Scrobbs

PS Vita

I just played the Soul Sacrifice demo... I didn't know it was a Monster Hunter style game, those are really not my style of game.

I love how it seems like some of the best games for the platform are reasonably priced on the PS Store. It's just a shame that memory cards are so hideously expensive. It does prevent me from racking up too much of a backlog of games, though. Meh.

Nope. Amazon Warehouse deals has had some seriously crazy deals on used stuff lately. If you're interested in similar deals, I'd keep an eye on the Warehouse Deals thread on Cheap Ass Gamer. Just this week I've gotten Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition (New) for $19, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Like New) with music CD for $23, and Killzone 2 (Like New) for $1.72.

The "Acceptable" condition Vita I got had a slightly beat-up box and one point that was worn on the Vita near the power port that almost certainly was from the previous owner just missing the port every now and then. Very slick deal.

Wow.  I will definitely keep my eye out for that--the Vita games I was getting from PS+ started making me think about picking one up, and cross-buy titles like Sound Shapes and Guacamelee are making it more tempting.  $250 feels a bit pricey, so I was holding out hope that they might announce a price drop at E3.  But if I can find one through Amazon for less than $200, I might pull the trigger.

Amazon just stocked Good condition AC Liberation bundles for $225, not too bad at all - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002I0JZOC/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used

That said, much better deals can be found. Also might be worth looking at Cowboom now and again, they have good console deals but their quality is a bit more random than Amazon Warehouse.

Saw this pop on Slickdeals, $185 for a 3g/Wi-Fi model w/8 GB memory card. Comes from a site called PayDeals, in new/like new condition in a white box. SD and CAG say it's a reputable seller, I wouldn't doubt them - https://paydeals.com/deals/playstation-vita-3g-wifi.html

I like the IGC stuff for Vita, but it's a bit disappointing that the Vita part of PS+ is just as unexciting as the PS3 part. The initial stuff gets you excited, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Wipeout, yeeeeah! Then all the new stuff that hits IGC is 5+ year old PSP fighting games that have no community. Meh.

Edit: $142 Good Condition Vita on Amazon, grab it while it lasts.

Amazon, Best Buy, and Target are all offering a $50 giftcard with Vita purchase.  This is obviously a sign that we can look forward to an E3 price drop, right?  I'll wait to see what happens on Monday, and expect that one way or another (new or used depending on how pricing changes) I'll be a Vita owner this time next week.

I never though i'd say this but I think i'm going to buy a Vita... TODAY

GAME UK are doing a deal this week. VITA (WIFI) + Game for £150 which i think is pretty good, although i will have to buy a memory card as well

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation...ntifier=151637

Is this a good time to buy one? They're not going to release some updated version in the future?

I'm starting my plus subscription this week so i'll get uncharted and gravity rush. So i'll probably never have to buy a game for it

annnnnnnnnd i've just bought one

it looks like a solid system, but I'm cheap and patient. I've had PS+ since they introduced it so I have a stockpile of Vita games just waiting to be downloaded. I hear the real burn is having to use Sony's proprietary memory card. Regardless, congrats!

Yeah, I got a 16gb for £38 :/ you could get them for a few pounds cheaper on eBay as they're region free but they all came from Hong Kong

I got my PS+ 30 day trial code today and it didn't work :( I'll just have to wait a couple days for the actual vita to turn up as that also comes with a trial code.

I will probably never play it.

So a vita has a touch screen, who knew!? (And its multi touch, up yours Wii U) I had just assumed it was the touch pad on the back

The set up process isn't very intuitive, if you select you already have a PSN account it tells you the system needs an update before you can link it. So you have to take a step back, say you don't have a PSN account, then create a trial PSN account??? Which lucky turned out to be just entering your date of birth. Weird.

Hilariously I can't actually do anything with it as I haven't got my memory card yet, went even let me start a game. Also, my second playstation plus trail code is giving my an error message, again. I'm starting to think I may have took out a trial a couple of years ago, oops, would be nice for the message to say that and not just 'invalid code'

Got my Vita a couple of weeks ago (picked up a used one at Gamestop for $210--not a great deal for used, but I had a decent amount of trade credit and didn't want to roll the dice with an ebay or similar purchase).  I think it's pretty great so far, and I'm certainly interested in what it'll be able to do once the PS4 launches.

Has anyone hacked their Vita?  I'm not typically one to mess around with such things, both out of fear that I will break something and because the benefits of doing so generally don't appeal to me, but I recently got the idea that it would be cool if I could run ScummVM on the Vita, and it looks like this is a theoretical possibility.  From some googling around, it looks like once you load up a cracked firmware you can run a version of ScummVM for PSP.  I'm about to go on a week of vacation at my inlaws', so if I could play Day of the Tentacle or Full Throttle on my Vita, it would ease the pain of my forced vacation from The Last of Us.  So far my searches about how to do this have mostly turned up videos of European dudes explaining how to do this in languages other than English, and websites with links to software that I am skeptical about downloading, so if anyone out there in the Thumbiverse has recommendations on whether and how to do this, I'd appreciate it!

i don't know abouts hacking, soz.

I've had my VIta for about 2 weeks now, of which it sat gathering dust for the first 12 days. But i sorta forced myself to start playing it a couple of days ago after i finished the Last of Us and i liked it \o/ and unlike all other mobile gaming devices i can actually see myself spending a decent amount of time on it.

I'm a Coconut dodge master!

If you want an adventure game, i noticed machinarium was on PSN for diiiiiiiiiiiiiirt cheap. Definitely worth a punt :tup:

i'm tempted to pick up hotline Miami, but i really should pay all the other games i got through PS+ first. Oh god i'm going to get even more at the beginning of July.

I loaded up Sine mora last night (i've completed it on xbox360) has anyone ever actually managed to get past the first boss in arcade mode, that game is fucking impossible

I can't play Hotline Miami on it very well but if you've got a PS3 then it comes with that version too and the saves are shared between both using a magic "cloud" so that's handy. I love that they're bringing all these indie games to it as I only have an ancient MacBook with no mouse and would never get a shot of them otherwise, all hail Shahid Ahmad.

Also Everybody's Golf on the Vita is the best seven quid I've spent on a game this year.

I went on a week long vacation with a lot of driving/downtime and I played Persona 4 Golden for THIRTY HOURS. Definitely worth your time, even if you're not a huge fan of JRPGs. Also put in an hour or so into Gravity Rush, I'm enjoying it a fair amount so far and got it for 'free' from PS+, so I have no complaints.

How is Everybody's Golf? With the name it seems obvious, but is it like the Sega or Nintendo Golf games? Is it a fun game for people who probably will never like or play real golf? I bought a fishing game on the Vita last week that "looked" fun, but it was too technical and serious to be fun.

Yeah the Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots games are a great mix of approachability and depth. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Gun point Miami?

Hot shit Miami?

I'll check.... Oh, Hotliiiiiine Miami, I wasn't far off

Can you compare and contrast it with the Wii version? It's one of the games that I want a Vita for, but I'm not sure if there's enough there to really justify rebuying it.

Valkyria Chronicles II is half price in the UK at the moment https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/cid=EP0177-ULES01417_00-GPCVALKYRI000001

although the stupid ps website wont take my money! first the offer wasn't showing, then 30mins later it was showing but with out the addition 10% for plus members, half an hour later it is actually marked at the offer price BUT it just gives me an error everytime i checkout :tdown:

i guess they don't want my monies, but i shall keep trying as there is nothing more satisfying in video games than shooting someone point blank in the face in a Valkyria chronicles games

Stuff like this is why the Vita is the greatest.

What the hell did I just watch?  And why is my bank account short $3?

Is ten by eight any good? I bought his robot blasting game on iPhone a few months back and played it for all of 10mins