Brannigan

DOTA 2

If ever you solo queue in a DotA-like game, random. Random and enjoy yourself. Build something out there, do crazy things (but not stupid things). It'll alleviate what may be a frustrating experience because of idiots.

Until I random Doombringer.

I fucking hate Doombringer.

dominion is great for the random lock too, because it's also much shorter

Except for that fact that Dominion is terrible. But hey, don't let that stop you I guess.

Dominion rocks so that's how I know you're lyin'. :fart:

I'm ok with dominion, usually only play it when invited to it though, and we all random of course. I will say I did do a random 5v5 once. 4 of us were premade. We ended up with all AP characters and the 5th guy caught on and randomed too...into an AP character. So rather than building all normal we just built like, tank veigar, and support swain, weird crap like that. We lost but it was pretty hilarious.

Until I random Doombringer.

I fucking hate Doombringer.

Doombringer doesn't bother me really. Shadowfiend does though, the way his abilities control is just terrible.

I'm ok with dominion, usually only play it when invited to it though, and we all random of course. I will say I did do a random 5v5 once. 4 of us were premade. We ended up with all AP characters and the 5th guy caught on and randomed too...into an AP character. So rather than building all normal we just built like, tank veigar, and support swain, weird crap like that. We lost but it was pretty hilarious.

I've said it before, but building non-proscribed builds in LoL is a bad idea. That said, when you end up with nothing but bruisers with stuns and build nothing but cooldown and health regen, well... Tears were harvested that day.

I've said it before, but building non-proscribed builds in LoL is a bad idea. That said, when you end up with nothing but bruisers with stuns and build nothing but cooldown and health regen, well... Tears were harvested that day.

Oh, we went in this fully knowing it was terrible, part of the fun

I don't really agree, there are certainly builds on certain champions that aren't viable at all, but if you know what you're doing you can make a lot of builds work. I mean, what specific items you buy aren't that flexible in the sense that there will be a best item set for AP "champion x" or jungle "champion y" but a lot of champions can be played in multiple roles and built different ways and you can be very successful if you have a solid understanding of the game mechanics, especially at low/non-competitive levels of play. Examples are AP Tristana mid, Miss Fortune jungle, AP Blitzcrank mid, support Nasus, or pretty much anyone as support.

I've been trying to learn Sniper lately. He's capable of doing so much damage but he's so damn squishy

Sniper is... there are better choices if you want to be a ranged carry.

Sniper is... there are better choices if you want to be a ranged carry.

What Twig is trying to be delicate about is that Sniper is a shit character. A lot of people will tell you that X character is terrible because spurious Y reason, but Sniper is unequivocally terrible. Do not play him.

yeah that

(although i do have fun with him from time to time)

Just did a random and rolled Chen and actually had a really good game. I initially thought he sucked, but if you get good at managing a small army all with different abilities, he can completely owned. I even managed to get an assist on a gank using the troll warlord to capture the opposing hero in a net while my teamate killed him, while my hero wasn't even there

Chen is amazing in the right hands.

My hands are not the right hands.

Chen is amazing in the right hands.

My hands are not the right hands.

This is how I feel about most of the Dota 2 heroes so far, but I'm gradually figuring it all out. That said I've been out of the country the past week and am still not back yet... hopefully I haven't completely lost my mojo when I get back.

How good is witch doctor? He was my favorite hero in dota, I probably played 50% of all my games with him. Is he a popular pick at all?

at the moment it's just a direct port of Dota afaik, so he will be as good as ever. At the level i'm playing, any day where my deaths is less than my assists is a good day...i didn't manage that on witch doctor.

How good is witch doctor? He was my favorite hero in dota, I probably played 50% of all my games with him. Is he a popular pick at all?

He's no Dazzle (but who is?!) but yeah, Witch Doctor in the right hands, ie. you can cask properly and aren't stupid about your ult placement, will still destroy entire teams.

Yeah I'd say WD is still viable. :devil:

L2gjT.jpg

Witch Doctor best support.

Witch Doctor best support.

I hope you spammed that in /a:P

Me and patters won a game where our inhibitor was half dead and they had their mid barracks and 2 inhibitor towers still up. Pretty epic even if it did take over an hour! I thought i was very clever getting refresher orb on shadow shaman until i discovered that i didn't have enough mana to ult -> refresh and then ult again.

No radiance on WD? Not shiny enough.

I had the pieces to my Stone in my stash, and my next item was going to be a Blink. No Radiance on WD. :(

The metagame is very different because of the limited hero pool, so WD is not picked up much outside of public matchmaking as far as I'm aware.

Speaking of metagame there are quite a lot of tournaments going on now if people want to see some serious dota2. There is a stream going live in 4 hours over here http://www.joindota.com/en/start. Normally something going on there every day.

For players stream you could watch dendi (although don't copy any item builds from him), moonmeander, LINK, Rexi, Trixi, Loda, Demon, Fogged, wagamama, etc. Both Joindota and teamliquid has a list of live streams. Dendi is really entertaining to watch (see: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315942 for more info) and his stream has up to 10k viewers most days.

Edited by nj00s

SingSing is the only streamer worth watching because he is entertaining. Actually I've heard Moonmeander is similarly entertaining but have yet to catch him.

This is the best place for your streaming needs: http://streamdota2.com/

I had the pieces to my Stone in my stash, and my next item was going to be a Blink. No Radiance on WD. :(

NOT. SHINY. ENOUGH.

e: wow i only just now realized angry-tomato-face is equivalent to sad-text-face