Thrik

The Last of Us

I don't know anything about twilight beyond Trailers. But all paranormal things aside isn't it weird some really old dude, that just happens to look young goes to high school and wants to bang highschool chicks? Isn't that weird to anyone reading it since apparently there is a whole abstinence theme going on?

Also, apparently this isn't a zombie game, they're infected which are clearly different to some people :/

Also all the combat is meaningful in that trailer. Like the zombie, I mean infected is an infected and wants to kill that guy for his sweet flesh and that guy has to kill the infected so he can keep it. Meaningful.

It reminds me of that time in GTA4 where nikko wanted that really nice car so he tried to kill the owner and the owner disagreed and ran away, so nikko got the car and ran him over anyway just in case he went to the cops. Meaningful.

I hate to be this cynical but there's that interview out with someone from naughtydog reputing what people are saying, but the two points I took away from above are just silly. It's a zombie game where you kill zombies. Other things will most likely be going on and I'm sure it will be well crafted, but own up to what you game is, naughty dog.

Interesting:

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/the-last-of-us-not-a-horror-game-after-all/

If the game was about the monsters, we would have not showed them [in the trailer]. The story’s not about them, so we thought let’s get it out of the way.

The impression I'm getting is that The Last of Us is as much about zombies as Uncharted 1 was. That is, they're in the world but they're not the main antagonist or focus of the game — which makes this kind of a zombie game, but not really. They're just one of presumably many post-apocalyptic threats.

Sounding better. :tup:

That's the vibe I got from the trailer so I'm glad they're sort of confirming it.

The ivy-covered skyscrapers reminded me immediately of Enslaved - which was a really good game except for the game parts, IYSWIM. Hopefully Naughty Dog can round that out a bit...

Forget zombies. Where are all the vampire games? Apparently this shit is hot right now in books and maybe movies? I know Twilight and some other Vampire cash-in riding on Twilight's coattail* is trying to take over the sci-fi section in the book store.

* I'm probably thinking of another expression here but can't remember.

Because Vampires are generally overpowered compared to humans and tend not to actually get their hands dirty with actual fighting. If they do fight, they fight like normal humans, albeit stronger and faster. They're often also loners. All of which adds up to Vampires as bosses, but not low-level enemies.

Compare and contrast to zombies and werewolves, which tend to exhibit mob behaviour, have distinct fighting styles and physical features. Makes them much better choices for gameplay enemies.

Forget zombies. Where are all the vampire games? Apparently this shit is hot right now in books and maybe movies? I know Twilight and some other Vampire cash-in riding on Twilight's coattail* is trying to take over the sci-fi section in the book store.

* I'm probably thinking of another expression here but can't remember.

I wouldn't mind another Buffy game.

fUkT-quc8E8