Sign in to follow this  
George B

Fuck Steve, grats Steve 3.

Wait, so Chris and Steve are in SF, and nick is in portland? I think I'm getting all of this mixed up. I doubt we have much of a chance for a thumbs reunion of at least three of them aren't in the same city :(

Chris and Jake are in SF, along with Famous Vanaman. Steve is in Portland. Nick, I believe, remains out East. Sorry to all involved if it is creepy that we know all this about you.

Have I missed something or are all the old Idle Thumbs podcast eps coming to Youtube now or something?

Putting them on YouTube is one thing, but annotations? That's a lot of work. I wonder if they have Farcry 2 saved to their clipboard to help save on time.

Have I missed something or are all the old Idle Thumbs podcast eps coming to Youtube now or something?

I just tried looking for this and couldn't see it - any chance of a link?

Two things:

First: oh my God am I ever excited about the prospect of the return of the return of (The) Idle Thumbs Podcast. Sure, it would be great if Nick and Steve could be on it, but Chris, Jake and Famous are all awesome and funny and would be awesome together again, plus they would retain the three person dynamic present in the first iteration of the podcast.

Second: I was the one who wrote the reader letter that explained my confusion of Steve's nickname, so seeing Rodi's post of "Two Hot Scoops" made me inordinately happy.

I new podcast from the Thumbs would be awesome. An IGF special where Jake talks about all the games he played, that's what needs to happen.

I new podcast from the Thumbs would be awesome. An IGF special where Jake talks about all the games he played, that's what needs to happen.

Now I have this expectation.

Scoops was in Boston? I didn't even know that, in which case, So long, Steve! Welcome Back, Steve!

There's a game company in Portland? Even if he is freelancing, that's news to me. I really like that city though, so I'm sure he's having fun.

I've only seen the one, so far.

That guy was awesomely starting it on his YouTube account, so we gave him a login to the official account to start posting them there. No clue how many he'll do, but I'm thankful for the one we have!

So, what are the benefits to putting them on YouTube? Accessibility? Because apart from that, the only difference is the chapter headings, right?

So, what are the benefits to putting them on YouTube? Accessibility? Because apart from that, the only difference is the chapter headings, right?

Yep accessibility. Some people seem to only get content from sites like YouTube. It also means people can link straight to specific bits if they want.

It also means people can link straight to specific bits if they want.

Oh yeah, nice.

... I love doing the podcast more than most things. I was incredibly sad when everyone moved to the east coast last year.

Well, I enjoyed listening to the podcast more than most things. Every once in a while I run through the whole show again. Good stuff. It is weird hearing people discussing the "Fallout 3" fanboy controversy. Though the show holds up. As you listen to the first episodes, you can see that Chris was a bit over-ambitious with his songs, as they happen like every other episode at first. Good stuff, I hope the band can get back together.

-Jon