Lu 

Id's Rage

I'm hoping it is primarily an FPS with a light bit of open-world spackle, although you don't hire Avalanche to make an FPS.

But of course, it's Bethesda, so odds are high that Bethesda will stiff them on milestone payments then buy them up for cheap when they're desperate for cash, so let's hope they haven't put all their eggs in one basket. (Bethesda has form with this technique.)

Odds are, though, that this is Mad Max 2 except they couldn't have the license again.

47 minutes ago, Merus said:

Odds are, though, that this is Mad Max 2 except they couldn't have the license again.

That would make a lot of sense. I think there's a lot more people clamoring for an Avalanche-developed Mad Max 2 than a Rage 2.

Yeah, I was not expecting to give a shit about a new Rage, but that looks like a really good time!

1 hour ago, marginalgloss said:

New trailer with actual gameplay is out.

Looks...quite good? Like they've welded the combat from DOOM to a generic openworld postapocalyptic world, with a light seasoning of the colour scheme from Splatoon. Plus points for Andrew WK.

51 minutes ago, Henke said:

Yeah, I was not expecting to give a shit about a new Rage, but that looks like a really good time!

Yeah, I watched it purely out of boredom and surprisingly enjoyed it. I think my favourite bit was when he shot the dude and continued juggling him with bullets in the air. I legitimately laughed aloud.

I really liked the trailer as well! I can't 100% tell what kind of game it is, but it seems like a fun place to be.

So is it multiplayer??? I dunno!

Honestly I like the Tank-Girl, gutter-punk aesthetic, it looks like they're just about pulling it off. I feel like many people are trying it these days and it can easily fall flat.

I had a fairly good time with RGE, and I think there was a lot of space to build something better.

I think they would have a more potent identity and personality if they funneled all their themes into a character that you could point to, but I guess Bethesda knows that and consistently chooses a different path.

More gameplay:

Looks nice enough, seems like they're having fun with it, and the driving/shooting feel more coherently linked now. Does seem like they're going more for open spaces and DOOM '16 style fighting, rather than the dense art design and corridor-shooting of the first one; hopefully they'll keep some of that in here, but it seems like this is set later so all the buildings have collapsed and vegetation's grown back in.

I thought this looked good, got me excited for it. Some of the areas looked gorgeous and the gun play looks very fast and dynamic.

I really hope this game goes for a Just Cause or Far Cry for an open world where you don't just drive between linear levels. RAGE and Mad Max both had that and it sucked.

That slide reminded me of the one thing Warface got right, really satisfying sliding in First Person.

Big Bullestorm vibes.  I recently tried to play Rage 1 and was pretty down on it, this looks a lot more fun.