Scrobbs

PS Vita

They do! "Daily Grind" is a one-shot high score attempt on a date-seeded level. (Though according to the brief video I saw you're allowed to practice the level before your scoring run, which seems to defeat the purpose a little.)

I thought it might defeat the purpose as well until I thought about actual skateboarding where you would know the course your gonna shred on, and even if you practice you can still goof and get a terrible score. Also Hello there! New to these forums and my PSN is Mr_Klinck, add me! 

What I don't get is why Final Fantasy III isn't on sale, it's the only FInal Fantasy game I don't own because it wasn't on sale the last time Square has a sale too. Every other FF game is on sale, is there some reason for this? :|

Yeah, I just checked and it's true, it weird that FF III is the only one not on sale in Europe. Sure I could buy the US one, but switching accounts on a Vita is ten times more painful then on a PSP. I could just play it on my PSP though. XP

I thought it might defeat the purpose as well until I thought about actual skateboarding where you would know the course your gonna shred on, and even if you practice you can still goof and get a terrible score. Also Hello there! New to these forums and my PSN is Mr_Klinck, add me! 

This has happened to me a lot. Practice enough to get a practically perfect run, then one slightly early jump leads to a wipeout. So much fun. So frustrating. 

Apparently TxK, Jeff Minter's new Vita-exclusive thing, came out a couple days ago?

Another thing that almost makes me wish i had a Vita.

Tearaway really is the dog bollocks, and this is coming from someone who turned off LBP after an hour

It is pure joy. I'll probably do a proper write up when I finish it

Also thing to look forward to.. The PS4/PS3/PS Vita cross buy version of Fez (I really hope he's added in a little extra stuff, do you think that's completely unfeasible)

TxK might be... my favorite Vita game. Here's the soundtrack for people trying to decide if they should buy it: http://txk-ost.bandcamp.com/album/txk-the-original-soundtrack

I regret not giving Space Giraffe a shot. With a name like Space Giraffe, can you blame me?

Space Giraffe is probably a lot harder to get into, it's been a very divisive game. It's a very counter-intuitive game, while TxK is more explicitly a direct follow-up to Minter's Tempest 2000 and Tempest 3000.

Space Giraffe, though, is on both Steam and XBLA if you want to give it a shot. (The Steam version cuts back on some of the visuals and loses all the xbox memes, but has more levels.)

I regret not giving Space Giraffe a shot. With a name like Space Giraffe, can you blame me?

I feel like this is a trick question. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play a game named Space Giraffe?

Space Giraffe is probably a lot harder to get into, it's been a very divisive game. It's a very counter-intuitive game, while TxK is more explicitly a direct follow-up to Minter's Tempest 2000 and Tempest 3000.

So I've read: http://www.minotaurproject.co.uk/devblog/?p=74

Having not yet played it, I don't know which side of the divide I'd fall into.

I feel like this is a trick question. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play a game named Space Giraffe?

While playing TxK's bonus round, if there's one thing that woman's erotic moaning mixed with animal noises has taught me, it's to be more open-minded of...of... I can't finish the joke.  

This game look ridiculous. I had disregarded it as all the trailers are full of anime ladies wearing next to nothing. But now I can see what the actual gameplay is it looks really fun

Player One Podcast was praising the Deception games. I think Trapt, a PS2 classic which released a few days ago, is part of that series. 

TxK is absolutely fantastic. I'm terrible at it...but I keep coming back to it for the sheer madness an immersion I get from it. If you own a vita and have £5 you need TxK, even if it's just for the soundtrack.

Deception looks bonkers. When do I get to play it?

Bonkers commercials for Valhalla knight 3

Soooo, is S and M spanking mini games just the norm these days?

I've done about eleven hours. If you enjoyed 999/Virtue's Last Reward and the Ace Attorney games you should be playing it now too, it's very good indeed. The only complaint I have is that there are these AA-esque trial sections every so often which are very well done overall and mix it up nicely but the tutorial text for them is so awful you only work it out by failing a bunch of times. It's an instant restart but it's a wee bit clumsy in a game that otherwise does more than most visual novels to remove the shite, frustrating bits. It's funny, there's no backtracking, it doesn't let you miss a clue then wander aimlessly around looking for it, it's pretty slick.

I can't believe they put this and Toukiden out on the same day with Ys the following week, there have been no big retail Vita releases for ages then they shoot them all out together and expect me to fit them in before Dark Souls 2/Yoshi/Layton X Phoenix Wright.

I really want to give it a go, I just have two problems with it.

1) I hate Phoenix Wright games. They're so goofy and I find the whole thing annoying. The art style and mood of Denganronpa looks so different though. I loved VLR, so I'm definitely feeling like I'd enjoy this.

2) £35, really? Seems a little steep to me. 

Is it that much like Ace Attorney? 

1) Not like them in terms of the bits you don't like thankfully, just like them in the sense of there being trials where you need to disprove testimony and that. Low goofiness volume throughout.

2) Woaft :( It was a fiver less from Amazon at launch but it's nearer £35 there now too.

That's cool. The trial parts of AA were brilliant. I just loathed the art style and campiness of the whole thing. I'll definitely pick it up when it's a bit lower.

So Luftrausers...

Anyone picked up this game? It's £5 download if you have PS+ and is a lot of fun. Vlambeer are great, but I've hit a wall with it - I can't kill the damn blimp! 

I've been tempted. I sure looks cool... 

2456641-gameplay_luftrausers_2014_3_17_2

and seems like it'd be fun to control.