Korax

The Binding of Isaac

While going through some old episodes, I recently listened to the Binding of Isaac episode of Roguelike Radio which featured Edmund McMillen. Very cool episode for any fan of Isaac.

Thank you for posting this, I really enjoyed it. I really wish there were more designer/artists like McMillen in gaming. His games have an excellent alternative style but they are first-and-foremost damn fun games.

Late to the party but I finally picked this up. Fantastic game, but with the luck factor I feel like I'm at the mercy of God when I play this. Managed to beat Mom the day I purchased it but I have a feeling that wasn't all my skill.

I own this, I got it a while ago in some steam sale, but haven't played it. I even got the DLC in the summer sale this year (the only thing I got, I'm proud of that fact). I'll play it at some point, but for some reason jsut haven't gotten around to it.

I've been playing this a lot lately, and one thing I noticed this time around that I didn't particularly pay attention to before is the soundtrack. It's incredible! Gets stuck in my head long after I've played the game.

I had to switch off the music and put on something from my own collection just to be able to play this without getting that music stuck :)

Big Rebirth update!

well, mostly just acknowledging that it's still in production and coming eventually.

But I'm still not done getting everything in the original!!

Dailies in TBoI excite me greatly. X:

I finally gave up on getting everything.  I just couldn't reach The Chest.  Beating the Cathedral multiple times was just too grueling for me, so I finally walked away from it.

But Daily Challenges, hell yeah!  Also local co-op makes me drool. 

That whole update was all about more more more!  I hope it doesn't throw off the balance of this game even more than Wrath of the Lamb (supposedly?) did.

Reading interviews with Edmund, he seemed to cognizant of how WotL skewed the game towards being easier, particularly with the frequency one could find flight items. 

One of the joys of a BoI playthrough is discovering oddball combinations that somehow manage to work well together.  But with sooooo many items available, it is an interesting question about whether that alone will mean that you hardly ever see similar combinations. 

Returned to TBoI recently after not having played it for about a year. It's still great, but I find that if I don't get any damage-up items in the first area I'll usually restart. Just find it a bit tedious pelting tougher enemies in the caves with loads of tears.

Also, still can't stand those guys who sprint at you, but can only be damaged from the back. Fatiguing.

They announced how co-op will work in Rebirth, which is the feature I'm most excited about.   2P gets a flying baby and takes one a heart from player one when it spawns, and can take an additional heart at will as long as player one has enough health.  So basically a shared health pool.  The baby gets all the passive upgrades that player one has, but the damage for both players is slightly reduced as long as the baby is active.  The baby can be despawned to return its health to Player 1. 

Still no release date, bastards!  Just sometime this year. 

LCRskpi.gif