Tanukitsune

PETA are sick @#$%ers (Mario kills Tanookis)

The new Mario came is coming out! And the Tanooki suit is back! HUZZAH!

But PETA thinks Mario is a sick monster and the the Tanooki suit is actually made of Tanuki fur... And made a game about it!

The video of tanukis getting killed is so sick it was taken of YouTube, but I was stupid and looked for it and found an alternative... Don't make the same mistake...

Apparently some sick monsters actually do skin tanukis alive for fur, but... WHY THIS?!:frusty:

What Mario wears is costumes! COSTUMES! Tanukis and frogs don't come in this size, dammit!

I'm pretty sure I'm falling into their trap by talking about, which is what they want, but seriously.... tanukis?

PETA is all about "don't wear fur", but who the hell wears fur anymore? Rich people who don't give a damn. Does PETA actually think anybody will watch the video or play the game and think: "Wow, I was about to buy a 5000$ tanuki fur coat, but I guess I shouldn't because it's wrong!"

I must admit, I wasn't aware people even used tanuki fur and I find this pretty upsetting, but let's face it.... What does this change? Has PETA done anything besides pointing fingers? Don't they kill the animals they rescue if they can't find a home?

But seriously, I hope Nintendo sues them or something, unlike the other games this one make Mario look like a monster, something I don't like will please Nintendo...

(The guy with "tanuki" in his username is upset about PETA claiming Mario kills Tanukis? Well, I never!):getmecoat

Mario must be using a pretty huge frog to be able to squeeze his body inside of it.

Looks like the video was banned from YouTube. Good job flaggers :)

I actually just beat the flash game. %#$% YOU MARIO! THIS SKIN BELONGS ON ANIMALS!

PETA: Trolls gonna troll.

PETA: Trolls gonna troll.

Indeed. It shouldn't come as a surprise that PETA tries to be as provocative as possible.

Also, I'm sorry tanu but I had to do this. :)

post-619-13375603470022_thumb.png

Indeed. It shouldn't come as a surprise that PETA tries to be as provocative as possible.

Also, I'm sorry tanu but I had to do this. :)

What exactly did I do wrong? I know punctuation isn't my forte, but I seriously have no idea why that period is a mistake.

Also, the game is pretty terrible, it's basically a Cananbalt clone.

Also, if Mario is wearing the tanuki's fur, they when does that fur have ears if the tanuki still has them? *nitpick*

There is nothing wrong with that period. It just looked so lonely amongst all the ellipsis, exclamation marks and question marks. :)

Oh.... Rage fueled Tanu has +20 in ellipses abuse and overenthusiastic punctuation! Rage fueled Tanu with crush lonely puny period unless it's in a ellipses mob! (They have pitchforks and torches!):period::(

I wear leather.

Also... in Skyrim I kill a lot of animals for their fur.

Don't worry, Skyrim will eventually get it's crappy PETA ripoff soon enough!

You'll play as a dragon who slay humans and wear their heads as a helmet!

But seriously guys, PETA is right, eating lifeforms is WRONG! That's is why you should stop eating lifeforms with cute lil' face and eat veggies, they have no face, so eat them guilt free! WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE!:tup:

I will kill, slay, maim, butcher and wear every single goddamn thing in Skyrim... except for the bunnies. I will not fucking touch the bunnies, they are too cute and adorable. Can't be done.

I will kill, slay, maim, butcher and wear every single goddamn thing in Skyrim... except for the bunnies. I will not fucking touch the bunnies, they are too cute and adorable. Can't be done.

Literally one of the first things I did outside of Helgen was shoot a bunny with a bow and arrow.

Haven't killed one since, though. I even saved a deer from a wolf... then killed another deer a bit later. I'm apparently a capricious hunter.

Am I the only one who can't afford Skyrim?:violin:

Um... I mean... Of course I'm playing Skyrim! I'm playing as "Shamus Fisherus" and I'm killing every terrorist dragon in sight, with my mighty gun magic! :getmecoat

And foxes!

They are awesome. I was walking around and a foxed approached me from the woods. He looked at me for a while and then ran off. Returned again to look at me, and ran of again. (I think it was a bug in the path finding, but it was awesome nonetheless).

This was mentioned on NPR over the radio when driving to work and the reporter started laughing. She also made the note that this has been in the series over 20 years and to be upset right now is more than late.

Kotaku claims the PETA is backing down a little and that it was "tongue" in cheek, and was more about tanuki fur than tanooki suits.

I'd link to it, but he didn't give a source, so I have no idea if the story is true.

Well, I've beaten the game and found out that Mario was never wearing the Tanooki Suit after all, it's actually a full Raccoon Suit!

I know this because the first power up you pick up in the "Special" world is the real deal, it even let's you turn into a statue! The only difference is that this suit looks like a coon with an ascot.

Or maybe the game has two different versions of the same suit? The game doesn't actually have a manual, so it doesn't say what the name of each power up is.