Sign in to follow this  
George B

Fuck Steve, grats Steve 3.

You guys see that Steve "Minerva's Scoops" Gaynor is moving to Portland and leaving Irrational Boston... :(

amazing life choice, Portland sounds like heaven (as close as you can get in the US), but it's a loss to B:I as well as my hopes for a Thumbs reunion.

W/e such is life :)

I could use a change of pace / employment myself... just need the guts to try I suppose.... oh comfort...

He is freelancing for now according to twitter. I can only imagine what's next.

Oh and Chris "Gotta use the kid" Remo is back in SF. Both left Irrational Games, but both only had good things to say bout the company and the soon to be game.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Good luck, thumbz! I'll try and post something cool later tonight to celebrate these fine gents.

He is freelancing for now according to twitter. I can only imagine what's next.

Oh and Chris "Gotta use the kid" Remo is back in SF. Both left Irrational Games, but both only had good things to say bout the company and the soon to be game.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Good luck, thumbz! I'll try and post something cool later tonight to celebrate these fine gents.

1: love the HHG reference.

2: yes, this is weird.

3: IDLE THUMBS SEASON 3?!?!

3: IDLE THUMBS SEASON 3?!?!

I wonder if when Jake heard Chris was moving back to SF, he sighed and asked: "Does this mean we have to do the podcast again?"

Congratulations to all!

I wonder if when Jake heard Chris was moving back to SF, he sighed and asked: "Does this mean we have to do the podcast again?"

Congratulations to all!

... I love doing the podcast more than most things. I was incredibly sad when everyone moved to the east coast last year.

If you squint between the letters, you can see that Jake just confirmed a new episode is coming TOMORROW.

... I love doing the podcast more than most things.

Certainly more than playing video games OHHHHH SICK BURN wait what

... I love doing the podcast more than most things. I was incredibly sad when everyone moved to the east coast last year.

But now they're all back! (Congrats Nick) YAY!

If you squint between the letters, you can see that Jake just confirmed a new episode is coming TOMORROW.

oh wow, reading this just gave me one of those painfully creepy super-wide smiles for a few seconds... Pavlov's thumb!

No it certainly fits.

I wonder why Steve and Chris decided to leave Irrational. Or, if they had the choice to leave themselves. I hope it's the former.

But good move heading to Portland, Mr. Gaynor. I lived there briefly and it's a pretty great city.

As for Chris' news, I found out about it via tweet from Famous.

Can't wait to hear "...and I'm Jake Rodkin" again XD

truth.

self-burn.

(I actually love playing video games a lot... its just hard for me to come home from work and look at more video games. I'm an IGF judge this year though and that is super amazing. Being able to check out all those indie games at once... so good...)

truth.

self-burn.

(I actually love playing video games a lot... its just hard for me to come home from work and look at more video games. I'm an IGF judge this year though and that is super amazing. Being able to check out all those indie games at once... so good...)

He even played a video game today!!!

:tup:

I actually love playing video games a lot... its just hard for me to come home from work and look at more video games.

In seriousness, it sometimes seems like I spend way more time listening to other people talking about games than actually playing them myself, which is way worse. And I don't even have any professional involvement in the industry at all. They're just all so big and the Internet is so immediate and distracting.

Me too man. Given the option of actually playing a thing or curling up in my bed and watching a Giant Bomb Quick Look on my laptop, I'll usually do the latter. I need to actually play things more.

Idle Thumbs Episode IV: Return of the Thumb: Origins: Awakening: Revengeance: Revelations: Brotherhood: Rising

FTFY

Good luck for Scoops in Portland and same for Chris back in SF!