Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Johann Sebastian Joust

We have some office parties coming up and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get ones hands on Johann Sebastian Joust somehow*. Or is it currently only for indie developers to tease people with?

* assuming we already had the number of controllers required

I don't actually know for sure, but I imagine if you shot the devs an email saying "Hey, can we beta test your game at an office party?" they'd be receptive. Or not! Who knows.

What the heck is Johann Sebastian Joust? I suppose I could google.

God I love Joust. The poorness of the PS3 port I bought is probably why I stopped using my PS3 for gaming.

Hit up this GiantBomb video at 12 minutes as they play a few rounds of it. It looks really cool.

I played it at the Wild Rumpus - it is _awesome_. Although I didn't follow the musical cues at first, and got totally owned. And it turns out Alice from Shacknews was born to play Johann Sebastian Joust.

But yes! If you get a chance to play it, definitely go for it, and likewise B.U.T.T.O.N, which was also made by the Copenhagen Games Collective.

I played it at the Wild Rumpus - it is _awesome_. And it turns out Alice from Shacknews was born to play Johann Sebastian Joust.

Sadly, no evidence of this on their Flickr album.

I just received an email informing me I have a copy of this courtesy of Venus Patrol but unfortunately I don't own any Move controllers! I'm going to have to borrow some in the near future and give it a go.

Yeah, I got that too and I was all like omg I don't have move controllers and just closed the email. Also, if I did have move controllers, I would probably need Other People™ to play with, which is another thing I don't have.

We played this at Spaff's birthday celebration last night. Seven-way! It was stupid fun. I was pretty good at first, but then my brother started owning everyone. Stupid brother.