Sign in to follow this  
Salka

I just want a new PC, is that so much to ask?

I hate computers (I also love them though). Why do Windows PCs rarely re-emerge successfully from sleep mode? Like ever since I can remember, this has been a problem, but one that I've never had with Ubuntu even though it's installed on a laptop that is struggling so hard to keep on living that it gets too hot to touch after about ten minutes, and sometimes sparks come out of the back if you pick it up when it's plugged in... but it always comes out of sleep mode in Ubuntu just fine.

I've had all sorts of sleep and suspend problems in both Windows and Ubuntu. I suspect at least some of it was driver problems. I had a netbook that for about half its life wouldn't resume wireless connectivity after waking from suspend, but would from full hibernation. Then I updated Ubuntu and suddenly it would resume wireless connectivity after suspend, but wouldn't wake at all from hibernation. Or something like that.

Stupid technology.

Did you know Fred and friends are working on a remake of LBA1? No? Well, they are.

:tup:

The best news in I've heard in a while when I read it in the GoG interview.

But, a true LBA3 is hopefully also in the pipeline for the future, that is the one I want the most from Raynal & co., but remake is a good start. :)

I hate computers (I also love them though). Why do Windows PCs rarely re-emerge successfully from sleep mode? Like ever since I can remember, this has been a problem, but one that I've never had with Ubuntu even though it's installed on a laptop that is struggling so hard to keep on living that it gets too hot to touch after about ten minutes, and sometimes sparks come out of the back if you pick it up when it's plugged in... but it always comes out of sleep mode in Ubuntu just fine.

That's funny, because over the years I've tried six or so Linux distros (including Ubuntu) on different machines, and not once has the sleep function worked. It usually killed sound, network connection or both IIRC.