pabosher

Resident Evil 6: President Evil

A lot of the reviews didn't seem bad, there are just a few that are really awful, but a few respected outlets gave it a decent score... so not sure why the impression is that it's being panned across the board.

Played about an hour of it, died twice both through a combination of the unintuitive controls and bad camera. I'm sending it back tomorrow (rental) I just feel like the game would be a frustrating awkward slog.

RESIDENT

EVILLLL

FWvFpy9.jpg

I have no idea. Plays fine for me after some fiddling with the settings.

I gotta say, I'm having a blast with this. This totally hits the "so bad it's good" sweet spot for me. The shit these people say. Play it with a buddy though, because you gotta have someone to laugh with!

The camera got patched in Dec

Past patch review

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9116863

Crippling gameplay issues -- stemming from the default field-of-view -- absolutely mutilated all that Resident Evil 6 had to offer. The trademark over-the-shoulder perspective was back, but dialed in so close that the bodies of our characters swallowed up over a third of the screen.

This lead to players being ambushed from their peripheral, as well as causing the camera to jerk and jank when navigating through tight corridors, taking cover, evading and when initiating melee attacks -- completely negating every single stride, and coming dangerously close to being unplayable. 

In many ways, this quandary made Resident Evil 6's first title update feel like the real release date for the game.

After two months of scathing feedback from the Resident Evil fanbase, December 17th, 2012 marked the debut of the long-awaited title update that included all new camera options that permitted players to fine tune Resident Evil 6's field-of-view to their unobstructed liking, as well as unlocking Ada Wong's campaign -- the most well-rounded of the pack -- from the outset.

Maybe its time to jump back in, i didn't mind the Leon demo. But when i got my hands on the actual game that first Chris chapter was nye on unplayable

The Revelations port is still 2 months away

If you like shit and and the texture and consistency of shit and love (people turning into) monsters made out of shit, and you're only going to buy one game this year, RE6 has got you covered.

Liquid shit with big brown chunks like meatballs in a shit soup.

Im starting to get a real sense of it now. Can you describe the aroma to help me fill in the blank

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit everywhere.

otwXbOB.jpg

v8yO1x5.jpg

Not having played this game, this thread is a baffling, choice cut of entertainment.

Oh you don't know the half of shit. Play this with a cool dude if you get the chance. The game is absolutely terrible, but the polarity of its negative qualities are magically inverted when you have someone to share with. It's like someone is watching a parody of a parody of a bad action movie, but don't realise it's meant to be ridiculous, and then tries to imitate that, and then someone parodies that. There are explosions within explosions, caves upon caves upon labs upon chapels upon weird ice caves that have no place anywhere, and every time everything explodes you have to fake your own death and everyone is everyone else's secret blood relative. There are rooms with old laser statues. There are puzzles, but they're solved automatically in cut-scenes except when they're so bad you get to solve them yourself.

I have this on X360 if anyone fancies doing Co-Op on it. Also I have a HD PVR so I can record and screen cap elements for this thread's pleasure.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing that in some time in May as I am desperately looking for someone to Co-Op this with.