toblix

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

This game is amazing. The whole intro section is so good, and the graphics are even more beautiful than Last Crusade. Also, some much needed GUI improvements. Also this:

xU1wT.png

Maybe the best idea ever in the history of games.

I bought a Lucas Arts Steam pack a while ago, and started playing through this one. I know I should like it, but I can't get over Indiana's voice actor.

I love this game. I never actually played Last Crusade but I played through Atlantis a bunch of times.

Somehow, I've forgotten almost everything about it... maybe it's time to replay again!

I bought a Lucas Arts Steam pack a while ago, and started playing through this one. I know I should like it, but I can't get over Indiana's voice actor.

Yeah, Doug Lee isn't the greatest, but if you try and forget he's trying to be Harrison Ford and just accept him for who he is, the game gets a lot more enjoyable.

Why in the shiniest of fucks would you want to play this game with voice acting?! Though I haven't tried it myself, I'm pretty sure it must be terrible!

Why in the shiniest of fucks would you want to play this game with voice acting?! Though I haven't tried it myself, I'm pretty sure it must be terrible!

I've always found it a lot more enjoyable with the voice acting turned on -- especially when I got used to Doug Lee's voice. I never thought that game's dialogue lent itself to reading, oddly enough (too dry). Hal Barwood didn't like how they camped up certain things, though (the German scientist, etc.).

Uh, I dunno. Maybe because LucasArts has a well-established reputation about its superb voice acting? :erm:

I liked the voice acting. :getmecoat

Hal Barwood didn't like how they camped up certain things, though (the German scientist, etc.).

It glitters like fire!

In my personal Indy canon, Fate of Atlantis is the fourth movie.

It's a very happy delusion.

In my personal Indy canon, Fate of Atlantis is the fourth movie.

It's a very happy delusion.

I approve this comment.

And like I wrote earlier, I had no problems with Doug Lee's voice acting as I thought he fit the role perfectly. At least he was better than the other guys in Emperor's Tomb and Staff of Kings they made after Infernal Machine.

This is the game that someone mentioned playing with their friends and spending a whole day or something brute-forcing a particular puzzle, right? I recently bought this game to wash away the memory of the KQ2 fan remake/butchery debacle, and now that I've gotten to the part of the game that deals with wheel-and-lever puzzles I keep wondering if I've beaten the famous puzzle yet. =P

(It seems like a weird thing to say, but I hope it goes back to focusing on inventory puzzles and clever dialogue-based solutions before the end of the game...a lot of games have a weird final inescapable level that seems to be cribbed from a different game entirely...I'm afraid that this one is going to turn into Myst!)

Re: voice acting, I think it's fine, but I also don't have a lot of history with the movies so my expectations are lowered. Mrs. Berzee is going to grind away the enamel from her molars if Sophia Hapgood keeps rattling on, though. =P We should've done the wits path instead, so she wouldn't have worn out her welcome by now ;)

If I remember correctly the end game sequence is pretty much a dialogue puzzle that gives different endings. Be sure to save at the beginning so you can play around.

I remember that lever bullshit being a pain in the ass. I could have sworn there was some kind of logic to it so you wouldn't just try every combination, but I've forgotten.

I did love Fate of Atlantis and I've played through every path at least twice.

I remember playing Last Crusade a lot more then Fate of Atlantis cause my computer couldn't quite hack it on fate. I didn't get to actually complete that one until we got a "pentium" class computer. 

I played this game pretty recently. Over Christmas when I was visiting home, I think.

It's a good video game!

These games were great. I don't think I ever got very far with the Last Crusade though...

Wasn't The Last Crusade made before Lucasarts had it's "adventure standards" and was a bit "Sierra-ish"? I do believe dead ends where possible in that game? I remember playing it pirated from a friend and with the walkthrough photocopied on my Amiga.

Yeah, Last Crusade was hard and more Sierra-ish. I think there were also a lot of random puzzle stuff like the location of the Knight's Templar tomb was randomized and you had to go through some books in the library to figure out where it was.