Sign in to follow this  
pabosher

Video Game Podcast Name Help

I do love Blood, Sweat and Turrets, very cool indeed. Also, "Behind the Crate" is cool. Both fall into the trap of someone like me looking for video game related interviews and not being able to find it, though. (I recently tried to find film podcasts to listen to, and I got this list. What would you pick?: Mondo Movie, Film FlimFlam, Filmspotting, The Hollywood Saloon, CinemaJaw, FilmCast... I have zero idea where to begin to find the kind of programming I'm looking for from these titles -- Are they reviews? Interviews? Commentary? News? So I do think a title is somewhat important... even if it becomes meaningless if you've built a brand.)

Not sure about AnecTotally Video Games... I don't really get it.

I kind of stole this idea, but it sort of works: Video Game Babble-On :yep:

I think it's a good idea to keep the name down to a couple of words that will easily fit into a sentence like "Yo, I was listenin' to the [podcast name here] podcast the other day." Also, a title that seems cute and clever at first is probably going to be less so fifty episodes in, so when that happens, it should at least not be embarrassing to say. I think it's better to err on the side of "not particularly funny, but concise and generally descriptive of what the podcast is about."

I suggest something along the lines of "Emergent Narratives" but maybe a bit less pretentious.

Also, a title that seems cute and clever at first is probably going to be less so fifty episodes in

X5Czn.jpg

There is of course lots of video game clichés you can spin that are obvious to people that play at least decent amount of video games (probably your core audience): Stories from the Another Castle (or Princess Is In Another Cast), Cut - Scene, NPC Interviews, red barrel something, Dialog Tree (as bbX1138 suggested), etc.

There is of course lots of video game clichés you can spin that are obvious to people that play at least decent amount of video games (probably your core audience): Stories from the Another Castle (or Princess Is In Another Cast), Cut - Scene, NPC Interviews, red barrel something, Dialog Tree (as bbX1138 suggested), etc.

A play on those words was suggested for the blog I write on and I hated it, partly because I knew someone like me would never go to a site named that.

In retrospect it would have got a lot more hits.

I like Dialog tree but maybe it should have a subtitle so that people like Thunder and myself who might search for these kinds of podcasts can figure out if we should bother downloading and listening to it. Am I right in thinking you wrote that quite taxing interview a while back?

I've written up several rather long interviews, yes. The most prominent in my memory is one I conducted with Spaff and Alex Evans from MM, and a recent one with Todd Batty from EA Vancouver about SSX.

EDIT: I quite like Check My Levels, but again, I worry it's too much of a reference to the Irrational Interviews podcast.

Edited by SpeedyDesiato

Hmmm, what about "Dialogue Tree"/"Conversation Tree" or similar?

Well, this makes me think of Mary Jane in the most hilarious way possible. Chris & Co. smokes one up to get loose & ready for some thumbing.

Look, "Game Parley" is obviously the winner, it's fucking genius. Game Parley, game-play. Parleys on games and gameplay. Game Parley. Say it with me. GAME PARLEY.

Then add a descriptive subtitle for Google/clarity and BOOM. I just rolled a grenade down yo' hill.

Ok, I had another idea:

What do we think about 'Buried in the Credits'?

Clever, I like it, but maybe not as good as Game Parley or Video Game Babble-On in the descriptive stakes. You should probably just go with what you like, as you'll never please everyone, and there's plenty of good names here. Also, it probably doesn't matter that much.

Clever, but maybe not as good as Game Parley or Video Game Babble-On in the descriptive stakes. You should just go with what you like, as you'll never please everyone.

I don't get the Babble-on thing (Unless it's Video Game Babylon?) and unfortunately I doubt the majority of people will understand what parley is.

How about:

Talk About Games... or Die

Gamesformers

Metal Games Solid

Lord of the Games

Untitled Games Podcast

Smiles are 4 Losers j/k kidding lol ;)

Left 4 Games

Games 4 Dead

Games 4 Games

Games 4 Dead 2: Dead 4 Games

Bulletcast

Explosioncast

Talkin' Games with Speedy

GAMES GAMES GAMES

Lord of the Games 2

Games Schmames

Video Game Podcast of the Year Powered By Mountain Dew

Inside the Game Developer's Studio

www.htt/p slash gamecast dot @net

cyb3erCAST

The Official Valve Podcast

2FFFF - In-Depth Supplementary Ideographic Plane Discussions

Not the Idle Thumbs Podcast

The Idle Thumbs Podcast

The Idle Thumbs Podcast 2

The Idle Thumbs 2odcast

No! Wait! I've analysed all the relevant variables, crunched some numbers, and come up with something that is a witty and universally appealing pun that concisely conveys the content of your podcastular offering:

Ultrafuck Shitpunisher Christ Turbo ζ Deluxx

What do you think?

unfortunately I doubt the majority of people will understand what parley is.

Only the MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of people who saw the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies *sulk*

Still in favor of Blood Sweat and Turret Sequences…*I might have to steal it if you don't take it…