Brannigan

DOTA 2

Got stuck with Lycan today, was actually pretty fun despite having to get used to controlling pets. Me and my friend did well but the rest of the team screwed us unfortunately.

Do lycan's pets stay strong enough to use late game, or should you just use them to scout at that point?

Do lycan's pets stay strong enough to use late game, or should you just use them to scout at that point?

Lycan is one of those heroes where, if you are left alone enough to farm for X minutes, by X minutes into the game you have a practically guaranteed win. Always be using his wolves to hunt and kill people.

Yea, plus by the end the cd on wolves is low enough to just use it up even if they die. Plus all of his abilities make them do more dmg

I much prefer the gridview shop in dota2 over HoN and LoL shops. I have quite a lot of games played though, so I usually know what I'm going to buy before I do. I don't "browse" the shop for items to buy.

Enable unified unit orders in the Game -> General settings if you haven't. Then you can just CTRL + click with Lycan, and win the game.

Also, pressing Spacebar will move the camera to the previous ping on the minimap.

Edited by nj00s

I much prefer the gridview shop in dota2 over HoN and LoL shops. I have quite a lot of games played though, so I usually know what I'm going to buy before I do. I don't "browse" the shop for items to buy.

Enable unified unit orders in the Game -> General settings if you haven't. Then you can just CTRL + click with Lycan, and win the game.

Also, pressing Spacebar will move the camera to the previous ping on the minimap.

Unless you are me and remapped it to your champion.

I just set control groups so I could use them to scout/harass easily.

I have a couple friends who would quite like to play, but if actual Thumbs wish to claim them first that's ok.

yea I'll give thumbs and people in another community I post on first dibs, but if no one claims them in a few days your friends can have them. They are probably going to send everybody extra invites eventually.

I'm really liking Invoker currently. Changing stats on the fly is really really cool. Plus he is tanky enough that I could hold a lane solo vs 3 guys for a decent amount of time. Though they really need to add a surrender option.

yea gotta remember with those 2v1 and 3v1 lane situations, sometimes merely surviving and letting them push the creep wave is all thats important. They are getting a third of the experience you are, so if you hold that pattern long enough, your team will be ahead by the mid game.

Also one question for the vets, When you are in a multiple stun situation in a team fight, does each new ability start a new stun duration, or do the stun durations for the different abilities stack on top of each other?

Each starts a new stun. If you both stun at the same time then one is wasted.

Well I guess I might as well give those invites to your friends, no one I know is claiming them. PM me their steam names and I"ll send them

Still loosing, but sucking less. I'm amazed that Patters is able to play Imvoker without having a meltdown. I tried Lone Druid last night. I should have realised that i was going to suck having to control 2 units.

Really liking it. the community is far less poisonous than i had feared. In fact, even thouhg i've completly ruined a few games i've bearly had a peep shouted at me.

I'm still having issue with the interface at times, but i'll get over it.

Invoker is piss-easy once you have the spell combinations down to muscle memory. Or you cheat with hotkeying the combos. Which I would recommend while you learn him.

6/3/11 first game as Sillybear. Didn't even get my Radiance done, tore through them. Hell, all three of the deaths were avoidable, I just got in too deep during team fights. Going to definitely play more of him.

Has anyone tried to go for a necronomicon as lone druid yet? I haven't played a game with him yet but I'd imagine that damage bonus aura he has would work well with some extra minions on your side

Just for reference, when i select the donkey i usually end up shaking my mouse for around 15s trying to get him to detach somehow. i am chronically terrible at controlling more than one character. i will not be getting the necrominicon any time soon:P

Has anyone tried to go for a necronomicon as lone druid yet? I haven't played a game with him yet but I'd imagine that damage bonus aura he has would work well with some extra minions on your side

It's an extremely situational item. If you want to push their base really fast then sure get it, and especially if they have some invis hero you can shut down with it. If you can't get some barracks down by 30 minutes you are pretty much stuck with a 'bad' item on one of the most item dependent heroes there is. Lone druid is a very strong pusher even if you just go for the normal carry or tank items.

Just for reference, when i select the donkey i usually end up shaking my mouse for around 15s trying to get him to detach somehow. i am chronically terrible at controlling more than one character. i will not be getting the necrominicon any time soon:P

Pressing tab will cycle trough your creatures. You can create control groups, like you can in other RTS games (WC3, AoE, SC2), CTRL + 1 some selection then pressing 1 will re-select that selection. For summoned creatures I think the control groups stick around even if you re-summon your pets. Also go into the game options and enable Unified Unit Orders or whatever they call it. Then you can CTRL + do stuff and all the units you control will do it. If I have more than one unit I usually just ctrl + right click to get them all to attack the same thing.

It's an extremely situational item. If you want to push their base really fast then sure get it, and especially if they have some invis hero you can shut down with it. If you can't get some barracks down by 30 minutes you are pretty much stuck with a 'bad' item on one of the most item dependent heroes there is. Lone druid is a very strong pusher even if you just go for the normal carry or tank items.

Pressing tab will cycle trough your creatures. You can create control groups, like you can in other RTS games (WC3, AoE, SC2), CTRL + 1 some selection then pressing 1 will re-select that selection. For summoned creatures I think the control groups stick around even if you re-summon your pets. Also go into the game options and enable Unified Unit Orders or whatever they call it. Then you can CTRL + do stuff and all the units you control will do it. If I have more than one unit I usually just ctrl + right click to get them all to attack the same thing.

Control groups do indeed stay set for summoned creatures

Control groups do indeed stay set for summoned creatures

I feel I'm not being hyperbolic when I say "Best new RTS feature of the decade"

I feel I'm not being hyperbolic when I say "Best new RTS feature of the decade"

Oh yea I was incredibly relieved when I realized that playing Lycanthrope

I went back to play a few games of LoL today and felt oddly constrained by the mechanics. I was assuming that the lesser mana issues, more active spells and passives would make the LoL heroes more fun to play, but i just didn't enjoy it as much as Dota.

Might be just that dota2 is shiny and new.

Me and n0b have been playing LoL as a wind-down from the more tense and stressful Dota 2. It works pretty well when you decide from the random lock-in not to take it seriously.

If ever you solo queue in a DotA-like game, random. Random and enjoy yourself. Build something out there, do crazy things (but not stupid things). It'll alleviate what may be a frustrating experience because of idiots.