Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Nottingham Game City

I do but I'm in the wrong continent.

I hope one day I will have airplane money that allows me to be in other places quickly that are not Texas and near Texas.

I do but I'm in the wrong continent.

I hope one day I will have airplane money that allows me to be in other places quickly that are not Texas and near Texas.

Same, but replace "Texas" with "Canadian Texas."

Ooo, I love Canadian Texas!

We're actually quite nice, but our politicians and rodeos make me want to punch toddlers.

Canadian Texas? THERE WILL BE NO INCREASE IN TEXAS!! The current Texas is enough!

I'll be there.

Predictable yet gladdening.

Anyone else potentially around for it?

No more takers for this?

Nach', are you involved in the organisation of this? And will you be doing one of your workspace type deals? I've got a half-working Amiga 500 with a load of games in Nottingham and I'm wondering if there'd be a section I could donate it to for playing on or smashing up or something.

Bollocks, the one year I actually could be arsed to go I find out that it clashes with my honeymoon.

ARGH, sods law seeing as Derby's only round the corner!

Nach', are you involved in the organisation of this? And will you be doing one of your workspace type deals? I've got a half-working Amiga 500 with a load of games in Nottingham and I'm wondering if there'd be a section I could donate it to for playing on or smashing up or something.

Um, you mean Hackspace? The hackspace would probably take it if you didn't want it anymore, though aren't doing anything specifically for GameCity.

I'll be working for GameCity that week, so might not be able to hang around for the whole thing. Most likely that I'll be one of the people running around preventing anything from falling to bits.

They're dressing up Nottm city centre as Hyrule for the Saturday of this! Girls as Link, baby!

I'll be working for GameCity that week, so might not be able to hang around for the whole thing. Most likely that I'll be one of the people running around preventing anything from falling to bits.

This was hilariously accurate last night. Every time I saw Nach, he was legging it past me with an apologetic can't-stop look on his face.

Hopefully I'll get to say hello at some point today, Nach! Remember #indievisibility drinks are happening at two, probably at The Malt Cross Tavern now.

This was hilariously accurate last night. Every time I saw Nach, he was legging it past me with an apologetic can't-stop look on his face.

Oh, you would not believe. Due to various crises, my cast iron plan to get seven hours of uninterrupted sleep last night turned into two hours of crap sleep. Festival seems to be running fairly well though :)

I'm in the organisers office. It's Zelda Day. Right this very second, the tent is filling up with girls dressed as Link. I'm going to try and make it to the drinks for a bit this afternoon. I'm glad they're in the Malt Cross, the Trip is way out; the Malt Cross is damn fine and a stones throw from the giant tent in the market square.

Right this very second, the tent is filling up with girls dressed as Link

Pics or it didn't happen.

I actually made it to the Saturday part!

I was kind of hoping that they'd literally turned the Market Place into Hyrule as opposed to it being a tent with a load of screens displaying old zelda games on, but it was still interesting to see!

For some unknown reason, most of the day was spent queuing for the Battlefield 3 event thing, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the series.

At least I got to have a pint in a pub built into the side of a cave/castle though!

I actually made it to the Saturday part!

I was kind of hoping that they'd literally turned the Market Place into Hyrule as opposed to it being a tent with a load of screens displaying old zelda games on, but it was still interesting to see!

We were really nervous about that expectation; people kept ringing the office the week before the Festival to quiz us about it. We also wish we'd had the budget to do that, because it would have been brilliant. I didn't get to be very involved in the tent stuff that day, but was pleased to see the glyphs that popped up on the lighting strips.

Also the Zelda Zine, which was curated by Cory Schmitz with Lee Nicholls from the GameCity team. Amazing response to that; this was the queue outside Page 45:

436031077.jpg

Apparently just a little bit bigger than the one they got for the last Scott Pilgrim book :)

It was lovely to see some of you, and sorry I was in such a rush most of the time.

Edit:

Pics or it didn't happen.

I didn't have time to take any, but here is proof of at least some.

Edited by Nachimir