry; he's a ganker/support.

I mean the problem with Dagon is that there are better items for the team. Mek, Pipe, Drum, whatever. Get more disables with Eul's or sheep.

Dagon gets you kills. Lion isn't a carry; he's a ganker/support.

People should never do things to help the team, that's just crazy talk

I get 6 divine rapiers no matter who I play, I don't understand why you guys get all those other items, its stupid. If I a support I'll buy a chicken before my first rapier though, I'm not a dick.

P.S. Stats are a crutch.

Edited by TheLastBaron

in a game I had the other night, someone mentioned some kind of strategy by a player dendi involving a force staff on invoker? I couldn't find information anywhere. Anyone know what this guy was talking about?

in a game I had the other night, someone mentioned some kind of strategy by a player dendi involving a force staff on invoker? I couldn't find information anywhere. Anyone know what this guy was talking about?

Possibilities include:

- Don't listen to him. Anyone who says "You know, pro player X did this so so will I!" is an idiot.

- Force-staffing someone into a rolling meatball (chaos meteor). A better way to do this is Deafening Blast but sometimes you haven't leveled Wex. (In which case why are you using meatball, work that Snap/Spirits combo.)

- I really don't know. He doesn't synergize particularly well with it, apart from the way in which all people can use force staff. Which is to say, be an unkillable jerk. (Or sacrifice friends/troublesome teammates on the bloody altar of the enemy team.)

Dendi is the mid player for Na'Vi, the best dota 2 team in the world. I'm pretty sure that guy you played with watched his games so he knows how to play just as good as him so you should listen to whatever he says.

hehe I doubted the info too, but I was wondering if force staff worked particualrly well with invokers skills in some way

So I from the 20 ish games I've played so far, having a voice chat system built into the game has not once been helpful. The only time I every hear people use it is when it's people that get angry and start yelling in their mic complaining about foreigners and calling people niggers and/or faggots. I just had a 40 minute game where our mid started feeding and wouldn't shut up about how it was all the stupid foreigners ruining the game and how free games sucked because poor foreigners played them and ruined them for everyone. It's good to see the DotA community has stayed strong.

Edit: Also, the guy he was talking to was Australian...