Jake

New Idle Thumbs Website

Oh well, the video is up now. Anyone from back in the day still have the gif? I think it was originally Rusalka who posted it...

This one?

2hcnuae.gif

That's the only version I could find. It looks like I took it from an old Mixnmojo header thing.

Unless...

HONEYPOT IS AN ANAGRAM!

Honeypot

Toe Phony

Hah! Toe is the opposite of thumb! This is totally an ARG. Right? :tup:

It's pretty hilarious that the Idle Thumbs article transitions into a biography of Jeff Goldblum- and the paragraph where it does is cut off.

It's pretty hilarious that the Idle Thumbs article transitions into a biography of Jeff Goldblum- and the paragraph where it does is cut off.

The page on the left isn't an article, it's an advertisement. The page on the right is an article continuing from an earlier page.

That's there for spambots and other things crawling the site weirdly. Project Honeypot spam trap thing. strap = "spam trap." Says Doug, if you trust him.

For some reason I keep seeing this as "sperm trap." That's probably not good.

For some reason I keep seeing this as "sperm trap." That's probably not good.

yeah that's a different thing

that's what you get if you hang around in phone booths waiting for a call from the Idle Thumbs ARG

Now I can only see it as "Sperm Trap"

Also, I pronounce the term "ARG" in my head the way it would sound if a pirate said it. And I feel that is the most correct way to view that term.

Wow, advertisements used to have that much text? That's pretty nuts, cos nowadays you have to force or trick someone into even seeing an ad.

(also I think my idea was funnier)

This one?

2hcnuae.gif

That's the only version I could find. It looks like I took it from an old Mixnmojo header thing.

Heh, I have that saved up on my computer since the first time it was put on the net. Kind of creepy isn't it, but that's how it goes. We can never let this gif fade away. :)

Why I didn't check the frontpage earlier? Now I'm way too excited. What can all this mean?!?!

Why I didn't check the frontpage earlier? Now I'm way too excited. What can all this mean?!?!

I hope it means, that pods will be casted into faces. :clap:

Man, I really wanted to find a gif of this that I used to have, as the youtube has the name right in the title. I was hoping to pose a "who's that Thumb?" on this one

You know what, that's not even one of my best dances.

The page on the left isn't an article, it's an advertisement. The page on the right is an article continuing from an earlier page.

not to mention an unwitting allegory of the podcast's clean segues

not to mention an unwitting allegory of the podcast's clean segues

This is a keen observation. Nicely done, sir. :tup: