Sign in to follow this  
stewmull

The Big live live show 2011 live.

Dont know if anyone else was watching Giant bomb's event but Video games and Famous were there talking about grenades rolling down hills... oh and walking dead.

Edited by stewmull

I came upon it quite accidentally, apparently right after Jake and Sean had started their bit. It was a pleasant surprise, to be sure, though a bit weird how they kept insisting on referencing all the references rather than discussing the actual game. Anyway, the little they showed and discussed made me even more anxious to see the actual thing, though I get the impression it's still a way's off (they might've said an actual date that I missed). It also reminded me (and hopefully Jake and Sean) how much they need to make a second podcast episode. I also stayed awake past my bedtime to see Chris Hecker's SpyParty, which is shaping up to be potentially awesome. Also, I was a bit surprised to discover the actual scale of the whole operation (I guess it was the whole Whiskey Media corporation thing – there were some rifftraxing people and a couple of guys testing arbitrary products in hilarious ways) There were dozens of men and women milling around, and so many rooms in which things were taking place. Pretty cool.

Damn, if I'd known I totally would have tuned in. Any chance of something like that getting archived? I just want to see the Games and Famous bits...

Damn, if I'd known I totally would have tuned in. Any chance of something like that getting archived? I just want to see the Games and Famous bits...

I knew it was on, but I simply couldn't watch it, happily Ryan Davis tweeted "BLLSL will be archived." so i'm hanging out for it to be posted on GB.

i only really watched that part, it was also amazing when Jake got scared of a telephone backstage, stoked that its being archived tho :)

I knew it was on, but I simply couldn't watch it, happily Ryan Davis tweeted "BLLSL will be archived." so i'm hanging out for it to be posted on GB.

It's already on their Justin TV archive, that's how i watched it.

It was pretty great, they did loads and loads of awesome stuff this year.

The archives are going up on GB right now.

The discussion of Grenades and Hills between Brad Shoemaker, Jake Rodkin, Sean Vanaman and Ryan Davis was FUCKING MAGICAL.

Does anyone who watched the whole thing know if they did a starcraft 2 match at any point? I thought I heard them mention that at some point on the bombcast, but I didn't get a chance to watch the whole show, but I'd like to rewatch that bit

Does anyone who watched the whole thing know if they did a starcraft 2 match at any point? I thought I heard them mention that at some point on the bombcast, but I didn't get a chance to watch the whole show, but I'd like to rewatch that bit

Yeah, it was towards the end, i think in the last two hours or so?

Yeah within part 3 of video uploaded in events.

I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't know what they were talking about in Farcry 2, but he did manage to come up with "Grenades don't kill people, hills (do|kill people)" or whatever it was.

The highlight of the segment I felt was the way Sean kept looking for the camera. I'm not sure if he caught himself doing it then decided to turn it into a bit where he thought he was supposed to look directly in the camera, or if it was by accident. Or if Jake tagged up on that, or if that was also by accident, but it made me happy.

Thanks for telling me where to find the SC2 stuff fellas. Watching now.

Back on the Jake appearance, I thought it was funny how uncomfortable they were getting when brad tried to get him to say wizard haha