Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Call to the obsessives: Thumbcast archive?

Has anyone got the old old old "Thumbcast" Idle Thumbs podcast episodes that Marek and Spaff did before Chris and Nick and I did the more recent stuff?

In my quest a few months ago to clean up the archive, I got as far as the new Idle Thumbs 'casts, but I really should go back as far as the originals Marek and Spaff did!

I think I have them on a hard drive in my closet somewhere on an old IDE internal hard drive, but I don't want to dig that far if I can avoid it!

Edit: I have 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 already. I haven't got 6, 7, or 8 however. Any help would be appreciated!

I don't think I have them, sorry. But if you're making a full catalogue of Thumbs stuff, do also post into the archive the weird report video you made of E3 years ago. That's always good for a laugh. Stunts is Alex Ashby.

I heard he's compiling a The Definitive Thumbs, Remastered DVD collection, chock-full of extras, behind-the-scenes bloopers, bleepers, outtakes, interviews and commentary tracks, remixes, interactive games, URLs, collector's edition WETA™ hand painted resin limited edition figurines and bookends numbered and signed by the whole team, papercraft templates, postcards, cloth maps, double-sided semi-gloss high-grade stock posters and silk-screen t-shirts with special edition designs by eBoy (size M).

I heard he's compiling a The Definitive Thumbs, Remastered DVD collection, chock-full of extras, behind-the-scenes bloopers, bleepers, outtakes, interviews and commentary tracks, remixes, interactive games, URLs, collector's edition WETA™ hand painted resin limited edition figurines and bookends numbered and signed by the whole team, papercraft templates, postcards, cloth maps, double-sided semi-gloss high-grade stock posters and silk-screen t-shirts with special edition designs by eBoy (size M).

Also some sweet night vision goggles and a remote control BigDog.

Hey Jake, Episode 3 of the US cast isn't showing up in iTunes. Jus' sayin'.

I'm looking at it there right now and listening to it through the itunes store even! That's all I can do to verify that ;(

... hey! How about that Thumbcast, though? Anyone got those... :\

I'm looking at it there right now and listening to it through the itunes store even! That's all I can do to verify that ;(

... hey! How about that Thumbcast, though? Anyone got those... :\

My apologies, that was weird!

I just listened to the first episode of this, and I couldn't believe it was even more ridiculous than the The Idle Thumbs Podcast podcast and the Idle Thumbs podcast.

I never even knew this was a thing! I know what i'm doing for several hours!

*EDIT* Oh god, the audio quality! :fart: I'll try and trooper through this.

*EDIT 2* A reference to TouchDIC, nevermind, this will do :)

Urghhgghhghgghghgh wow the quality of the old thumbcasts was truly horrendous. It's pretty embarassing. :fart::spiraldy:

I enjoyed Spaff's account of his Wii launch day 'expedition'. It always amused me how US-oriented internet hype at video game launches contrasts so hugely with the generally very muted reality in the UK.