Tanukitsune

The new Pokémon game is a strategy game... set in the Sengoku era in feudal Japan?

hxi4rdnOUbQ

Destructoid seems to have a lot of screenshots if you care to browse at them.

Wow... :blink:

Now this is unexpected, why did they team up with Koei and made a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition? I'm not sure if any of the Nobunaga's Ambition games ever even made it out of Japan, although all the character design's are from the Samurai Warriors series (Toyotomi has the fire monkey, he he he!), but.... what is this? I don't even? :erm:

Then again, maybe this isn't that surprising? KOEI has made a Warriors game with pretty famous anime series, so why not with Pokémon? Nintendo has already crossed with SEGA in the Winter Olympics, so why not with KOEI in a strategy game?

I'm pretty sure that either you start with Yukimuri Sanada or some random nobody though and the strategy will be VERY dumbed down and will skip the micromanaging and only have battles, although I'm just speculating.

Wow, this really is crazy! I recognized the character from the Samurai Warriors games. Teaming them up with Pokémon? I'm listening. Pokémon doesn't have a great track record for gameplay outside the main franchise, but maybe this won't be half bad. And I like the extremely anachronistic idea of Nobunaga conquering Japan with Pokémon at his side.

I wonder how much depth will the game have? Can you choose sides? Or will just fight each of the famous battles, but with Pokémon?

Can I just say, fuck Japan? Every idiot and their mother is clamoring for AC3 to be set in feudal Japan. And while I do admire the ethos of the time period, 90% of people have no idea what it was like. Now, I know that doesn't directly relate to Pokemon, but this feudal-Japan-mania has to stop.

Idiots and their mothers... there's a thought. :devil:

Can I just say, fuck Japan? Every idiot and their mother is clamoring for AC3 to be set in feudal Japan. And while I do admire the ethos of the time period, 90% of people have no idea what it was like. Now, I know that doesn't directly relate to Pokemon, but this feudal-Japan-mania has to stop.

Idiots and their mothers... there's a thought. :devil:

I can't say i've heard any particular clamoring for AC3 to be set in feudal Japan, but even if there is, it's kind of a separate phenomena from the long-lived trend of Japanese companies making Japanese games primarily for a Japanese market with wildly anachronistic and stylized takes on their own history. (Koei, hey?)

I think you're confusing actual japanese people with weeaboos.

I can't say i've heard any particular clamoring for AC3 to be set in feudal Japan, but even if there is, it's kind of a separate phenomena from the long-lived trend of Japanese companies making Japanese games primarily for a Japanese market with wildly anachronistic and stylized takes on their own history. (Koei, hey?)

I think you're confusing actual japanese people with weeaboos.

I am, but I'm sure that if this is even remotely successful... Whatever, exit stage left before I find more vitriol.

You are thoroughly too late, Orvidos. The 'feudal Japan be CRAZY'-train has long since left the station and is running full speed. Even after playing and liking Samurai Warriors, my jaw dropped at the balls-out insanity of an anime like Sengoku Basara.

hWoqBVEqNWo

It's pretty harmless, asides. There's a TON of games, films and series that depict the period in a truthful manner, we just don't see those things regularly (unless you're an NHK freak). So this Pokémon game is both logical and whimsical in this Japanese tradition, and I wouldn't go about expecting Assassin's Creed 3, if set in the period, to star Masamune Data with a huge crescent moon on his helmet jumping twenty stories into the air. Though, you know, in the Animus that just might be possible.

What the hell? I never heard about this feudal Japan craze?

And I want AC 3 to be set in Victorian London!

I don't know about anime and film, but video games? For every game set in feudal Japan there are ten set in WWII and ten in feudal Europe.

Let's see: Samurai Warriors, Onimusha, Goemon, Sengoku Basara, The Way of the Samurai.... I don't see that much of feudal mania, specially considering how badly these games do out of Japan.

Japan is proud of the Sengoku era, I don't think weeabos even know about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, there isn't any underage girls showing their panties during this era... :getmecoat

AC3 should take place in a contemporary or future setting. Think of being able to walk down the street and assassinate people with guns.

So apparently this came out on the 18th?

The buzz is that it's awesome, it's getting great scores everywhere.

Just a straight-up FFT/Tactics Ogre-style strategy-RPG, from what i gather.

Jesus, Nintendo.

They quietly announced that it was coming to North America during E3, and a week later it's dumped into retail with absolutely no fanfare.

Pokemon Conquest is the localized title.

More for fans of Nobunaga's Ambition games and/or the Pokemon characters/brand, than for fans of Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre.

It's a cross over. In Japan is it straight up called 'Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition'.

It was developed by Nobunaga team over at Koei, and published by Nintendo.

Looking forward to Nintendo piggy-backing on other big handheld Japanese franchises... 'Pokemon + Monster Hunter' anyone?

Looking forward to Nintendo piggy-backing on other big handheld Japanese franchises... 'Pokemon + Monster Hunter' anyone?

So that's the one where you gut Pikachu and wear him as a hat?

Her crossed eyes are horrid.

is this game any challenge? i do like a good difficult tactics game.