Thrik

Battlethumbs 3

I'm on as Cigoler and would be happy enough to serve as explodable room meat in any potential Idle Thumbs BF2 meet.

The MP is as good as expected - which means I think I shall be playing it for a long time. The SP was, as expected, fucking shit.

Unfortunately I just moved back to the city, so I wont be buying a lot of new games. At least not until I get a job :P.

Do you know how to run a projector? I could use a hand at the Plaza. Trying to cope with full time management and teaching practicum at the same time is fucking killing me.

If anybody else is having problems with MP crashing I highly recommend joining servers without PunkBuster. It looks like it's the source of my issues.

So I finally picked up Battlefield 3 as I found someone selling a code for the Russian version on eBay for £17. Some English language files later, I can now play with you guys!

Please tell me people are still playing. :oldman:

Update: Turns out I can't play BF3 right now because Origin is on the fritz. Woo, always on DRM. It's the way forward you guys.

I enjoyed an early morning session of the Back To Karkand maps this morning on the SA servers. Karkand is pretty amazing, Oman and Sharky(qai) aren't bad, and I still don't understand the enormous love that people have for Wake Island. I'm not sure I ever want to go back to normal BF3. Karkand is so destructible it's insane.

Man, I just spent money and you're already pushing more purchases on me? Why you do this? ;(

The Back to Karkand maps are indeed superb, although the fact that just about any building can be completely ripped apart makes being chased by a tank rather stressful.

I never did particularly like Wake Island, but the other three are excellent.

...and I still don't understand the enormous love that people have for Wake Island.
I never did particularly like Wake Island, but the other three are excellent.

:getmecoat

:getmecoat

Well it's a shit map! In any version other than 1942, if you don't have a vehicle, you get to walk for two to three minutes in order to be utterly annihilated by one. Rinse and repeat.

Well it's a shit map! In any version other than 1942, if you don't have a vehicle, you get to walk for two to three minutes in order to be utterly annihilated by one. Rinse and repeat.

If you can't handle a helicopter then sure, the map is probably not as fun, but that's YOUR problem. Choppers are awesome and not that hard to fly, learn them!

Yeah but there's like one helicopter per 1000 people. I'm sure it's all well and great for the few that snag the good vehicles, but that leaves like 60 of us still having a shit experience. :tdown:

I'm not going to say I hate Wake Island because I've had plenty of decent games on it, but it doesn't take much for the map to be completely overrun and make playing absolutely no fun because every time you so much as poke your head out of cover you get sniped; helicoptered; aeroplaned; or tanked.

I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong but I find Wake Island can become a clusterfuck of not-fun a lot more readily than all the other maps. Whereas on other maps the vehicles are balanced pretty well, they just don't sit well in Wake Island because the map was designed around vehicles that were almost laughably inferior to the power they have in Battlefield 3.

Another thing I've noticed during the past week is that I hate Battlefield 3 with 32 players. It's now 64-man or nothing for me, practically feels like a different game due to the much higher concentration of people knocking around. :fart: