Thrik

Battlethumbs 3

Another thing I've noticed during the past week is that I hate Battlefield 3 with 32 players. It's now 64-man or nothing for me, practically feels like a different game due to the much higher concentration of people knocking around. :fart:

I don't think I've played a single game that wasn't on a 64 man server. It never occurred to me to do so.

We should play.

Indeed! Should we try to get a proper Idle Thumbs platoon deployment going sometime over this holiday period?

prog_hume (brkl) and I ran into each other on Battlelog tonight, we should schedule something for after Christmas. (I'll try and fit in with whatever crazy time zone nonsense you figure out.)

I'm hoping for some Thumbs shooting at fake people action later this week! Though Wednesday and Friday are not great for me.

IT'S A SCOPE. POW POW POW WITH MORE ACCURACY; YOU'VE UNLOCKED ANOTHER THING

Any idle thumbers still playing regularly? I usually try and get a few games in a night. Still very fun, though the game has gotten extra crashey lately. :(

Any idle thumbers still playing regularly? I usually try and get a few games in a night. Still very fun, though the game has gotten extra crashey lately. :(

I still occasionally play with friends on Friday evenings. Though due to the Friday time slot turn out can be rather erratic. Still fun when you can muster a bunch of guys to play.

I stopped playing when I realized these games mostly just make me angry.

That's a shame. I find that it's one of the few online games that doesn't make me feel horrible when I lose. Mainly because there are so many things to do besides just shooting other dudes to keep you occupied. I can heal my squad, fly a helicopter, repair tanks, laser designate vehicles, etc etc.

Not to say getting crushed doesn't happen occasionally and isn't frustrating. But having a good squad helping you often prevents the game from getting too lopsided.

Speaking of which: fancifulnotion is my online tag. I play on pc. Add me if you're up for a game or two!

I found myself falling into a rather deep Battlefield hole this last week when a friend bought me a SSD for my birthday and I wanted to test it out. Not only is the game loading everything stupid fast but I am suddenly thinking about picking up the season pass just to make sure future me has the expansions should this happen again.

Anyone playing?

I could maybe play with Thumbs, but the game is a source of frustration for me. Thumbs make everything better though. Voice chat would be a must.

I bought this on launch day. Played half an hour of the single player and a match or two of multiplayer. Then got side tracked by all the other games that were coming out around the same time and have yet to go back to it. So yeah, I would totally be in for a thumbs game.

I'm definitely up for some Battlethumbing. My PSN ID is SpittingVenom117 if anyone fancies adding me on there just to play some TDM, SQDM or Conquest let me know! I'm online now playing so come on down.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago on a whim and oh my... what a wonderful thing. Even if I'm kicking around the bottom of the table, I'm rarely having a bad time.

So I have submitted my papers for inspection at HQ. Meanwhile: ADD ME.

I don't have this game, but I want to say that every time I see this thread I can't help but think that it's about Battletoads.

People play this on things other than the PC?  The design just kind of makes me feel like mouse and keyboard are required.

Also, added you wrestevania.  Let me know if you want to jump into a game some time. 

i'm fancifulnotion - i'll definitely be jumping back on this at some point. especially after seeing this crazytown gif:

i15FWrivgxOPs.gif

People play this on things other than the PC?  The design just kind of makes me feel like mouse and keyboard are required.

Also, added you wrestevania.  Let me know if you want to jump into a game some time. 

Awesome--hit me up if you see me online! I quite often play weeknights between 7pm and 11pm GMT.